List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This trade period is going to be interesting if we get those types of offers for Brown, Polec & Higgins.

Personally, I think if we are only talking 2nd/3rd round offers, I think there is a high likelihood the only one of those three that we move on is Polec (If in fact the issues are true).

Just think it makes more sense to retain Higgins & sign brown on a 600x2 then go to the draft with a couple picks in what will be the mid 30s.

Only reason I can see them letting Brown go/not matching a contract he gets, for that kind of offer is if they believe he will hinder the development of our kids and cannot function in our forward line.

Regardless, those three players aren’t preventing us from finishing bottom 2-3 next year, so will be interesting to see what Brady does.
That would be ideal but I think the damage has been done, especially with Brown.

So there seems to be a narrative that North have lost all leverage in the Brown negotiations.

So my question to you all is how would you feel about the following scenario:

1: brown nominates X as his club of choice
2: they low ball us and refuse to deal at an appropriate level

Would you rather accept their low ball offer. Let’s say it’s pick 25 (as an example)

Or would you prefer to let Brown walk to the national draft where we get nothing

In this hypothetical I’ve assumed he won’t come back to north or go to the psd where we could just pick him up at 2.

I reckon he (and we) rather he stay. We wouldn't want the #25 and he wouldn't want the uncertainty of where he ends up

If you understand how the mainstream media is reporting on trump would make this instantly much clearer. Trump must be seen as this mad, egotistical, selfish dictator hence there is legitamicy for the opponent never mind he is doing things America hadn't done for 20 years. Same thing for us, Rawling + Shaw is finally doing what needed to be done but didn't do for 20 years.

The negative spin on north is to affirm the existing notions, it would be like slapping yourself in the face if one start to put a positive spin. Only when we win a flag will it force the narrative to change and even then it would be North pinches a flag but are they real premiers? You have to continue affirm ation of the existing narrative even if its false. Players like nankervis must have higher value because he is from a premiership team hence must be better than brown from a bottom 2 team, saying otherwise is going against the mainstream regardless of the truth.

The current narrative they want to run is that north is a dysfunctional club in self destruct mode where in fact we are doing surgical repairs to quickly fix decades old issues. Also we dares to do what's needed and not what's expected. AFL and other clubs expect us to be an ameuter club that is irrelevant and in dire financial health that will soon collapse. It's sort of like an outrage that we dare to try and get better. Of course, the intial reaction would be look of shock, ahahahh they are doing what alhahahah they are crazy (2020). Next stage would be suspicion, i.e. will north's effort results in something sure not (2021, 22). Next stage would be downplaying our achievement in that North got lucky as we get into the finals in 2023. Finally when north gets near or achieves success (2024 - 2026), it would be met with outrage and denial in that north must have cheated or done something, there must be an inquiry how dare they. Knifes out would be a very good movie that narrates these sentiment.
POTY!

I see this sh*t and I honestly wonder what I am missing.

How does that sound reasonable to a person with even a cursory understanding of the game.

This is why we need a former player in the media to call out this s**t.
That’s why keeping higgo till he retires then hits the media would be a good thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So there seems to be a narrative that North have lost all leverage in the Brown negotiations.

So my question to you all is how would you feel about the following scenario:

1: brown nominates X as his club of choice
2: they low ball us and refuse to deal at an appropriate level

Would you rather accept their low ball offer. Let’s say it’s pick 25 (as an example)

Or would you prefer to let Brown walk to the national draft where we get nothing

In this hypothetical I’ve assumed he won’t come back to north or go to the psd where we could just pick him up at 2.
Dude - if trade period began tomorrow pick 25 would not be a low ball offer - it's probably close to the offer we are likely to get.

However there is still a lot to play out.

We need to see Danihar and Cameron sort out where they are playing and then those other clubs looking for a key forward (hopefully there will be a few) will start to circle around BBB.

But to answer your question - yes I would rather pick 25 than nothing.

There is nothing wrong with Cunnington’s disposal skills. You simply have a moronic agenda to get rid of him.

Don't forget the even more moronic agenda of getting us relocated to the northern Territory!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back