List Mgmt. Trade and F/A 2020 Cont’d

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Cox the guy that makes Tim English look like Arnold Schwarzenegger?
Yeah he’s a twig lol, but apparently an incredible athlete and so dual sided that even he’s not sure which foot he prefers.

Look at the current premiers. Nankervis is a serviceable sh*t truck. That's all you need. Look at any of the recent premiership dynasties. You don't tie up a million bucks on a ruck unless he has Nic Nat tap ruck dominance.

Nank is Vanilla.
Grundy with some proper instruction could have NN taping dominance - which is universally acknowledged here.
And smashes NN and Gawn in clearances and contested possessions stats over the course of a season - not to mention his huge tank.

That’s why other teams bid up his price beyond that of a Vanilla Ruckman.

Leigh Mathews is no fool, and has huge wraps on Grundy as one of the best players in the game.

I like Callow, but I don’t think he’d be a possibility at 12. We’re much more likely to go for Cox or a slider from the top 10.

I would rather Callow than Cox, Cox looks like the type of player who is going to take a while to work out where his best position will be and also will take a long time to develop. Georgiadies is a classic example of risking taking a player earlier than expected, if Callow is good enough to have some impact next year, then he is only going to get better. Pick 14 looks like being 16 or 17, he's worth a punt with that.

I would rather Callow than Cox, Cox looks like the type of player who is going to take a while to work out where his best position will be and also will take a long time to develop. Georgiadies is a classic example of risking taking a player earlier than expected, if Callow is good enough to have some impact next year, then he is only going to get better. Pick 14 looks like being 16 or 17, he's worth a punt with that.
Yep I wouldn't think twice on using Pick 17 on Callow

You're avatar is really disturbing.

I don't like it.
That sh*t would give kids nightmares.

Cox would want to be quick, any body contact would snap him in half.

Here's a hypothetical trade scenario if Geelong can't put together a deal and supposing Cameron is still keen to return to Victoria.

Coll trade: Adam Treloar GC trade: Pick 5 + Will Brodie
Coll trade: Tom Phillips + Pick 37 Melb trade: Angus Brayshaw + Pick 47
Coll trade: 2020 1st WB trade: Pick 12
Coll trade: Pick 5 + Pick 14 + Mason Cox GWS trade: Jeremy Cameron

Collingwood receive: Jeremy Cameron, Angus Brayshaw, Will Brodie, Pick 12

Collingwood lose: Adam Treloar, Pick 5, Pick 14, Pick 37, Tom Phillips, Mason Cox

Target in national draft: Jackson Callow, Reef McInnes
Target in the rookie draft: Haiden Schloith

We fix our key forward issues. Clear significant cap space off-set by the arrival of our recruits. We lose Treloar but replace him with two decent mids bolstering our centre clearances and improving depth.

FB: Jeremy Howe - Jordan Roughead - Brayden Maynard
HB: Jack Crisp - Darcy Moore - Isaac Quaynor
C: Steele Sidebottom - Scott Pendlebury - Josh Daicos
HF: Brody Mihocek - Jeremy Cameron - Will Hoskin- Elliott
FF: Jamie Elliott - Jordan De Goey - Jaidyn Stephenson
Fol: Brodie Grundy - Taylor Adams - Angus Brayshaw
Int: Will Brodie - Reef McInnes - John Noble - Haiden Schloith

I'm dreaming I know!
not gonna happen purely because its just too big and too organize... and in the history of AFL trades nothing that complicated has ever happened.... and to expect Collingwood's current list manager to pull that off is what Disney films are made of....

Dreams...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do not cave and give Mihocek 4 years.
And especially do not cave on money.

This is the perfect test —-repeat the failings of the past, or learn and take it in a new direction.

No way he should be getting 4 years.
Agree, three years is already generous.

Do not cave and give Mihocek 4 years.
And especially do not cave on money.

This is the perfect test —-repeat the failings of the past, or learn and take it in a new direction.

No way he should be getting 4 years.

Spot on four years is an eternity nowadays, 2-3 years for any players over 25 max unless marquee player with a max of 5 years.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

not gonna happen purely because its just too big and too organize... and in the history of AFL trades nothing that complicated has ever happened.... and to expect Collingwood's current list manager to pull that off is what Disney films are made of....

Dreams...

They're pretty straight forward trades. And you only need the GC trade to be done to work the Cameron trade. I mean I had the WB 1st in my scenario but our current 1st works just as well.

Last edited:
100% agree.

I think that was a spin exercise to keep the fan base base happy.

If we really wanted Cameron then we should have been courting him for two years.

Maybe the Cameron we offered a contract to was Cameron McCarthy! :sick:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back