List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d like to see the club try and sign Jessie Hogan, I think he still has so much potential and the club does have to look to find a longer term replacement for Riewoldt and Astbury.

I do think our fan base has to be realistic with its expectations though. The Giants will have money to burn with all of their departing players and will be in a position to offer a far better contract than we would.

I understand our salary cap appears to be in a better position than quite a few of the other top sides but we have about half of our best 22 out of contract next year so we need to be able to have cap space and flexibility when trying to re-sign so many players.

Obvious Scott putting his own career success and trophy cabinet ahead of the club.
Who needs a rebuild after 10 years as a successful bridesmaid coach.

View attachment 1000091

you forgot Shaun Higgins

Obvious Scott putting his own career success and trophy cabinet ahead of the club.

View attachment 1000091
By next years finals, some of the Geelold players will be cooked.

One good thing about Gold Coast saying they think the Markov trade could be done on day one is they have picks 26, 36 and 75.

Surely we won't be doing the trade for pick 75? So hopefully pick 36 or 26 is involved somehow.

you forgot Shaun Higgins
Fixed ;)

Anyone reckon we are a chance to get Patrick Cripps next season?
Think we're a huge chance but not only Crippa.
kelly
Taranto
Green
Oliver
Bont.

So Cats fans have evolved from feeling sorry for themselves to now believing its a conspiracy theory, with the afl plotting against them!!!

Tin Foil Pussy 1 said:
I love that for years Geelong was known for bending over at the draft table when it came to letting our players go to other clubs for more opportunity or whatever other reasons and we finally grew a set with the Tim Kelly trade and now everyone, including people outside GWS are just baying for blood. It's ridiculous
Tin Foil Pussy 2 said:
GWS could not pay more than $750K. I understand the Geelong offer is $900K. GWS can not afford Cameron hence matching is simply bad faith. I hope the AFL has the balls to investigate.
Tin Foil Pussy 3 said:
Conspiracy Theory:
Don't know if GWS will go ahead on Monday, but I think Geelong needs to make a deal with the AFL as well. As the Essendon comp pick shows, they're following their own agenda. They'll be looking to help GWS, and not let the competition look silly by GFC landing the big fish (again), and the needy clubs going wanting (again). Something along the lines of the Ablett/Motlop/Port deal maybe. ;)

That said, they ARE the cats, and cats fans do as cats fans do

Sand in my Vagina 1 said:
If you were wondering how good we could potentially be with Cameron in the side, just use the opposition supporters posting in here as a guide. Their fear has manifested into anger and here they are.
Sand in my Vagina 2 said:
IF the plastics decide to match will be a defining moment for them as a club. Foundation loyal player who doesn’t want to play for them for a top 10 pick.
Nobody supports them, they’ve embarrassed themselves in the one big game they’ve had, and nobody cares about them. If they decide to block this move, no one will be willing to deal with them at the trade table for the rest of their pathetic existence - which I reckon will be lucky to see another 5 years. One of the positives of COVID.
Sand in my Vagina 3 said:
Giants have officially matched. Reported in the herald scum. fu** them. No one wants to go there. No one there wants to stay. Plastic sh*t show of a club, that will quickly sink to the bottom of the ladder now and won’t Be in the league in 5 years.

Richmond trade period will likely be Markov & Higgins out for a couple of draft picks

Geelong trade period will be essential viewing as they work out how to bring in all the old blokes and not breach the Federal governments aged care regulations

(Log in to remove this ad.)

with their player exodus occurring, salary at GWS won't even matter now, so they can definitely afford to keep him on 900k
No doubt they can keep him.
But that will have an effect on future deals with others like kelly/Taranto etc.
Remember the cap is getting reduced.
Our pov.Imagine our selling point to kelly.Dusty,Prestia & Lynch as our core.
The timing wouldn't be any better.

One good thing about Gold Coast saying they think the Markov trade could be done on day one is they have picks 26, 36 and 75.

Surely we won't be doing the trade for pick 75? So hopefully pick 36 or 26 is involved somehow.

I'll believe it when I see it. There is very little over the last few years to inspire any confidence as it seems to have been all about 'player welfare'. A betting man would put his money on 75 but we'll see.

What did we get for Dan Butler? A regularly playing premiership winning player?
Brace for 75

Difference was St Kilda only had that pick to trade with and we were happy to use that pick in the draft. Gold Coast have more to trade with and we wouldn’t use pick 75. I agree we probably won’t get much though might be a pick upgrade this year or a future third/future pick upgrade.

Difference was St Kilda only had that pick to trade with and we were happy to use that pick in the draft. Gold Coast have more to trade with and we wouldn’t use pick 75. I agree we probably won’t get much though might be a pick upgrade this year or a future third/future pick upgrade.

Valid point. But GC will laugh at us if we ask for 35. Unless we send something back their way. Which leaves 75. So that may as well be all they have.

bit disrespectful from houli too to sit back and orchestrate a markov to suns move when he just did a 5th calf

Keep Pickett in the team and bring in Treloar for houlis spot:

B: David Astbury, Dylan Grimes, Noah Balta

HB: Liam Baker, Nick Vlastuin, [B]Bachar Houli[/B]

C: Kamdyn McIntosh, Dion Prestia, Marlion Pickett

HF: Kane Lambert, Jason Castagna, Dustin Martin

F: Tom Lynch, Jack Riewoldt, Daniel Rioli

FOLL: Toby Nankervis, Shane Edwards, Trent Cotchin

I/C: Jack Graham, Shai Bolton, Jayden Short, Nathan Broad

EMG: Oleg Markov, Josh Caddy, Mabior Chol, Jake Aarts

out markov (higgins etc.)
in trelol

Last edited:

View attachment 1000095

They'll have 13 players over 30 next year. Pretty much a third of their list.

Cats board is gold right now. apparently the Sniperflog, Deledio, and Kelly trades are all "different". Cameron will sit out a year to get to Geelong. Its unfair to force players to play for GWS, and this trade would be allowed for any other club except them

oh, and i kinda wish this nuffy was running their list management team

Yeah Cameron will sit out

Morons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back