List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aarts was not that far behind butler this season statically at least. Which is pretty good for a non best22 player.

He isn't that old and it's not of great importance for a back up type player?

The club potentially also may want to save salary cap space to reinvent somewhere else.

Arts is 25 , he can't help us when Balta is 32 and Bolton is in the thirties.

How will Arts be going when he is 27 and older?

The other thing is Arts only plays as a forward and what if the game style changes and/or the opposition changes the competitive field?

Actually Arts is nearly 26

Last edited:
Aarts was not that far behind butler this season statically at least. Which is pretty good for a non best22 player.

He isn't that old and it's not of great importance for a back up type player?

The club potentially also may want to save salary cap space to reinvent somewhere else.
This is in no way anything against Aarts but he is four and a half years older than Higgo, we’re also really only go off one season of playing senior AFL football.

I feel a little guilty typing this because I don’t want to take anything away from Aarts, he was fantastic for us this season and played some really good football when many other players were struggling.

However, I believe Higgins has the potential to continue to develop and improve. Aarts may not have that same scope of room for development.

Any chance of having a nip at Jed Anderson. As productive and committed as any big names mentioned. Rate him higher than Brad Couch for a start. Would have instant respect at the tiges (after man bun given the snip).
100% He would work in our system Also Jye Simpkin

Arts is 25 , he can't help us when Balta is 32 and Bolton is in the thirties.

How will Arts be going when he is 27 and older?

The other thing is Arts only plays as a forward and what if the game style changes and/or the opposition changes the competitive field?

Actually Arts is nearly 26

Idk

He might get better like Lambert. Broad.

This is in no way anything against Aarts but he is four and a half years older than Higgo, we’re also really only go off one season of playing senior AFL football.

I feel a little guilty typing this because I don’t want to take anything away from Aarts, he was fantastic for us this season and played some really good football when many other players were struggling.

However, I believe Higgins has the potential to continue to develop and improve. Aarts may not have that same scope of room for development.

Aarts definitely doesn't have the potential of higgins but aarts is probably on minimum. What's Higgins going to ask for next contract?

There is a lot of upside to keeping Higgins. The points you raise and he is young talented

mRioliJ too

Idk

He might get better like Lambert. Broad.

Aarts definitely doesn't have the potential of higgins but aarts is probably on minimum. What's Higgins going to ask for next contract?

There is a lot of upside to keeping Higgins. The points you raise and he is young talented

mRioliJ too

What is the diff in salary? I assume significant, I can't see Arts doing a Lambo, happy to be proved wrong

i can't get over the treatment of treloar.

buys wholly into the club, embarks on a really admirable campaign to address his own mental health and hopes to aid the wider afl community, plays his guts out, terrible hammy injuries but works back, good leadership capabillities....

and they're booting him out like he's done a fevola and keeping jordan de goey.

it just beggars belief.

Keep your eyes peeled for an announcement at 10.20 over the next few days if it gets finalised there is going to be salt everywhere .
Ben nason coming outta retirement?

Ben nason coming outta retirement?
Even better, Robin Nahas

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Regarding Higgins, I'm comfortable either way if the trade deal is good. He's not untouchable by any stretch, and there's no guarantee he's best 22 next year with plenty that will be fighting for spots.

If we keep him, good, happy for him to get another 2 years and see from there. If we get offered something that improves the list, or a draft asset that can be used in another acquisition either now or in future, Im also happy with that.

Love the guy, but you've got to give up something to get something.

i can't get over the treatment of treloar.

buys wholly into the club, embarks on a really admirable campaign to address his own mental health and hopes to aid the wider afl community, plays his guts out, terrible hammy injuries but works back, good leadership capabillities....

and they're booting him out like he's done a fevola and keeping jordan de goey.

it just beggars belief.

All for the crime of signing the massive contract they put in front of him.

Here's a tip Collingwood: if you think someone's mental health is so fragile that it can be broken with a few months away from their partner, don't offer them 5+ years on close to $900,000.

And besides, what an absolute sham culture they must have if their reaction to a player facing a tough personal moment is to ship them off rather than help them through it.

Does anyone reckon shorty could play midfield and put markov in his spot ?
Concern would be running capacity and contested ball. I doubt he's doing midfield numbers and I'm not sure he has much use in the centre square. The guy needs space to use his assets.

I remember that as well , but I think Eddie pronounced his name wrong ! Still a great moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Matty Richo.

He dedicated “given to fly” to him.
I was also there about 10 rows from the front.

Same offer Gold Coast did to Ablett jnr they also gave Nathan a list spot after years not playing the game at all
Giants gave Scullys father a job in recruitment with no prior experience in the role when they lured him
That worked out well too hey ?

Does anyone reckon shorty could play midfield and put markov in his spot ?

he kind of took over bachar’s role as that running half back in the granny, pushing though the middle on transition. That might be his go in the future. That lace out pass to George in the goal square that he coughed up was mint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back