List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I know, but I have never watched Ugle-Hagan and seen much similarity to Buddy Franklin, other than his size. The player he reminds me of is Rory Lobb.

Its a starting point. I think along similar lines but not as gung ho on the trades aspects
Don't discount Allir for Ladhams trade..
There was chatter about a Ladhams trade a couple of months ago

I think Port approached Allir, if they want him as a contracted player, then they have to give something up.
Allir can play as a tall defender, back up ruck, tall forward. Ladhams tall forward and back up ruck. I reckon as a forward/ruck, Allir is better at the moment.
Allir is ready now and will be prime over the next 2 years while Ports window is wide open.
Ladhams is ready in 2 years as ports window closes slightly - as their mature players drop off.. Boak, Grey 32yo, Dixon, Rockcliffe 30yo all massive contributors this year
Yep, it might be Allir + pick for Ladhams.. might be Allir for Ladhams + pick? (would back the former)
We can get points for Campbell Gulden in many different ways, Harder to get a nearly ready quality ruck

Its kind of the same situation I saw when Paps might go to Carlton.. Carlton want a contracted Paps, so we want De Koning or Pittonet in return (plus picks) otherwise the trade doesn't happen

About time we played the hard nut. You want AA Give us Ladhams and contrary to what some might think a straight swap should be the deal. No picks just one for the other. If not he stays.

Our only chance is if he nominated us and cuts GWS out of it. But I'm sure gws will sell their elite talent and ability to make finals before we do and he'll buy into their dribble. Back to Paddy for us.

Regardless they are pushing s**t up hill to win their first flag before we win our next. That ship has sailed for them a while. They are a poorly coached and run football club imo.

Regardless they are pushing sh*t up hill to win their first flag before we win our next. That ship has sailed for them for them for a while. They are a poorly coached and run football club imo.
Correct but every time we look at someone of significance GWS pop up as well.

Correct but every time we look at someone of significance GWS pop up as well.

Probably out of spite for the Franklin Heist. Dave Matthews is a real bitter ***** at the best of times. Up to us to sell ourselves as the superior Football Club going forward. Which I believe we are. Outside their midfield look at the rest of their list across the ground.

Should be enough to buy enough tissues for his Old Man's sooking. Not a whole lot of character that family.

Dunkley said in that interview on Open Mike that he has been invited back to Sydney games but hasn't gone because then he would have to leave his (adult) children home alone.

Sheahan laughed like he was joking and then realised he wasn't joking.

Something odd about that family.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

x5 = $4.5 mill.

Not many of us would be saying no to that offer.
And at least it's shafting the dogs.
Essendon are just papering over the cracks. They are not ready for a premiership. Yet they trade like they are. Destined to mid table forever.

x5 = $4.5 mill.

Not many of us would be saying no to that offer.
And at least it's shafting the dogs.
It is punishment for the Dogs! Dodo will offer 2nd round pick and Laverde.

Dodo will be mentioned in every trade even if though they wont be involved it.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dunkley said in that interview on Open Mike that he has been invited back to Sydney games but hasn't gone because then he would have to leave his (adult) children home alone.

Sheahan laughed like he was joking and then realised he wasn't joking.

Something odd about that family.

He was from Tasmania wasn't he ?

If he was such a GUIN, he would have been nominated in the top 10, not 25. It's easy to say now that the Swans stuffed up. We obviously didn't rate him as highly as he turned out to be. You only have to look at how many players come from the rookie list to become AFL stars. Obviously no club rated them as being worthy of being drafted initially. It's very easy to make comments like yours 5 years down the track. Let's face it, if we all had a crystal ball, we would all be multi millionaires.
I suggest you revisit the 2015 draft night thread.

He had nominated us as a father-son. Never before had a F/S NOT been matched by his nominated club so it would have been pointless for another club to pick him at the spot he was truly worth. It was a backroom deal to get him to the Dogs.

Last edited:
Probably out of spite for the Franklin Heist. Dave Matthews is a real bitter ***** at the best of times. Up to us to sell ourselves as the superior Football Club going forward. Which I believe we are. Outside their midfield look at the rest of their list across the ground.
I wouldn't have thought that in reality, what happened with Franklin has anything to do with GWS current plans. That is all in the past and whilst at the time they would have been very pissed off, they can't let something that happened seven years ago effect their plans today.
Once they found out Hogan could be available and open to a move to Sydney, they HAD to talk to him, they are simply doing their due diligence. If the places were reversed, I'd be annoyed if I heard he was talking to GWS and we hadn't sounded him out.

I wouldn't have thought that in reality, what happened with Franklin has anything to do with GWS current plans. That is all in the past and whilst at the time they would have been very pissed off, they can't let something that happened seven years ago effect their plans today.
Once they found out Hogan could be available and open to a move to Sydney, they HAD to talk to him, they are simply doing their due diligence. If the places were reversed, I'd be annoyed if I heard he was talking to GWS and we hadn't sounded him out.

GWS would have a flag by now had they gotten Franklin, believe me the seethe from GWS will never subside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back