Rumour Dayne Beams - will he or won't he retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta say, if there was ever a year to get yourself back together though - this feels like it. He could come back next year with 2 years still on his deal!

Other posters have alluded to the damage being too much though.

Beams is still not in a great place.
This year has been a shocking time for all in Victoria for all reasons.
If you aren't capable of empathy for the greater population after the fires, Covid, unemployment, kids in year 12 (me) and any other sh*te, well, then I hope you live a great untainted perfect life, whatever that entails.
Screw contracts etc. Dayne is a person.
The pounds put on his face/body are comfort for him. Probably not healthy.
Football means sh*t compared to 1 person.
No matter what club
Take care all.
Side by side.
Xx

Well said. A little bit of empathy is painless.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Gotta say, if there was ever a year to get yourself back together though - this feels like it. He could come back next year with 2 years still on his deal!

Other posters have alluded to the damage being too much though.
Looks as though it's more the whole football bubble environment isn't for him anymore, he no longer has the mental strength/commitment required IMO. I'd say club & Dayne have worked a deal and will make it official once allowed.

If you aren't capable of empathy for the greater population after the fires, Covid, unemployment, kids in year 12 (me) and any other sh*te, well, then I hope you live a great untainted perfect life, whatever that entails.
No matter what club
Take care all.
Side by side.
Xx

Nah - you're forgetting he burnt the club in the past, threw them under the buss and skipped the Copeland night.
Had his chance but his actions are character speak for himself...

The only ones to blame are the people at the club who fell for it a second time.

Nah - you're forgetting he burnt the club in the past, threw them under the buss and skipped the Copeland night.
I thought the club were already on the bus, and he didn’t want to be on the bus with them? Maybe the bus had some sort of engineering fault? I’m getting old and my memory fails me...

No matter what club
Take care all.
Side by side.
Xx
I don’t disagree, nobody is holding him to ransom...he is holding us to ransom. If he doesn’t want to play, then he should opt out of his contract and focus on his health and other interests.

I thought the club were already on the bus, and he didn’t want to be on the bus with them? Maybe the bus had some sort of engineering fault? I’m getting old and my memory fails me...

Your memory doesn't fail you. That was an awesome pick up, reminiscent of Beams himself - God his ball handling was clean I'd completely forgotten about the off the bus talk.

I don’t disagree, nobody is holding him to ransom...he is holding us to ransom
There’s an assumption there nothing has been resolved.
Given he’s supposedly indicating he’s not coming back, I take it he’s comfortable now.
The fact there hasn’t been a formal announcement may be as a result of the AFL putting a moratorium on contract discussions.
I realise that may seem contradictory, it may have been sorted prior to the ban on discussions.
All guess work on my behalf, just another view.

There’s an assumption there nothing has been resolved.
Given he’s supposedly indicating he’s not coming back, I take it he’s comfortable now.
The fact there hasn’t been a formal announcement may be as a result of the AFL putting a moratorium on contract discussions.
I realise that may seem contradictory, it may have been sorted prior to the ban on discussions.
All guess work on my behalf, just another view.

That sounds the most likely current situation. Anyone complaining about it not being resolved right now must not understand it can’t be resolved right now.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A lot of sets do have an extra queen, because you can end up with two, but yeah, Where's the king.
Really? I thought a pawn reaching the other end could be turned into any piece you’ve already lost; you’re saying you can just turn it into a second Queen? Dang!

Really? I thought a pawn reaching the other end could be turned into any piece you’ve already lost; you’re saying you can just turn it into a second Queen? Dang!
Yep. If you've got a one queen set and you've already lost a rook, standard is to turn it upside down and it's a queen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back