Votes: 59 25.9%
  • Daniel Rioli

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Jack Ross

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The elite teams introduce one or two new players each year.
I would retain Aarts and Balta.
Lynch and Prestia would return.
Chol and Ross out.
They have to consider whether or not Bolton returns, that is the key issue.
If Prestia has a complication, then Bolton returns regardless.
I know it would be a difficult decision to make.
End of the day, Edwards plays that type of Bolton role through the centre.
There’s just no way Bolton misses if fit

Hi everyone it’s great to be back after a stressful four months of cleaning up all the criminal activity that was going on our family farm. I won’t delve into that any further as my close friends on here know the going’s on.

I finally got TV connected on the Eagles game and unfortunately halfway through the second quarter we had a power blackout due to an almighty Benny Gale. The old farmhouse Uncle George built didn’t move a mm.
Back onto the footy though it’s been refreshing that we haven’t gone backwards at all this year and I can confidently say with the rise of Bolton Balta Aarts Soldo😕 and the potential in Ross and others who’ve come in to play roles whilst our stars have been sidelined our future is brighter than ever.
I can’t see any team getting near us as watching all our competitors playing it’s like watching footy back in the 70’s and that being they’re in slow motion in comparison to us.
The return of Edwards was a positive one and he looked like he hadn’t missed a beat. Graham has been outstanding this year with his endurance and physical work on and off the ball. Bolton say no more except he could be bigger than Maurice Rioli with his elite footwork and hands. Just growing in stature and poise by each game.
Great to have Astbury back as well as Grimes can now have the taller support around him whilst he continues to play either on talls or shorter opponents , so this frees him up. Lynch also to come back makes us look more menacing and how commentators continually talk up Brisbane as a threat is beyond me.
Port is the unknown quantity, but I still think they’re two rungs below us and the Eagles now fifth makes our task easier. Geelong were supposed to be better against us with Pawkins😂, but we annihilated them and had we kicked straighter they would have been further embarrassed.
Great to be back folks although I have still plenty of work here bringing back our farm to its former glory.
Happy times at Tigerland as we grow by constantly bringing in and developing youth into our team whilst Geelong and Hawthorn continue to bring in tried and tired players hoping to improve.

welcome back

No way Bolton gets dropped. He went out to freshen up. So quick and evasive, can boot the ball a mile and kicks goals. You play your best players! Period! And he is in our top 10. Going by history I think dimma turns to experience when finals come along. So unfortunately arts and Ross will be on the chopping block, and if caddy isn’t 100% then he won’t play either.

Hi everyone it’s great to be back after a stressful four months of cleaning up all the criminal activity that was going on our family farm. I won’t delve into that any further as my close friends on here know the going’s on.

I finally got TV connected on the Eagles game and unfortunately halfway through the second quarter we had a power blackout due to an almighty Benny Gale. The old farmhouse Uncle George built didn’t move a mm.
Back onto the footy though it’s been refreshing that we haven’t gone backwards at all this year and I can confidently say with the rise of Bolton Balta Aarts Soldo😕 and the potential in Ross and others who’ve come in to play roles whilst our stars have been sidelined our future is brighter than ever.
I can’t see any team getting near us as watching all our competitors playing it’s like watching footy back in the 70’s and that being they’re in slow motion in comparison to us.
The return of Edwards was a positive one and he looked like he hadn’t missed a beat. Graham has been outstanding this year with his endurance and physical work on and off the ball. Bolton say no more except he could be bigger than Maurice Rioli with his elite footwork and hands. Just growing in stature and poise by each game.
Great to have Astbury back as well as Grimes can now have the taller support around him whilst he continues to play either on talls or shorter opponents , so this frees him up. Lynch also to come back makes us look more menacing and how commentators continually talk up Brisbane as a threat is beyond me.
Port is the unknown quantity, but I still think they’re two rungs below us and the Eagles now fifth makes our task easier. Geelong were supposed to be better against us with Pawkins😂, but we annihilated them and had we kicked straighter they would have been further embarrassed.
Great to be back folks although I have still plenty of work here bringing back our farm to its former glory.
Happy times at Tigerland as we grow by constantly bringing in and developing youth into our team whilst Geelong and Hawthorn continue to bring in tried and tired players hoping to improve.
Welcome back

Jack Higgins has suffered a calf injury that will impact his chances of fighting back into the Richmond side as the AFL ticked off mixed scratch matches in the upcoming bye and finals series.
Richmond played Brisbane on Sunday in a practice match in which a handful of Melbourne players including Marty Hore topped up the Tigers side, but Higgins left the ground with a calf issue.

Higgins was among a group of Tigers including Nathan Broad who were trying to push their case for a spot in a Richmond side that is set to go deep into the finals.

With Shai Bolton (corked leg) and Tom Lynch (hamstring) set to return in the first final, the Tigers will need to find two spots in their side to select them.

The decision by the AFL will give stars including Gary Ablett and Stef Martin more match practice if they want next week as part of the AFL’s new-found flexibility.

Clubs competing in finals will be able to play at closer to 18 per side in the warm-up games after unsatisfying 11-versus-11 hitouts earlier in the year, which did not resemble AFL conditions.

Teams including Richmond have benefited in recent seasons from having a VFL side also playing finals.

At least two Tigers players will be unlucky to lose their spots for the qualifying final, but goalkicking star Jack Riewoldt said he was thrilled with the form of depth players like Jack Ross and Jack Graham.

“It’s good we can organise these games. They can go out and get the runs on the board. There was a point in the season where we were playing 11 on 11 AFLX-style games and it doesn’t simulate the way the game is played,” he told 3AW.

“(The selection pressure) is good to have. I am glad I am not the one sitting in the coaches box making those decisions. Jack Graham adds a different dynamic to our midfield, he’s a gut-running pressure player and he’s putting his stamp on the game.

“Jack Ross is a really interesting one, it could be a bit daunting coming to a new club with a lot of good mids trying to identify where you sport is but in the last fortnight he has found a role that suits him and a sense of belonging.”

I think if the INs are:
Bolton, Prestia, Lynch

Then the OUTs will be:
Caddy, Chol, Ross (unfortunately)

I still think someone like Rioli isn't fulfilling his job, and a resting mid could probably do a similar job. I feel like Lambert will play more in the forward line, and I feel as though Ross > Rioli.

Last edited:
The elite teams introduce one or two new players each year.
I would retain Aarts and Balta.
Lynch and Prestia would return.
Chol and Ross out.
They have to consider whether or not Bolton returns, that is the key issue.
If Prestia has a complication, then Bolton returns regardless.
I know it would be a difficult decision to make.
End of the day, Edwards plays that type of Bolton role through the centre.
Umm nah.. Bolton is playing.. 100% ...

Nice to see you back, TI.

Those wanting to drop Rioli must not remember his form line. He only turns up if his spot is on the line or in Finals

i think he has been important across HF lately as a link up guy, but I get the frustrations with him stopping/slowing play when he takes a Mark, when forced to play on and fast he plays way better. But his pressure is back to its highest standard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's a difficult decision.
But Edwards and Bolton play similar roles.
I wrote about it earlier.
They are not easy decisions for our match committee to assess.
If there is an injury, Bolton returns.
The elite champion teams introduce one or two new players each year.
Like Dimma says, growth mindset.
To have a player like Aarts, who has risen from obscurity, join our final 22 would be great to see and is the epitome of sport.

just no. And it’s not even a question the match committee will consider one or the other.

first off Bolton can play (and is our most dangerous) small forward.

Edwards can also play forward/back/centre anywhere really. They compliment each other perfectly because they play in a similar manner.

Castagna/Aarts/Rioli are the guys who should be worried about their spot tor Bolton who has earned his best 22 spot with a fantastic year.

Wait until November and you get best 22 teams for five months.

Speaking of...

B Grimes Balta Baker
HB Houli Balta Vlastuin
C Bolton Perryman McIntosh
HF Rioli Lynch Lambert
F “RD 1 pick” Reiwoldt Rioli Jnr
Foll Nank Martin RCD/Ross
Bench Edwards, Cotchin, Short, Graham

actually that was bloody hard. And I’ve probably missed guys

Welcome back Tigerimposter good to have you back posting

Speaking of...

B Grimes Balta Baker
HB Houli Balta Vlastuin
C Bolton Perryman McIntosh
HF Rioli Lynch Lambert
F “RD 1 pick” Reiwoldt Rioli Jnr
Foll Nank Martin RCD/Ross
Bench Edwards, Cotchin, Short, Graham

actually that was bloody hard. And I’ve probably missed guys
Balta must be going well if he is playing fullback and CHB.o_O

Pleased that Bolton was in great form.
End of the day though, he was playing the Edwards role in his absence.
Bolton was slotted in the Edwards role from round five onwards, the Melbourne game on July 5. The Prestia injury game.
I would only make two changes.
Lynch-Chol and Prestia-Ross.
Each to their own.
Our match committee will be looking at the various scenarios.
It's not an easy task for sure.
Bolton is so much better than Rioli, Castagna and Aarts as a small forward, much less one that can go through the midfield without losing any quality.
Bolton as our 5th best mid after the season he has had is ridiculous. (Martin, Cotchin, Prestia, Edwards)

B: Grimes Astbury Balta
HB: Houli Vlastuin Short
C: Pickett Cotchin McIntosh
HF: Graham Reiwoldt Lambert
F: Rioli Lynch Aarts

Foll: Nank, Martin, Edwards
Bench: Baker, Bolton, Prestia, Ross

Stiff: Castagna, Caddy

Smokey: Miller in for Ross (stiff) to play 2nd ruck forward relief if he has a good match in the scratch match there this weekend. Reckon Chol just didn't do enough)

Reckon that side above or near to it, is the best side we have put on the park for decades.

Welcome back TI. Good summary of the current situation.

Hope all goes well for you. That sounds pretty crap to deal with.

Reckon we've got the deepest list in the AFL right now. Guys that deserve to play AFL finals and would do well can't be fitted in.

Back