Nov 24, 2007
DTC Frat House
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Team Lambda Variant
1602535263354.png
Orazio upon learning he could be leaving the Bombres

Okay we’ve all heard Orazio wants to come home.

Does he come to us? To the degenerates down the road? Or does he get stuck at Essendrug?

Do we even need him? Is he worth picking up?

1602535489186.png

One year left on his Essendon contract... and we’d have to deal with Adrian Dodoro

For me: we don’t need him, we’ve got McAdam, Stengel and Murphy; he’s injury prone; he’ll cost too much.

EDIT: changed my mind, I'd take him (#destinationclub) but only on the cheap. IF Dodo's a pain in the arse we walk away, we got better s**t to do.

Last edited:
Well to be honest, Essendon are in the market for players. It was most certainly their narrative last yrs trade period.

Perhaps. But their narrative is changing by the day. They might be make keen on picks to build a list from the ground up again. Not sure if Bonner/Garner types are better alternatives to picks .

If I was Essendon, I would be asking for Jarryd Lienert in a swap deal..Can't quite get a regular game at port but in my opinion is a really underrated player

Lienert?

Dodoro will be asking for Wines.

Fantasia still has a year left on his contract, Dodoro won't be letting him go unless he gets overs.

My mail is that Port are trying to ship off Garner and/or Bonner as part of the deal. As we know, Port don’t have picks to play with. Will be interesting to see what Dodo asks for and if Port agree. That’s a low risk/high reward for Port in that scenario. Especially given they are in the window.
Power probably thinking Bonner isn't in their best 22 currently and Bombers would want a replacement for Saad at half-back.

Opening demand will be Connor Rozee or Xavier Duursma.
I want Port to keep Duursma no matter what.

He has more eggs to hatch in big Finals games for the Power.

They'll ask for DBJ

One thing is for sure, Dodoro is not trading Fantasia anywhere unless they get overs and they will keep him if they don't get a deal that satisfies them.

It's the way Essendon are, it's the same mentality that Worsfold had a dig at on his way out.

That's why I'm relieved in a way that he didn't choose us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't get it. What's the bullet that we've dodged?

He'll go for a third round pick, and is on the last year of a front loaded deal.

He'll go for a third round pick, and is on the last year of a front loaded deal.
Would rather get games into Stengle, McHenry and McAdam.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Would rather get games into Stengle, McHenry and McAdam.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
And Davis, Gallucci (if he's still a Crow), Jones, Gollant, Worrall, potentially our #1 pick, potentially our #8 pick, potentially our #20 pick if a guy like Eddie Ford is still available....

There is a literal gaggle of players who could occupy the HFF flank next season that we desperately need to get games into over a broken down ex Don who hasn't played good footy for 3 years!

One thing is for sure, Dodoro is not trading Fantasia anywhere unless they get overs and they will keep him if they don't get a deal that satisfies them.

It's the way Essendon are, it's the same mentality that Worsfold had a dig at on his way out.

That's why I'm relieved in a way that he didn't choose us.

there’s no evidence he’s chosen port

if he comes to us, great. If he doesn’t no big deal

Chris Davies sooking it up again

there’s a surprise

He can't go five seconds without bitching about us lately.

lately?

Opening demand will be Connor Rozee or Xavier Duursma.

you misspelled “AND”

You think Essendon who are famous for demanding overs for its players will let him go for a 3rd rounder.

Seems you are about as correct here as you are about all your other football opinions.

Didn't the club also say they were looking at adding 1-2 players in that 22-24 age group, such as Keays ?

I'm sure that was mentioned in one of the interviews with Kelly

I reckon you'll find durable and hardened bodies will be primary requirement. We'd be very keen to win as many games as possible next year, so will maintain strong depth. It's why Crocker is yet to be delisted despite having no value on the market. Having high talent in the rehab room shouldn't be a need for us.

Chris Davies sooking it up again on SEN. Pretty clear Fantasia has no interest in going to Port but Davies giving it the old “he’s an Essendon player and it would be right to comment like Adelaide did”

Laugh if you like, but that is the line most often trotted out when talking about contracted players. "We don't comment on other club's players" is a very common straight bat.

My 2 issues are what we'd potentially pay extracting a contracted player from Essendon and having a list spot taken up by a very injury prone small forward during down years. If I was where Port think they are, I'd be all over him on the list, still worrying about Dodoro's expectations though. I don't think we've dodged a bullet, but I just don't think he's worth the currency or hassle for us right now. Definitely on the review in 2021 list where he's FA or RFA though.

Back