Autopsy SF: Geelong 100-32 Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Disposals: 200 - 356
Scoring shots: 7 - 25
Clearances: 21 - 34 (we won taps 37 - 19)

That’s as big a flogging in key stats as you could ever see.

It is extraordinary how we win the ruck taps and lose the clearances EVERY week. It’s almost unfathomable. Seriously, how is it possible? A new midfield coach is an urgent priority.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Harvey and rocca cant survive surely

Big comedown after last week. Fair reminder of how far off we are from the better teams, haven't been at the level since early in the season. Scoring continues to be a massive concern going forward.

For now, I just want to thank the whole club for giving us something to look forward to each week in what's been a tough year for everyone.

Here's to hopefully a better year next year and a return to some sort of normality.

Well said. It really has been a season like no other. Has made up for not being able to watch my boy play and has helped me keep my sanity.

Go Pies!!

Ugh, shitty way to end the year. We were off from the first bounce and just never looked in it. I think this is more about Geelong than us, they did their homework and just denied us everything we wanted. Effort was definitely lacking which is completely on us and we couldn’t land a punch early which set the tone.

Geelong finished top 4 for a reason. They picked apart Port, Brisbane and St.Kilda in a similar fashion. Not an ideal result in a semi final obviously, but hats off to the Cats. Hopefully we can keep our best 22 on the park for longer in 2021 and have another crack.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well done to Geelong, they did as they pleased.

We need to fix up our clearances, the current combination doesn’t work and with Grundy we need to make it a strength. I don’t know what that means for Treloar but I think we need to persist with Elliott and Sier at the stoppages, and Adams is the other clearance midfielder that is at least positive.

We look slow and weak. We can keep Stephenson if he can get his pace back, but we need a better option to partner Daicos on a wing - someone that is defensively minded and strong through the body. Same goes for our other small forwards, I’d like to see Sidebottom play a half forward flank permanently. I think we persist with Thomas who at least shows enough agility to apply pressure.

Roughead and Mayne are at the end. I don’t think they offer enough, Mayne is far too negative and Roughead cannot mark strong key forwards and that’s his job. Doesn’t offer enough playing on anything other than a #1 banana so I’d retain as depth but we need to find a better option.

Disappointing

Such a disappointing way to roll over and let the season peter out. No fight, no backbone.

Geelong were fantastic, really came to play. We could have held up our end of the bargain though.

Going to be a really interesting off season now, I think we really need to manufacture some real presence in the top 25 of the draft and try regenerate the list a bit

Very disappointing night. A lot of introspection needed for the coming days and weeks.

For now, I just want to thank the whole club for giving us something to look forward to each week in what's been a tough year for everyone.

Here's to hopefully a better year next year and a return to some sort of normality.

I know emotions will be running high, but please keep it civil as possible.

My year was made worse by Collingwood existing.

Glad it’s over, 2020 has been a shitshow. The club needs to take a step back and totally reassess.
Any side always needs to be assessing and improving. The finals win against the eagles showed we're not that far away. Certainly closer than the predictable hysterics that will follow tonight's effort.

A key forward, a key back and clearance mid are our biggest needs. Howe will help the defence, but there's a lot riding on Keane to replace Roughead in a year or two.

Cats were superb and we were cooked. The worst part was the players on both sides knew we were cooked, so the confidence scales were well in their favour and they ran rampant.

Move on from 2020 and focus on a couple of list gaps. I’m still proud of last week and look forward to 2021!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back