Draft Review 2016 - Revisiting the 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

He was brilliant last night. Kicked a few (lucky) but outstanding goals, and his midfield craft was excellent. Richmond have got a good one.

I'll go further. He wasn't even in the Tigers top half of best players. Sure, kicked a few nice goals, did some flashy stuff but he also went at 54% and had 3 clangers.

Lets not get caught up in the flashy stuff here. He was good but according to Chmpion data, was not in the Tigers top half of players last night (#12 for those of you playing at home).

Just came by to check if the consensus view of the pundits on this forum still don't think Shai Bolton would make the top 20 in the 2016 draft.?

Just checking for my own amusement lol

Still waiting for your reordered top 10.

He was brilliant last night. Kicked a few (lucky) but outstanding goals, and his midfield craft was excellent. Richmond have got a good one.

Agree, took a huge step last night, dominated and was the difference at key moments in a cut throat final.

Loved how at one point they opened up the whole forward 50 for him to do his thing.

Looks like the media have all climbed on board too, notably

Johno Brown
Dunstall
Mick Mcguane
Terry Wallet ect

must say I have been very impressed with Coffield and Hunter Clarke especially, will be great players both of them.

Just came by to check if the consensus view of the pundits on this forum still don't think Shai Bolton would make the top 20 in the 2016 draft.?

The funniest thing about you bumping this thread after last nights game is that the last two weeks have been exactly what everyone has been talking about with him. Flashes of brilliance, with some poor games and some great games. He was good last night and saved by Chol from being worst on the week before

Its funny that when you address the supposed argument with facts against, you never seem to get a reply.

I dunno, something doesn't add up
You claimed that Shai’s 3 goals weren’t a big deal because he had 3 clangers. Terrible call.

Agree, took a huge step last night, dominated and was the difference at key moments in a cut throat final.

Loved how at one point they opened up the whole forward 50 for him to do his thing.

Looks like the media have all climbed on board too, notably

Johno Brown
Dunstall
Mick Mcguane
Terry Wallet ect

must say I have been very impressed with Coffield and Hunter Clarke especially, will be great players both of them.

If the Wallet is on him, he must be a good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dont put words in my mouth. I did not try to counteract one argument with that. I stated he had 3 clangers to go with his 54% disposal efficiency.
3 clangers is nothing. Disposal efficiency is a nuffie stat, please never refer to it again. He was clearly one of the best on the ground.

3 clangers is nothing. Disposal efficiency is a nuffie stat, please never refer to it again. He was clearly one of the best on the ground.
Ok, I'll break it down for you. Outside of kicking goals, he was turning the ball over 1 in 3 times he touched the ball.

There were at least 5 guys I can name off the top of my head who were better. Champion data had him as your 12th best player last night. Bear in mind they take into account all actions of he and his team mates and opponenets on the ground,

It's ok, everyone can get caught up in all the flashy stuff. It's fine. I understand he looks good and he was, im not buying the fluff that he was amongst your best.

Ok, I'll break it down for you. Outside of kicking goals, he was turning the ball over 1 in 3 times he touched the ball.

There were at least 5 guys I can name off the top of my head who were better. Champion data had him as your 12th best player last night. Bear in mind they take into account all actions of he and his team mates and opponenets on the ground,

It's ok, everyone can get caught up in all the flashy stuff. It's fine. I understand he looks good and he was, im not buying the fluff that he was amongst your best.
Stats don’t tell the full story. champion data ranked north’s list 7th best this year. They ended being one of the most hopeless teams this year. They ranked Melbourne’s list second best last year and they finished 17th. It means absolutely nothing. Bolton is a damaging player. Would you rather 15-20 class touches or 25-30 meaningless bombs, or chips around half back. Not taking a shot at you in any way but if you don’t think Bolton was among the best last night you didn’t watch the game.

Stats don’t tell the full story. champion data ranked north’s list 7th best this year. They ended being one of the most hopeless teams this year. They ranked Melbourne’s list second best last year and they finished 17th. It means absolutely nothing. Bolton is a damaging player. Would you rather 15-20 class touches or 25-30 meaningless bombs, or chips around half back. Not taking a shot at you in any way but if you don’t think Bolton was among the best last night you didn’t watch the game.
That was on the back of large bodies of work and predictions. I am using in game facts, they rank and analyse every touch a player has.
I don't understand how people won't view this as an acceptable measuring stick. It is probably the closest thing we have to an actual ranking of a players impact on a game.

He was taken at what? Pick 40?

He didn't stand out in his draft year. Still, the bloke had talent. Just need the 1st couple of seasons to build up his endurance

Until you acknowledge there are other footballers that wear colours other than yellow and black nobody is going to take you seriously

Henry
O'Connor
Stewart
Parfitt

All taken from '16 draft, plus Ratugolea and Narkle - still my favourite draft since the 01 superdraft

this is the point I have been making for the last few months . Traditional stats are irrelevant in today’s football , Bolton’s touches are sublime and his goals last night should be celebrated . Absolute top shelf talent .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back