Votes: 59 25.9%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Jack Ross

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I think Lynch and Prestia are essential.
Aarts' running and dedication are impressive, like Dunstall said.
No team can remain the same, like when Pickett was selected, or Graham in 2017.

Apparently the cats have found a trump card (against the Tiges) by playing Danger forward and taking Grimes out of the game. How does every conversation lead to us? Danger played forward against a bottom 4 team and kicked a couple of goals in the last. All of a sudden, they've unlocked how to beat us. Ridiculous.

Apparently the cats have found a trump card (against the Tiges) by playing Danger forward and taking Grimes out of the game. How does every conversation lead to us? Danger played forward against a bottom 4 team and kicked a couple of goals in the last. All of a sudden, they've unlocked how to beat us. Ridiculous.

Yeah the joker in pack lol his going in there cause of cats lack of avenue to goals and has been poor in the midfield .Maybe Edwards evens that out or the return of Dave.

Yeah, pretty sure Danger went forward against us recently as well which didn’t seem to hurt us , but no, the Cats have cleverly hidden their trump card, who would have thunk it!

Happy to see Danger forward. Taking a player like him out of the midfield would give us a real advantage in clearances. Love him or hate him, he’s an explosive mid

Taking Grimes out by taking Dangerfield out. Am I missing something. Just don't tell them Astbury is back either.

They must have just started watching AFL a week ago.

Danger has been getting sent forward for years, it`s not some new magical unknown tactic.

Yeah no kidding .. this crazy talk of Bolton not a walk up start is BLASPHEMY!

Funny how fast the worm turns.

Danger versus Grimes = No Danger

All good

So Scott has shown his hand ........

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same gimp that said ellis is closer to a flag at gold coast

This is where I feel it's at:

FB: VLASTIUN ASTBURY GRIMES
HB: SHORT BALTA HOULI

C: EDWARDS MARTIN PICKETT

HF: LAMBERT RIEWOLDT CASTAGNA
FF: RIOLI LYNCH ARTS

Foll: NANKERVIS COTCHIN BOLTON

Bench: PRESTIA, GRAHAM, MCINTOSH, BAKER

I cannot for the life of me work out who misses if we go with CHOL as second ruck............. I'm thinking one of Pickett/McIntosh. Both would be stiff.

This is where I feel it's at:

FB: VLASTIUN ASTBURY GRIMES
HB: SHORT BALTA HOULI

C: EDWARDS MARTIN PICKETT

HF: LAMBERT RIEWOLDT CASTAGNA
FF: RIOLI LYNCH ARTS

Foll: NANKERVIS COTCHIN BOLTON

Bench: PRESTIA, GRAHAM, MCINTOSH, BAKER

I cannot for the life of me work out who misses if we go with CHOL as second ruck............. I'm thinking one of Pickett/McIntosh. Both would be stiff.
I see it differently if Chol plays (and I think he will). Aarts, despite his good efforts, is the most replaceable as a small forward when you have the old firm of Edwards, Bolton, Lambert, Rioli and Castagna all available. Personally i’d have Aarts before Castagna on current form, but we all know George is highly valued by the selectors despite his flaws.
Markov has made way for the established defenders despite impressing, so I reckon Aarts could suffer a similar fate, which would be heartbreaking for him.

Kath Loughlan smashing
Kath Loughnan looking the goods tonight.
Shes in the votes
kath loughlin in the salmon body suit

jesus rose

119769086_760790931366578_4990876336017326348_n.jpg

I see it differently if Chol plays (and I think he will). Aarts, despite his good efforts, is the most replaceable as a small forward when you have the old firm of Edwards, Bolton, Lambert, Rioli and Castagna all available. Personally i’d have Aarts before Castagna on current form, but we all know George is highly valued by the selectors despite his flaws.
Markov has made way for the established defenders despite impressing, so I reckon Aarts could suffer a similar fate, which would be heartbreaking for him.
No way Chol plays after Saturday’s game imo. He needs to become close to a one grab player and able to crash packs. He got outpositioned and got intercept marks taken on him too many times for my liking. If he toughened up and improved his marking, he’d be awesome and an automatic selection imo.
Nah, I’d go just with Nankervis with Dave Astbury or Balta to provide relief if required.
As for Aarts, he’s shocked me how well he’s fitted in, and with his hard two way running and tackling, no way he is left out, unless he’s injured.

No way Chol plays after Saturday’s game imo. He needs to become close to a one grab player and able to crash packs. He got outpositioned and got intercept marks taken on him too many times for my liking. If he toughened up and improved his marking, he’d be awesome and an automatic selection imo.
Nah, I’d go just with Nankervis with Dave Astbury or Balta to provide relief if required.
As for Aarts, he’s shocked me how well he’s fitted in, and with his hard two way running and tackling, no way he is left out, unless he’s injured.
Not sure we would want Balta playing predominantly in the ruck if Nank went down early in a final. Chol in the more familiar role of 2nd ruck/3rd Forward can be valuable and not just as ruck insurance. But yeah, he needs to be more aggressive no doubt. Aarts has been great, and he will make it difficult for the selectors to drop him when he’s not the worst of the small forwards right now. Would Lambert or Castagna be dropped in his favour though?

Port have Dixon, Marshall as KPFs. Ladhams & Lycett as rucks. All 200cm or so. For this opponent I don't know if I want Balta pulled out of the backline to ruck. Chol was Chol. Below average but this is not the week to drop a 200cm player. Vs Cats sure

I don’t disagree with you I think Arts could miss for sure. I guess it will all depend on match up and team balance. Regardless, someone is going to be pretty stiff

Back