Autopsy The Luke Beveridges coaching idiocy throws away the game thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Does it not worry you that we couldn’t creat an environment that players didn’t go stale or lose focus in

An environment that players Don’t have to retire due to mental health? Legitimately has any other player retired doe to that and that alone at 23?

An environment where a premiership player would rather go home to a sh!t team than stay with a flag team?

An environment where premiership players aren’t shuffled to the twos and made redundant while lesser players take their spots in an ordinary team?

None of that is by design but imo they are all controllables other clubs don’t allow to happen
Boyd was depressed well before we poached him. He has even stressed that he doesn't blame the club.

If Hamling chose the club over his sick father, he'd be a terrible person. I don't know what kind of person wouldn't have made the choice he did.

I’ll give you the first four mentioned, but please explain what forced us to give away the others for nothing?
Roughead I'll agree with, but Dahl leaving more than paid for the West bid, allowing us to retain a pick in the second round and draft Vandermeer. So basically we lost Dahl and got Vandermeer.

On form the last couple of years, I would do the same again 10/10 times

Roughead I'll agree with, but Dahl leaving more than paid for the West bid, allowing us to retain a pick in the second round and draft Vandermeer. So basically we lost Dahl and got Vandermeer.

On form the last couple of years, I would do the same again 10/10 times

Pretty sure we would have got Van der meer later than 26.

If we still had Stringer, Roughead and Dahl- we would be a much much better side in 2020.

If we still had Stringer, Roughead and Dahl- we would be a much much better side in 2020.

Yep all walk into this team easy. But at least we have all good boys who can enjoy spending more time with their families because they aren’t good enough to make finals.

Assuming that between 2018-2019 Stringer & Dahlhaus would have wanted to improve their output playing with the Bulldogs.

Not sure what you're saying? The Dahl pick paid for West, letting us keep the Vandermeer pick (which would've gone to West and made us miss out).

Zero chance Stringer could stay, so no use looking back at that one.

Dahl has been terrible since 2016, why would we be regretting that one? Has been bog average for the Cats

Why do we have to be one or the other? Can’t we be unhappy with some decisions the club makes but still be confident and upbeat with where we are at, while not demanding drastic changes like giving the coach the arse?

The issue is that yourself and plenty of others give no thought to the fact that all clubs that aren’t winning the premiership are doing a lot wrong. All clubs have selection headaches, they have players that aren’t performing, they have players in the 22 that possibly shouldn’t be there and players playing 2’s that need to pull their finger out and they have results that are influenced by errors in both player and coach performance.

We’ve got a good young list, a premiership coach who’s also won the coaches association coach of the year award, twice (something a few armchair coaching experts in here forget), an age demographic that suggests we’re a few years off being a genuine year on year threat and even then, we’re still there abouts.

If we’re in this situation, floating outside the 8, end of 2021/22 I’d be a little more worried. We’ve got a lot to be happy about currently imo

A question for you Dogs13 and anyone else who’s keen to answer it...

Say we sack Bevo next week. What happens then? Who comes in as head coach? What happens to the list that’s currently playing under Bev? How many years will it take for the new coach to get us around the mark?
What changes do we 100% know will be made by the new coach moving fwd that can guarantee improved on and off field performance?

I’m genuinely interested in what the sack Bevo types think happens from here if we we pull the pin.
Bring back Macca for a real melt!!!

Not sure what you're saying? The Dahl pick paid for West, letting us keep the Vandermeer pick (which would've gone to West and made us miss out).

Dahl has been terrible since 2016, why would we be regretting that one? Has been bog average for the Cats

Was actually replying to the use of youth as an excuse for the fact that we don’t seem to be improving. My point is that we have done it by choice. Hopefully this ditching of players in their prime for little return policy will not continue.

Not sure what the excuse is for the ruck situation, but will let others defend the MC on that one.

He did finish 6th in their B&F last year ahead of Ablett, Duncan, Selwood and they finished on top at the end of H&A season, so hardly bog average.

He's missed quite a few this year through injury, so I can't really judge him.

I wasn't overly disappointed to see him go, in the end the relationship had just soured. I don't miss those falling away dinky 30m up in the air kicks and lack of goals.

He did help provide us with the ultimate prize so I'll always have a soft spot for him.

He did finish 6th in their B&F last year ahead of Ablett, Duncan, Selwood and they finished on top at the end of H&A season, so hardly bog average.

He's missed quite a few this year through injury, so I can't really judge him.

I wasn't overly disappointed to see him go, in the end the relationship had just soured. I don't miss those falling away dinky 30m up in the air kicks and lack of goals.

He did help provide us with the ultimate prize so I'll always have a soft spot for him.
Oh absolutely. I used to consider him one of my favourite players even in his early days. But at the Cats, he offers next to nothing up forward, and doesn't fill a role that we really have a need for. When playing as a pressure forward, he applies little pressure these days. I'll remember him fondly for his pre-2017 days, but definitely won't be looking back.
Hamling is the one I seriously miss, but that was unavoidable. Family comes before footy so I don't blame him at all for leaving

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Man, the talent he is wasting is beyond belief.... Could have been anything!!

Watch video from 1m30secs:

Jakey may be a lot of things, ******* talented is definitely one of them.

His goal in q4 of the grand final with game on the line - insane.

I hate the Bombers, but i just cannot hate Jakey - without him there was no 2016...

Ps. If you’ve never watched the whole video - i cannot recommend more highly. Tears to eyes :)

I hate the Bombers, but i just cannot hate Jakey - without him there was no 2016...

Ps. If you’ve never watched the whole video - i cannot recommend more highly. Tears to eyes :)
I think something got in my eye .. damn it!

There's no doubting the talent but he didn't do an awful lot in the GF. There were probably 12-15 ahead of him in terms of contributions that day. I think a more balanced statement is to say without any given one of the 22 there'd be no flag.

They're all Bullgods though. When people have forgotten M. Wallis of the broken leg, when R. Murphy of the buggered knee is a vaguely remembered name only because he played 300 games and captained the side, they'll still be looking at the team photo and the names of those who were in that 2016 premiership side.

It will still be there: J. Stringer.

There's no doubting the talent but he didn't do an awful lot in the GF. There were probably 12-15 ahead of him in terms of contributions that day. I think a more balanced statement is to say without any given one of the 22 there'd be no flag.

They're all Bullgods though. When people have forgotten M. Wallis of the broken leg, when R. Murphy of the buggered knee is a vaguely remembered name only because he played 300 games and captained the side, they'll still be looking at the team photo and the names of those who were in that 2016 premiership side.

It will still be there: J. Stringer.

Oh no doubt, his GF was pretty quiet - but that goal was huge at that moment - and the talent to kick it in that manner was immense.

His best final was that SF win over the Hawks.

It seemed with Jake that his value wasn’t just the x-factor and the goals out of nothing - but that each goal had something uplifting about it.

An intangible I know, but his contribution to Bulldogs momentum during games was significant...

This pretty much sums up my feelings exactly at the moment. I resisted posting in this thread straight after the game because at the time I would have been calling for Bevo to be sacked. I have at least calmed down a little since Friday evening, but I was in a pretty foul mood most of the weekend as usual after the Dogs get beaten on Friday.

But I think this is the issue that irks me the most with our team at the moment. I see no point in selecting English to play at the moment if he isn’t capable of playing in the ruck for a majority of the game and at least breaking even. His around the ground game has completely disappeared. All I see is weak effort after weak effort from a young player who looks tired and doesn’t want to be out there. If he is carrying an injury, then give him a spell, because he isn’t helping the team or himself by playing. If he isn’t injured then he is massively out of form and should be dropped for Trengove who would at least give a competitive showing. Next week we play West Coast and Nic Nat. If we think we can play Dunkley and Macrae against him we will get slaughtered. English will get slaughtered also, and in fact Trengove would too, so I hold no hope at all for that game. Effective centre clearances are like gold in the current game and we gift the advantage to the other team every week and hope like hell that Libba and Macrae can reverse that advantage once the ball hits the ground. But that’s it, we hope, we have no other option. Occasionally they do okay and we get it forward and if the ball doesn’t go to Bruce, we are half a chance to score, but otherwise we are always on the back foot. Around the ground it’s worse because we get out strengthened at every stoppage, rag dolled constantly and again we gift first use to the opposition.

Bevo’s strategy with the ruck has ruined this club for many years now and I see no end in sight. We will have pissed away too many of our great midfielders prime years before someone eventually realised that and we will be back at the drawing board down the bottom and hoping we can get our hands on some good midfielders when the likes of Bont and Macrae are finished.

If this doesn’t change soon then I do think a change of coach is necessary in order to prevent this happening. But I would prefer that Bevo comes to his senses and stops this stupidity which continually gives the single biggest advantage to the other team and takes away our ability to make use of our greatest strength.
Such a good post. Sums up my feelings perfectly

Doggies should be watching this before they get out on the field on Sunday

* me, even got me pumped to do some work today

Oh no doubt, his GF was pretty quiet - but that goal was huge at that moment - and the talent to kick it in that manner was immense.

His best final was that SF win over the Hawks.

It seemed with Jake that his value wasn’t just the x-factor and the goals out of nothing - but that each goal had something uplifting about it.

An intangible I know, but his contribution to Bulldogs momentum during games was significant...
It came from third man up Bont hitting it down to Jacko who handballed in hope, nearly missed Jake, but he had the composure to grab it and put it on his boot straight away. A cameo worthy of one of the key "moments" of the grand final. Great memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back