Autopsy Positives and Negatives vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Called :clapping: it :clapping: campaigners

Dunno, i'll ask you look back to the round 17 Friday night game vs the pies last year.

View attachment 974579

Cox and Mihospud made Barrass and Fatboy look silly and completely schooled them with borderline illegal blocking off the ball.

Mihospud played the game of his life with 4 goals, from 19 disposals and 10 marks :shrug:

Spuddy Mason piped in with 3 goals from 13 disposals and 6 marks 🤦‍♂️

Ridiculous. Game still annoys me 15 months later.

Add another chapter to this miserable memory. This one featuring the umpires and some West Coast inaccuracy.

I honestly don't care if I seem like a whinging sook, or predictable or a bad sport (as they see me in the main afl thread), but those dodgy umpiring decisions in their f50 cost us the game. As well as the early ones. McGovern pinged for deliberate when they never pay those, leading to a quick Collingwood goal. As usual they get quick goals on the rebound. We could've been tighter and stuck out tackles, but thought we actually played decently. Most would be saying that if we won by 5 points. Pies took it up to us, credit to them, but not going to accept the result graciously. Really pissed off.

They never pay that deliberate because no one else is as obvious as that one and they dont make it so obvious.... unbelievable play from him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I honestly don't care if I seem like a whinging sook, or predictable or a bad sport (as they see me in the main afl thread), but those dodgy umpiring decisions in their f50 cost us the game. As well as the early ones. McGovern pinged for deliberate when they never pay those, leading to a quick Collingwood goal. As usual they get quick goals on the rebound. We could've been tighter and stuck out tackles, but thought we actually played decently. Most would be saying that if we won by 5 points. Pies took it up to us, credit to them, but not going to accept the result graciously. Really pissed off.

They never pay that deliberate because no one else is as obvious as that one and they dont make it so obvious.... unbelievable play from him

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can we have a refund for Tim Kelly? He’s not fit for purpose. We have enough mids who likes to eat grass every time the ball is on the ground!

GTFO, he was about on par for our mids tonight.

God do we miss Yeo in there.

+ this bullshit season is over.

Feeling ambivalent about it all at the moment.

Knew the writing was on the wall when the Pies first 4 goals came from entries gained from free kicks.

Particular highlight was the barracking commentators. Collingwood in the lead = Collingwood fighting it out. Us in the lead =Collingwood fighting it out. Scores level = Collingwood fighting it out.

Also loved the Gov deliberate, Richo reckons "oh don't mind that if they are consistent". Next minute Collingwood does it multiple times. Crowd goes nuts - commentators confused about why crowd is going nuts not 1 mention of the inconsistency. ******* spuds.

If we could improve our bottom 3 or 4 players we’d piss this competition. To often we have have players making up the numbers that offer nothing yet most of the time we either get the win or just miss out. It was actually surprising we only lost by 1 point given Shuey and Kelly having poor games on top of Petch, Ainsworth and Ah Chee.

May I post here? Umps did cost you. I whinge when they cost us, and it wasn't tonight. We play that game 10 times you win it 7 or 8 times.

Had to quote for truth: really only one bloke (both good players too) who had a mare, and it was basically one shocking quarter.

Kelly was fine, he actually created goals in the first half when you were stagnant until we put bodies on him (Greenwood plus whoever, it was Adams sometimes): that opened up the others for your second quarter run. We don't do that often so clearly Bucks respects the hell out of Kelly.

You have a top 2 defence (I think ours it a shade better but thats probably bias) , deeper rucks (and Nic Nat on one leg for a half is better than Gawn let alone Grundy), better midfield and better forwards than us. You missed top 4 because of a weird season.

Your team converted their opportunities and stuck in the game 👍 It is interesting what you say. Big result for Buckley and some vindication for his approach and planning. Will all of your supporters be happy with that though... 😛

Isn't he? One of those players that everyone appreciates no matter their allegiance.

just outstanding. The year before you took him I wanted us to take him...he may not have made it then as he wasn’t ready but the talent was obvious

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You’re entitled to your views and I’m not going to try to police melts tonight, but just know that if you genuinely think this everyone else will spend all year laughing at you.
We're all entitled our opinion. Ever our mid 2000s team didn't make it past six finals appearances in a row. We need a few good draft picks for once.

Was a great game entertainment wise , best finals entertainment ever over 4 games I reckon We were the better side except where it counted , accuracy in front of goals so not better enough . At least We Earned the goals We scored from great play . JK wasnt his old accurate self in the big game . Kelly was a disappointment . Gaff ,Nic Nat, Shep were awsome . Next year Medals for them .

The biggest positive for me is Naitanui. Coming of two knee recos at 30yo for a big man I thought there was every chance he was done. Yet has one of his best seasons and another AA. Tonight he was probably BOG. Take him out and we get absolutely dominated. Our mids bar him were atrocious, yet him almost single handedly made our midfield somewhat competitive.

Gives me hope that he can still go around another couple of years.

Positive is we lost by a point.
Liam is a star.

Negative - contested possession.
- sheed is a flat footed player. Unless he is on the move, he has acceleration of a sumo wrestler.
- hard to see where improvement will next year come from.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back