List Mgmt. 2020 Draft and Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system seems to put more emphasis on the annual salary rather than the total value of the contract.

I don't think there should be compensation picks at all... All I'm saying is that as the system stands it is an understandable result.
There certainly shouldn’t be compensation picks when a club has been offered 2 1st rounders for a wantaway player who the club wouldn’t extend a contract for.

The system seems to put more emphasis on the annual salary rather than the total value of the contract.

I don't think there should be compensation picks at all... All I'm saying is that as the system stands it is an understandable result.

It's more about the Daniher pick than the Crouch pick. 2nd round compo for Crouch is about right given history.

The Daniher rort was ridiculous.

I like your confidence, but I dont see us leapfrogging all of Freo, GWS, Carlton, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Collingwood and the Bulldogs unless Franklin has a significant influence.

Unless something unexpected happens in the next 2 weeks ...
We won’t have to leapfrog all of those. A couple will crash out.

There certainly shouldn’t be compensation picks when a club has been offered 2 1st rounders for a wantaway player who the club wouldn’t extend a contract for.

There shouldn't be compensation picks at all for restricted free agents (and probably unrestricted as well).

Essendon and Adelaide have the option to match and force a trade. Otherwise they have the benefit of freeing up salary cap space.

Not you’re not. You’re just talking negative and mainly nonsensical dribble
I just think you don’t want to plant your flag in an opinion so you can always pretend we are where we should be.

Not sure , surely a first ?
:p :p :p You are obviously joking.
A first for Ben Brown.
It's the 1st of November not April.

I could add in Essendon and Hawthorn as well. They, plus Freo, GWS, Carlton, Melbourne, Gold Coast, Collingwood and the Bulldogs will all be expecting to finish in front of us next year.
We are far better placed than either of Essendon and Hawthorn. Add GWS. That’s 3. I think Melbourne are in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good, I hope they get fired up.

We clearly have no influence over AFL house, maybe a club like Adelaide will actually take it to the VFL mafia and call out some of ridiculous advantages Vic teams get.
Too late once the call is made. You can whinge but they won't back down.

We won’t have to leapfrog all of those. A couple will crash out.
It will be interesting to see who drops further next year. I could definitely see the Pies imploding next year after the Treloar thing. I think the Bombers will struggle like the Pies, the culture seems shot from the top down. Freo, Gold Coast and Carlton seem like they are on the way up. GWS and Melbourne could go either way.

Adelaide, Hawthorn and North will all be fighting for the wooden spoon.

I think next year if we have a mostly healthy list and our list development continues we'll be in the 8-12 range.

Heeney up forward. Blakey up the ground. Sinclair in the square.

Nah
You are showing your age.
Outdated.;)

The new footy is like soccer with a touch of rugby. Except no offside. Line out like rugby but angle forward not back no offside and soccer and punch forward till there is time for a 10 m kick for a catch (supposed to be 15m).
Oh bit of basketball tossup only the boys who put their hand up can contest.
That's the formula without a fit Franklin.
Richmond style TM (c) D Hardwick:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back