List Mgmt. 2020 Trade and List Management Thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the Crows nominate JUH then that is no biggie.

Why? Still drops us back an extra slot

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I’m talking if crouch commands pick 2

I’m talking if crouch commands pick 2

If that's the case then pre-draft order assuming no trades looks like this:

1. crows
2. crows
3. north

If for arguments sake our draft board looks like this:

1. McDonald
2. Hollands
3. Grainger-Baras

then we are guaranteed to get one of those three at our first pick.

If the crows bid on JUH at 1 and the dogs match, then the draft order becomes thus:

1. dogs (JUH)
2. crows
3. crows
4. north

So we still have the same three players available to us with 2 picks before ours, so we are still guaranteed to get one of them.

If the dogs for some reason don't match a crows bid on JUH this is even better for us, as we are guaranteed to get one of the first two players on our draft board.

Not so, surely. The whole team collapsed/fell this year. Brown had little good service, and the team's style didn't suit his game.
Surely the fault is with Rhys Shaw who, it became clear, was out of his depth in terms of team play. Had we ever had such an uncreative way of moving ball - booting it down the line?
On top of that, the boring state of the game in general, with its rugby type scores - 3 goals to 2 at halftime - meant that all big forwards struggled to kick a bag.
Honestly Filth Wizard, not sure why you think Brown is solely to blame for his fall, given it is a team game and big forwards are the most dependent of all players on the state of the team.

Sorry mate, I never once said he was solely to blame for his fall but your post reads like you don't want to assign any blame to a key forward that showed absolutely zero capability to adapt. Actually, the answer to his fall may well be that key factor.

I think it is pretty clearly an end of first round pick, unless the AFL plan to reign in compensation further than they have. GWS is likely to get end of first round for Corr.

I think they need to overhaul the compensation system.
They will, when we have the main FA leaving....bet ya last buck on it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did Jasper say or do? I haven’t seen anything. I would expect he would be disappointed and justifiably so, as many of the delisted blokes would too.

He accomplished a lot in his time at North and I will always love him for his input, but if the club reckons that’s are best served moving in a different direction I back them in. He has accomplished something I’d give my left nut to do when he pulled on a North jumper and became an official shinboner. I hope he can see it this way if he is feeling aggrieved.

Yeah I agree. This kind on media coverage is BS. Anyone who has met Jasper would agree that he is one of the most modest, kind and smart blokes going around in the AFL.

Obviously a lot of s**t went down over the last few months so good on him for asking the tough questions.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What did Jasper say or do? I haven’t seen anything. I would expect he would be disappointed and justifiably so, as many of the delisted blokes would too.

He accomplished a lot in his time at North and I will always love him for his input, but if the club reckons that’s are best served moving in a different direction I back them in. He has accomplished something I’d give my left nut to do when he pulled on a North jumper and became an official shinboner. I hope he can see it this way if he is feeling aggrieved.

At a guess, he was sold a plan by the previous administration, found himself dropped and marginalised and now is without a club

Sorry mate, I never once said he was solely to blame for his fall but your post reads like you don't want to assign any blame to a key forward that showed absolutely zero capability to adapt. Actually, the answer to his fall may well be that key factor.

Maybe he’s too reliant on factors being in his favour to have any impact on a game.

Kids in the US go to college after high school ... and usually finish high school later than us by a year? Is that right? If so that four or five years older after living out of home in a stable environment.

If not a year younger, either way early twenties when they are drafted.

Not sure about other sports but I know in the NBA you aren't eligible to be drafted until at least a year removed from finishing high school. Plus I think there's more of a cultural expectation that you can move away from home for college etc, whereas here it's pretty common just to go to a university in your city,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back