Autopsy Pitiful Pies Pulverised by Dees

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually I think Bucks is (or was) a good coach, got a group playing with belief on the back of a good tactical system. Seems he's out of ideas now but.

The list? Only a moron would look at a rebuild, it's a very very good list to build with. So agree with you there. Needs a KPF and new plan and belief again, and maybe a fresh coach.

I think the problem that some can't realise is that they view the 2018 prelim as what it is capable of, and it is (was). NO team can do that week in week out, further other teams consistently perform at a higher standard than we do.
He had success as a coach, but now we’re seeing with time that late 2018 and early 2019 was as good as he can do with the list. And that’s after years and years of rebuilding and shaping the team the way he wanted. The rest of your post is spot on, particularly the last sentence.

Evidently it’s too hard for people to get their heads around it though, despite the facts proving it.

Sorry but what is laughable is the clear inference in your post, that until we turn the ledger positive from 6/21 ( which could 2-3 years) then we are not genuine. Does that sound sensible?
If we beat Rich, GWS, WC in our next meetings, would you still hold to this view - obviously not, and yet your ledger would still only be 9/24.

Recent form always trumps past form - clearly.
And our recent form is a draw, a loss and a 10 goal belting. Not exactly lighting it up with 2 points from our last 3 games against those mobs

And our recent form is a draw, a loss and a 10 goal belting. Not exactly lighting it up with 2 points from our last 3 games against those mobs

“Recent form trumps past form”

I genuinely think he/she has no idea what they’re on about.

“Recent form trumps past form”

I genuinely think he/she has no idea what they’re on about.
Recent form against top contenders = bad
Past form against top contenders = similarly bad

I miss our 2010 and 2011 teams that seemed to just romp everyone :(

Someone try and work out how this works

Melbourne v Collingwood
6 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
6 Angus Brayshaw (MELB)
6 Ed Langdon (MELB)
4 Christian Petracca (MELB)
3 Taylor Adams (COLL)
3 Steele Sidebottom (COLL)
2 Charlie Spargo (MELB)

Would have to mean two players got a 5 from one coach and 1 from the other?

Melbourne v Collingwood
6 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
6 Angus Brayshaw (MELB)
6 Ed Langdon (MELB)
3 Taylor Adams (COLL)
2 Charlie Spargo (MELB)

Means Melbourne played much better than us and at least our midfield, along with Phillips and Noble were beaten by their direct opponent.

He had success as a coach, but now we’re seeing with time that late 2018 and early 2019 was as good as he can do with the list. And that’s after years and years of rebuilding and shaping the team the way he wanted. The rest of your post is spot on, particularly the last sentence.

Evidently it’s too hard for people to get their heads around it though, despite the facts proving it.

Oh totally agree he's squeezed everything out it, and almost achieved the near unachievable. Credit where it's due - post 2017 with almost zero list change the group and panel went from meh to headline players.

Not many coaches could do that with the group we had, exceptional development!

That time has passed IMO though. Time for change, what that looks like I don't know. All I know it's unlikely we'll see success with our current set up as a club as a whole.

Melbourne v Collingwood
6 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
6 Angus Brayshaw (MELB)
6 Ed Langdon (MELB)
3 Taylor Adams (COLL)
2 Charlie Spargo (MELB)

Yep, if two of Oliver, Brayshaw, Langdon didn’t go 5-1, then someone else would have scored more than 4. So you’re correct.

Yep, if two of Oliver, Brayshaw, Langdon didn’t go 5-1, then someone else would have scored more than 4. So you’re correct.

Let's assume Oliver and Brayshaw got 5-1 each.

Means at least one of the coaches gave Langdon 4, the other gave their 4 to Petracca. Means:

Oliver 5-1
Brayshaw 5-1
Langdon 4-2
Petracca 4-0
Sidebottom 3-0
Adams 3-0
Spargo 2-0

🤯🤯🤯

Talk about seeing the game differently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remember all those people saying that "some" of our blokes don't go when its their turn or who duck contact???
Brody Mihocek didn't and paid the price.
And touch wood, he's escaped with just a headache....(crossed fingers)

That incident took me back to when Tooves ran back front on into a pack that contained Hawkins and Reid. He wasn't so lucky.

Most years, like 99% the best team of the year wins it, we weren't - close but not.

WC in that game without NN and Sheppard had a far superior list and were the best performed of the year. Some would argue the tiges, in any case not us.

I'm super impressed the way our group and our panel eeked out every potential of that list and plan to even get there. Amazing stuff.

But there's no way you can convince anyone we were the box seat team to win it. Would've been an underdog win.
An alternate view:
We were the best team in September in 2018 and got unlucky.
Travelled to Perth for the first final. We were unsettled early and they got off to a flyer. But we controlled much of the game. I reckon home ground advantage and got them over the line in the last quarter.
Beat GWS
Smashed tigers.
Ran out of legs in losing a thrilling GF, as they'd had the luxury of a week off, which we hadn't.

An alternate view:
We were the best team in September in 2018 and got unlucky.
Travelled to Perth for the first final. We were unsettled early and they got off to a flyer. But we controlled much of the game. I reckon home ground advantage and got them over the line in the last quarter.
Beat GWS
Smashed tigers.
Ran out of legs in losing a thrilling GF, as they'd had the luxury of a week off, which we hadn't.

Can't disagree, none the less we were not the best team of the year. None the less we don't have a flag, none the less if we did win it it would've been one of most revered without question.

Jus
Can't disagree, none the less we were not the best team of the year. None the less we don't have a flag, none the less if we did win it it would've been one of most revered without question.
How are you judging the best team of the year? I just looked it up, since 1996 only 7 times in 24 years has the Premier finished top at the end of the home and away season: 2013, 2012, 2010, 2007, 2006, 2004, 2000. Lethal's Lions - the most complete team I've seen, never finished top.

Remember all those people saying that "some" of our blokes don't go when its their turn or who duck contact???
Brody Mihocek didn't and paid the price.
And touch wood, he's escaped with just a headache....(crossed fingers)

That incident took me back to when Tooves ran back front on into a pack that contained Hawkins and Reid. He wasn't so lucky.

Whats your point?

He went as he should, sometimes you come off second best but most times he wont.
He was caragoues and should be lauded only thing he did wrong was not protect himself (something that AFL players seem to have lost in search of frees), if you watch the replay he had time to jump into the melbourne player and turn side on but ran face first and flat footed.

Footys a physical game has been for over 100 years, accidents happen.

Whats your point?

He went as he should, sometimes you come off second best but most times he wont.
He was caragoues and should be lauded only thing he did wrong was not protect himself (something that AFL players seem to have lost in search of frees), if you watch the replay he had time to jump into the melbourne player and turn side on but ran face first and flat footed.

Footys a physical game has been for over 100 years, accidents happen.

Really? I never knew...though I've been involved with it for the last 70 odd years myself!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back