Autopsy Round 18: Collingwood 45-61 Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Because our coaches are stubborn and aren’t v good strategists.
Funny isn’t it... so many fans can see glaring problems, but our professional coaching staff can’t.

We don't have any good Coaches at the Moment

To be fair, in terms of the cycle of modern AFL teams, we've done pretty well: 2 flags, 4 GF losses. We have the fourth most wins for the last decade.
We are one of the powerhouses - albeit an underachieving one - so we have a system that keeps us up the top.

All of our rebuilds have been smart, relatively quick and resulted in us playing in a grand final or two. We've also had the guts to just say "fu** it, rebuild" and sacrifice 2-3 seasons in the bottom 6.

The only issue now is Bucks knows if we have to rebuild, he's lost the job. That might delay and complicate matters. We'll have a better picture by round 7 next year.
Yeah 2 flags and a crap load of underachieving since 1958. Sounds good to me.

What a bunch of bedwetting sooks.
If you softcocks can't find anything positive out of tonight's effort then go and follow a team like Essendon.
Most of you would be the same supporters that would've been cranking one out over Buckley in the last 2 years. Throw your guernseys in the bin, you don't deserve to wear them.

Thanks for calling them guernsey's mate....

My wife who has no prior football knowledge watches games with me. Her comment tonight which I also agree with is

“why do they always have guys free marking the ball easily?”

Which I think sums up how things have been with Collingwood all year. Can somebody explain to me why whenever (almost every time) our guys kick long or desperately to get out of jail it’s ALWAYS an opposition player that just pops up and marks it like a free lunch.

this happens ******* constantly. Also the umpires despite not being responsible for the loss tonight absolutely sucked off PA as hard as they could.
rhere were more than a few instances of free kicks due to us tackling PA players that were left absolutely begging.
meanwhile PA players are “touched” and oops he fell and it’s a free kick.

Our game would do better without “personality” umpires. The fact there is a dude nicknamed “Razor Ray” and he’s not a player is disgusting. If the game has unique names for Umpires then the game has a problem.

Umpires should be seen and barely heard. They should be there to enforce rules in only the most OBVIOUS situations. Otherwise just let the game get on yeah.

then Sanderson finishes them off

Probably tell each other dad jokes.. and analyze the game by studying modeling from New England and Melbourne University.. ffs.. get someone that can coach and is a bit of a loose cannon.. wild adventurous streak.. allow the lads to play and enjoy it.

We are one of the most polarised teams I have ever seen. Some genuine quality lining up with some genuine non-AFL standard trash.

All teams carry a few to some extent, but take for example the famous case of the 'bottom 6' at St Kilda during 2009-2010 that possibly cost them two flags. Mediocre players, but role players who tried hard. You compare them to our current bottom 6 and it's depressing.

On a serious note, does anyone here just scream “kick it! Kick it! Kick it!!” every time we have the ball forward of Center?

I lose my voice every single game. Just begging them to kick instead of handballing.

Usually I just watch it unfold, watch them fumble it, turn it over and see the other team run out of the square unopposed. And just think 'would've been better to just bomb it long and hope for the best'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And don't get me started on the softness of a couple.
Apart from the one whose in the spotlight, how does Hoskin Elliott get away with it for a whole season and offer no real offensive threat.

He's made an art form of squibbing, he even put one arm out and missed an easy chest mark that went out of bounce because it involved opening his body up for a split second.

I reckon Montgomery Burns has more ticker and verve.

Grundy.. why does he always for the most part allow the ball to drop to his chest in a ruck contest.. try and get to it at the highest point.. gets to his chest and he squats it to no one in particular.. habit confidence I dunno.. seems a lil fixated on smashing into his opponent rather than getting way up there.. frustrating to watch.. the 2nd qrt he cost us 2 goals.. with a 3rd shot that didn't register.

Usually I just watch it unfold, watch them fumble it, turn it over and see the other team run out of the square unopposed. And just think 'would've been better to just bomb it long and hope for the best'

I do that too. It’s actually so so sad that we are put through this on a weekly basis.

How can it be so obvious to us but Buckley is blind to this?

Get Puopolo for a year (and a kid in the draft). He's a natural crumber and he has the smarts! Should also have a look at Kade Simpson for a year. His experience and neat left foot would allow us to move Maynard into the mids.

I like the thinking but I was thinking bruest hawthorn looking to get picks maybe a late second round or early 3rd round pick would get done

Buckley presser ' we will take some learnings from the game '. FFS the bloke is a goose.
I’m not gonna lie. That presser was his worst for the year. Some of the comments were just putrid. We have the same issues every single week and never even remotely acknowledges them

Nobody seems to be commenting on why Elliott chose not to shoot at goal on a fast break. Is it the team rules to make an easy shot at goal look difficult than it needs to be, making it a good excuse to miss the goal.
First option is usually the best. And one we often don't take.
Elliott had every right to stride in and take a relatively easy shot. Greenwood buggered one up by second guessing as well. I know they don't want to appear selfish, but sometime you just have to get the job done.

In 2018 we used to isolate a dangerous fwd eg. Stepho or Degoey deep fwd and either hit them up on a lead or put it in space for them 1 v 1. Now it always seems to be a long bomb to no one or a chip to an opposition player. Very poor inside 50 entries again, to a congested forward line.

Tonight Cox looked dangerous, but we still couldn't take advantage of his height. Geelong destroyed them by getting the ball to Hawkins quickly one out and other fwds clearing space. Hoped we would do this same given they have an undersized backline.

Apart from the one whose in the spotlight, how does Hoskin Elliott get away with it for a whole season and offer no real offensive threat.

He's made an art form of squibbing, he even put one arm out and missed an easy chest mark that went out of bounce because it involved opening his body up for a split second.

I reckon Montgomery Burns has more ticker and verve.

I was crucified on here just last week for mentioning that he’s scared of his own shadow.

Apparently he’s an outside player, yea he’s out of his fknnn mind.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back