Traded Callum Coleman-Jones [Traded to North Melbourne with 42, 47 and a future 4th for Tarrant, 40 and a future 2nd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but if the tables were turned, I wouldn't begrudge Richmond sending a player to the PSD without a favorable deal.
Despite what many of my fellow supporters think, the psd is there to help the bottom clubs get us contracted players without giving up anything in return.
Wouldn’t have begrudged north for doing it at all.
it is what it’s there for after all.

If the Crows got CCJ, Graham + our 4th and all we got is a second rounder (pick in the late 30s/early 40s) coming back we would have been absolutely reamed. There is no chance Richmond make that trade, which is all that matters, not what other posters think.
it does..but one poster asked what would be a fair deal and that was what I thought was fair as a supporter of another club based on one player being banged up and not a need for us and maybe a delist at year's end and the other having promise but being well behind others that have moved past him at your club resulting in 1 game in 3 years. I think others have made mention that other rucks better performed have been traded for less. But for sure these guys are your clubs players and you have a different value on them but on the open market I doubt you'd get more than a 2nd rounder that is likely to be closer to high 20's / low 30's than 40 after clubs academy bids wipe out clubs draft picks

Edit: and as such your club might be better of holding onto CCJ

There seems to be this idea that Nank is somehow on the outer. He just turned 26, he is about to come into his prime years as a ruckman. The only thing keeping him out of the side is and has been injury, that's it. When fit he is easily our best in the position. Not so much in the hitouts, but around the stoppages and around the ground his influence is huge for us. If he's fit, I'm playing him every game as the number 1 ruck, with someone like Chol/CCJ as the 2nd ruck/KPF. Soldo is then the one that plays reserves until injury strikes.

CCJ is competing with the KPF, number 1 rucks, and the 2nd ruck/KPF position. He's just been one injury away from opportunity given his age, but in 2021 he could absolutely break in either as overtaking those guys or as inevitably an opportunity arises.

Richmond don't want to lose him, the only question is whether CCJ is happy to wait until 2021/2022 for that opportunity, and take the battle on his hands to get a spot, or if he is desperate to start establishing himself and desperately wants guaranteed gametime next year. I'm not sure where his mind is that there.

I think it’s more about job security as well other than just wanting to play AFL. I suspect if Richmond hold onto him and other clubs have interest then they’ll likely give him a contract extension.

Butler was better than both of them and he went for what, Pick 50?

Butler was better than both of them and he went for what, Pick 50?

In a fair and realistic world, if CCJ is traded, he will go for a very similar pick as what Carlton paid Hawthorn for Marc Pittonet.

In a fair and realistic world, if CCJ is traded, he will go for a very similar pick as what Carlton paid Hawthorn for Marc Pittonet.

Pittonet is old and was pick 50

Ccj is a baby and drafted above balta

I doubt richmond let him go unless a very good offer. Probably number 1 ruck next season and long term

Ccj isn't even doing that. Was reamed with no lubricant by bellchambers at afl level
Hes not even doing what? Playing average footy at vfl level? Did you watch him last year? Had a great finals series too.

A 19 year old ruck playing his debut game against one of the most experienced rucks in the comp getting beaten. Huge story. From memory he did extremely well considering.

Pittonet is old and was pick 50

Ccj is a baby and drafted above balta

I doubt richmond let him go unless a very good offer. Probably number 1 ruck next season and long term
Is old lmfao...He is 24 years old

Number 1 ruck based on what? He wasn't even consistently number 1 ruck at VFL level

Is old lmfao...He is 24 years old

Number 1 ruck based on what? He wasn't even consistently number 1 ruck at VFL level

Based on I can see CCJ being the best option by the start of next season.

I'm guessing Richmond continue with two ruckman.

Ccj is three years younger which is significant for a ruckman sized player.

Richmond won the vfl flag and he was very influential mid and forward. During the season and grand final.

I can't see Richmond wanting to lose him unless the offer is excellent. Itd be a big hit to the KPP stocks of the list

Based on I can see CCJ being the best option by the start of next season.

I'm guessing Richmond continue with two ruckman.

Ccj is three years younger which is significant for a ruckman sized player.

Richmond won the vfl flag and he was very influential mid and forward. During the season and grand final.

I can't see Richmond wanting to lose him unless the offer is excellent. Itd be a big hit to the KPP stocks of the list
I can see Richmond holding him but you are overrating his exposed form.

He was decent for Richmond in the VFL but no better. He is clearly behind two other ruckmen currently and neither of them are old. He might progress ahead of them but on what we have seen so far i would not be banking on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can see Richmond holding him but you are overrating his exposed form.

He was decent for Richmond in the VFL but no better. He is clearly behind two other ruckmen currently and neither of them are old. He might progress ahead of them but on what we have seen so far i would not be banking on it.

I have no studied the ccj stats or coaches reports but from the little i saw I thought he was very good. Or at least, very promising for a 200cm, 19/20 years old fwd. Ruck. Last season. (Last vfl season. Obviously prior to Corona).

I have not paid much attention to the scratch matches this year but they are a bit of a joke. 16 a side. Players on other teams etc.

I didn't think bellchambers killed him either. Bossed him at a few ball ups but it's not easy when your 20kg or whatever less in the afl role

I have no studied the ccj stats or coaches reports but from the little i saw I thought he was very good. Or at least, very promising for a 200cm, 19/20 years old fwd. Ruck. Last season. (Last vfl season. Obviously prior to Corona)

I didn't think bellchambers killed him either. Bossed him at a few ball ups but it's not easy when your 20kg or whatever less in the afl role
Yeah promising for sure but it is hard to know how they progress, he is currently pretty well developed over 200cm and 100kg. Was no where near 20kg down on Bellchambers at the time.

He is a young kid who may or not make it and the Tigers may hold him (wouldn't blame them at all). If they choose to and he gets limited game time next year and chooses to leave he will have next to no value though. I am sure the recruiters are weighing this all up.

Yeah promising for sure but it is hard to know how they progress, he is currently pretty well developed over 200cm and 100kg. Was no where near 20kg down on Bellchambers at the time.

He is a young kid who may or not make it and the Tigers may hold him (wouldn't blame them at all). If they choose to and he gets limited game time next year and chooses to leave he will have next to no value though. I am sure the recruiters are weighing this all up.

Fwiw I think they will try have ccj as the jack Riewoldt replacement long term.

I change my mind if I think he's best fwd or ruck, has shown a bit in both roles.

I don't think he moves as well as hipwood or the Kings, but he can clunk them and the kicking looks ok.

Two 200cm key forwards (Lynch) seems how the future is trending too.

The club thought he was worth drafting ahead of Balta so they must at least, used to have rate ccj quite highly...

If I were a crows fans (shudder*) id be very happy with him as a piece to rebuild around.

This thread reads a lot like the Sam Draper thread from last year:

• "Will be our #1 ruck"
  • "Is worth a first rounder"
  • "Hasn't played and isn't worth a second rounder"

No idea how it it'll play out or value but I do hope it finishes like the Draper potential trade did

Last edited:
The Crows will take Thilthorpe, so don't have a role for CCJ - plus Himmelburg has been very good recently.

CCJ was a reach by Richmond in his draft year, so they obviously rate him higher than others. He's better off staying.

The Crows will take Thilthorpe, so don't have a role for CCJ - plus Himmelburg has been very good recently.

CCJ was a reach by Richmond in his draft year, so they obviously rate him higher than others. He's better off staying.
Firstly we don't know if ccj wants to even leave and secondly being realistic we aren't getting a top 25/30 pick for him as he hasn't proved himself or anything because not playing senior footy. What did the pies Cameron bloke ruck get traded in for from the swans?

Last edited:
Firstly we don't know if ccj wants to even leave and secondly being realistic we aren't getting a top 25/30 pick for him as he hasn't proved himself or anything because not playing senior footy. What did the pies Cameron bloke ruck get traded in for from the swans?
Pick 56 for Cameron and pick 62.

This thread reads a lot like the Sam Draper thread from last year:

• "Will be our #1 ruck"
  • "Is worth a first rounder"
  • "Hasn't played and isn't worth a second rounder"

No idea how it it'll play out or value but I do hope it finishes like the Draper potential trade did
CJ is injured at the moment with a foot stress fracture (minor) so no chance of us seeing him this year and getting a bit of an idea of his worth.
You know though internally he’s rated very highly which is why I reckon he’ll stay. Nank and Soldo are solid performers but this kid is potentially the next level.
I can see a scenario of one of Nank or Soldo being traded and CJ staying and getting his opportunity

There seems to be this idea that Nank is somehow on the outer. He just turned 26, he is about to come into his prime years as a ruckman. The only thing keeping him out of the side is and has been injury, that's it. When fit he is easily our best in the position. Not so much in the hitouts, but around the stoppages and around the ground his influence is huge for us. If he's fit, I'm playing him every game as the number 1 ruck, with someone like Chol/CCJ as the 2nd ruck/KPF. Soldo is then the one that plays reserves until injury strikes.

CCJ is competing with the KPF, number 1 rucks, and the 2nd ruck/KPF position. He's just been one injury away from opportunity given his age, but in 2021 he could absolutely break in either as overtaking those guys or as inevitably an opportunity arises.

Richmond don't want to lose him, the only question is whether CCJ is happy to wait until 2021/2022 for that opportunity, and take the battle on his hands to get a spot, or if he is desperate to start establishing himself and desperately wants guaranteed gametime next year. I'm not sure where his mind is that there.

I think with Nankervis it's more about whether they guarantee him the no1 ruck spot..if they do he will stay if they don't he might look at a club (Geelong and gws would be the obvious ones) where he can be a better shot at playing no1 ruck.

I think with Nankervis it's more about whether they guarantee him the no1 ruck spot..if they do he will stay if they don't he might look at a club (Geelong and gws would be the obvious ones) where he can be a better shot at playing no1 ruck.
I dont know, came across, instrumental in the 2017 breakthrough flag, solid in the 2019 one, and just injury hasn't been kind to him over the last 18 months.

I dont think he'd leave in those circumstances because when he's fit he is in the side, it's usually either he and Soldo, or Nankervis on his own, very very rarely is Nank in the VFL, possibly once or twice when coming back from injury.

I dont think he needs a guarantee, its more about getting his body right.

The search for opportunity guy might be the guy in this thread, CCJ. And even then I think hed be targeted by the Crows as the Tex Walker replacement at FF, who then supports O'Brien in the ruck.

I dont know, came across, instrumental in the 2017 breakthrough flag, solid in the 2019 one, and just injury hasn't been kind to him over the last 18 months.

I dont think he'd leave in those circumstances because when he's fit he is in the side, it's usually either he and Soldo, or Nankervis on his own, very very rarely is Nank in the VFL, possibly once or twice when coming back from injury.

I dont think he needs a guarantee, its more about getting his body right.

The search for opportunity guy might be the guy in this thread, CCJ. And even then I think hed be targeted by the Crows as the Tex Walker replacement at FF, who then supports O'Brien in the ruck.

CCJ might be tempted more by a move than Nank I agree because he will be getting nervous about more years with no games.

I do think however that if he has a long term future at Richmond that one of Soldo or Nankervis isnt getting picked (I can't see you playing all 3 plus Lynch it would be too detrimental to your pressure game) and whichever one isn't getting picked will look for a trade if they feel they can get more gametime elsewhere.

CCJ might be tempted more by a move than Nank I agree because he will be getting nervous about more years with no games.

I do think however that if he has a long term future at Richmond that one of Soldo or Nankervis isnt getting picked (I can't see you playing all 3 plus Lynch it would be too detrimental to your pressure game) and whichever one isn't getting picked will look for a trade if they feel they can get more gametime elsewhere.
Agree.
Nankervis, Soldo, Chol, Coleman-Jones. Only 2 of those will fit in the one side, that leaves 2 guys on the outer in the VFL, and while you always need depth, they won't hang around forever when offers come. Often you lose a sought after ruckman then pick one up the year later as a mature age, rucks are very movable commodities, they always find homes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back