List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The only possible explanation for Heath Shaw as a playing recruit would be to effectively increase our soft cap via the TPP.

Pay him in the TPP, take up a list spot, but he's essentially a development coach.

Either way that will be a terrible sell for Shaw to the playing group as they've just axed a player/mate to fit his brother into the TPP, it's also a terrible sell for the coaching group working under him. We axed far more experienced coaches like Rivers and then brought in the coaches brother with 0 coaching experience.

This would be a pretty big cross for Brady if he gives this the green light imo.

If Heath Shaw wants to come over, he can, but he should have to work up from the bottom as the runner/bits and pieces coach, exactly like Boomer has been required to do. If we can't afford him in the soft cap, well he can work part time if he likes....

I think recruiting Heath, letting him pull a $200k wage from the TPP and implanting him as a playing development coach would be the beginning of the end for Rhyce imo. It's going to totally disenchant the playing group and the supporter base.

People had serious issues with Jade Rawlings and Jade had been a coach for 13 years, a VFL senior coach at Coburg and was Richmonds caretaker coach for half a season following Terry Wallace's sacking. I can't imagine the reaction to Heath Shaw.....

If we wanted to go down the route of a coach within the TPP I imagine there would be a long list of suitable candidates, former captains etc that didn't include the coaches brother.

Last edited:
So is it a permanent decline or a one-off year where a slight drop off in form was compounded by the worst possible delivery and gameplan and a knee injury?

No idea. I'm not paid to make that call - I can certainly understand why we might move from Brown though. We have needed a more multi-faceted forward line for a while and while he has kicked a lot of goals in the last four years, we have been a very predictable team going forward.

Heath Shaw does not make sense...he is well past it. His so called "leadership" is overrated. Was only a few seasons ago that he hung out to dry for screaming at his younger inexperienced teammates.

If we wanted leadership in the back half we could've just kept, one of the two half backs we delisted that were in our leadership group...
Are you really saying JMac or Pittards output is equal to that of H.Shaw?

come one man, I know you’re trying to get a point across but let’s not revision the past here. Shaw would be an automatic upgrade on what we have. The question is clearly, is it the right direction and do we need the leadership with Tarrant and McDonald back there?

Is Kennedy out of contract? l thought l heard Chris Scott say Ablett was retiring after this season. l have read where Heath Shaw has said he not interested in a coach position at all but just wants to play. If so why would he change his mind if he is given a 1 year contract .l get the feeling , on field, he is good at directing players but off field he would struggle...l would like Kennedy of the ones mentioned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

G Lyon hinting at a ‘jaw dropping’ trade between two Melbourne clubs.

I know it’s all for content, but let’s pretend it involves us. Will be good for another 30 pages.

come one man, I know you’re trying to get a point across but let’s not revision the past here. Shaw would be an automatic upgrade on what we have. The question is clearly, is it the right direction and do we need the leadership with Tarrant and McDonald back there?

Either of them would provide better off-field leadership than Heath IMO.

I think this whole Heath Shaw thing is just a bigfooty beat up. I would be very surprised if the club is even considering it as it would be a backwards step when we are trying to rejuvenate our list

G Lyon hinting at a ‘jaw dropping’ trade between two Melbourne clubs.

I know it’s all for content, but let’s pretend it involves us. Will be good for another 30 pages.

Worst kept secret in footy.

We're trading The Huddle for Hawthorn's pokies venues.

I think this whole Heath Shaw thing is just a bigfooty beat up. I would be very surprised if the club is even considering it as it would be a backwards step when we are trying to rejuvenate our list
Complete agree on this, we’re adding two and two to make 5.

Either of them would provide better off-field leadership than Heath IMO.
It’s a bit of a question mark, IMO the only reason we go after Shaw is if we believe we can bounce up the ladder and compete the year after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back