You should be Ashamed

Remove this Banner Ad

It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.
Do real supporters refer to players who have undoubtedly given their all as "deadwood"? Players like Treloar and Phillips?

Many of us are a bit unhappy about the treatment of loyal players and the bullshit the club has served up to explain what happened and why the conducted the obvious fire sale.

Maybe strum a guitar and sing, “Stand by Ned/Ed” for YouTube.

I will be renewing my membership.

I understand that many supporters are upset. I was.

However the truth is, I suspect, that none of them have any first hand insight to the whole scenario that led the club to these decisions.

Now that the day has been done. Is there any reason for the club to not be honest about at least some of the club's thinking. It's ridiculous for the club to pretend that salary cap stuff ups weren't the main issue and to suggest that they substantially improved their draft position in order to improve the list is just farcical.

My son loves cookies and cream ice cream, and I bought a tub of the stuff earlier in the week in preparation for his visit this weekend.

But I'd eaten it all within two days. Told him this evening that I forgot to buy some.

I am ashamed.
Just share a billy with him & everything will be cool.

Surely there's some 10 yr old Chicko Roll or a 4'n'20 in the deep recesses of the freezer when you get the munchies.

A tin of bully beef?

s**t I'm suddenly hangry!

Now that the day has been done. Is there any reason for the club to not be honest about at least some of the club's thinking. It's ridiculous for the club to pretend that salary cap stuff ups weren't the main issue and to suggest that they substantially improved their draft position in order to improve the list is just farcical.
Yep that is almost worse than what actually transpired.

Gutted, gutted, gutted.

The utter lack of consistency of many of these 'people' is mind numbing. I've been around this board since before our last flag and I've watched several members closely - first with amazement, then with annoyance before finally treating their posts with utter contempt.
But don't put it all on the posters mate, this site is a shadow of what it was before the last flag. Posters are now allowed insane latitude and they know it, this in turn has attracted the worst element and encouraged a toxic culture.
There are more than a few here that aren't supporters a-holes and would have been thrashed senseless at the old Vic Park outer.
But that is modern living for you with the self entitled deferred to by one and all.
You spent two weeks lagging on every journalist that had something to say about Collingwood that didn't suit your starry-eyed narrative.

Low and behold, all those journalist predictions came true.

You're a joke lol.

I know we got screwed in the trade. By a lot. But I also dont think that much of Treloar as a footballer. Its all relative.

The poor trade negotiation is down to the club and our (apparent) poor cap and contract management. There's poor management across the board at Collingwood. I'm not denying it. But I support getting rid of Treloar and his ridiculous salary. Its the start of fixing some of our problems. We still have a long way to go with that.

Treloar is only on ridiculous salary because he sacrificed money and delayed it until later in his contract to help the club, multiple times.

We have invested SEVEN First round draft picks in Sharenberg, Freeman, Treloar (x2), Stephenson and Beams (x2) and have absolutely nothing to show for it, with all of those players now gone.

We ridiculously signed Grundy to a 7-year, $7 million deal last summer when it should have been blindingly obvious that it was going to blow apart our salary cap.

On top of the Grundy deal, we then upgraded the contracts of Moore, Daicos and several others, which pushed us deeper into the red.

A Year 10 student with an excel spreadsheet could have seen that we were headed for doom but somehow our list managers could not. Or maybe they could see but wilfully continued down the path anyway.

And Eddie and his hand-picked Board sign-off on and endorse all these trades and contract renewals, so they are just as culpable. They enjoy the perks of their positions but have been grossly derelict in their good governance responsibilities.

The trade fiasco of this week is simply the inevitable conclusion of all the mismanagement that has preceded it.

To add insult to injury, we’ve then had to suffer through Ned Guy, Geoff Walsh, Eddie Maguire and Nathan Buckley all treating us all like fools with tweets, interviews and responses to questions that have been full of misrepresentations, half-truths, outright lies and utter gibberish. That’s what happens when those in charge become overly full of their own power and self-importance.

So, if a member wants to microwave their membership, sign a petition or send in a letter of complaint to show their utter despair and frustration, then good on them.

We’ve won two premierships in the past 62 years. Enough is enough.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:
Ok forget about the behind the scenes stuff, which none of would know for sure what really transpired.

Please explain to me the following:
- When Richmond brings in Tom Lynch keeping the core players intact, when Geelong brings in Danger, Ablett and now Cameron without selling the stables, what have we done?
- What have we got for letting go of Treloar, Stevo and Phillips, pick 14 was also part of a pick swap and plus some useless picks and then talking about bringing in talent
- Where do you think we will end up next year? We won't make the 8.
- Why couldn't the coach who always talks about love, leadership, caring and what s**t talk to the players honestly and get this done amicably? Isn't that leadership? Isn't that caring?
In fairness concerning Geelong, they would have had to do some serious player trading to get Cameron if they hadn't lost a gun, Egan, the year before.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Get ****ed OP.

If anyone else chooses not to renew their membership as a means of protest then they can go right ahead, if someone doesn't feel like their money is being utilised properly then it is completely fair enough to withhold it.

Just to rant for a moment, the thing which compounded my anger, was listening to Ned Guy talk on FoxFooty after the trade period, saying "we brought in a couple of first round draft picks". No you ******* didn't! You only traded in one! We already had the other one! You also sold off a 21yo former pick 6, a player who cost us 2 consecutive pick 7's, as well as our late second and early third round picks for pick 14 and a second rounder for next year. How ******* dare he treat us with such disdain. It's this kind of spin in addition to all the other crap that has me on the edge of stopping my renewal.

I don't just blame Ned Guy, I hold accountable those responsible for putting a player manager in charge of our entire list, one which was already in trouble from previous mismanagement, rather than headhunting someone with a great deal of experience to sort out our issues.

Your post is a disgrace!!
How dare you judge what other people feel.
How dare you think you are the judge of who should be a supporter.
How dare you even think you are holier than thou.
How dare you tell Collingwood supporters to f.. off.
How dare you tell them they are not supporters.
WTF do you think you are calling people dogs?
You are the disgrace!!

Absolute Flog you are South of the Yarra the way we have been treated during all this is flat out disgraceful.

What gives you the right to tell people how they should feel?

I hear the word loyalty get thrown around a bit, what was done yesterday let's say was business but the way fans were treated wasn't loyal it was a slap to the face.

Let's not forget most members didn't get to even see a game this year it was pretty much a donation in very tough times.

I will be keeping my club support of 14 years only because I want to go to my first AGM and hear the absolute rubbish from Eds mouth.

Last edited:
It is an absolute disgrace the way some of you are carrying on about cancelling memberships or not renewing them. You should be ashamed and to be honest we don’t want you as Collingwood supporters. You stick with your club through thick and thin.
Interestingly half of you spend your time in match day threads bagging Trealor’s disposal and defensive skills and now that he is gone you would reckon he was Bob Rose. Stephenson has been canned all year for lack of intensity, making ridiculous decisions and not being hard enough. Now suddenly he is John Greening. Tom Philips who has been mercilessly ridiculed during the year is suddenly the great Peter Daicos who can produce magic in the midfield and go forward and tear the heart out of the game. To be honest we just removed three bits of deadwood that is stopping us going the next step. Last night was the best thing to happen to the club. As for you hypocritical fair weather ‘dogs’. Go elsewhere. Not only will I renew my membership but I will up my sponsorship. Floreat Pica.

Our last 5 first round draft picks ended up giving us a grand total of 157 games, pick 14 and we will still be paying money to two blokes on whom we spent 4 of those picks.

I think that justifies some level of opprobrium.

Oh and you acting like some sort of super-supporter is cute. Tell us more.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You make good points.

Ed obviously being involved in all of them. Time to step down for Eduardo. Been a great leader of our club, but probably held onto the reins 5 years too long.

On the hawks, they are definitely a powerhouse. 13 flags in the time we’ve won 2.
They don’t have anywhere near the number of supporters we do, yet their supporter to membership ratio, and I’m basing this on what I believe, would be the highest in the afl. The have great sponsors and a great president. A president who isn’t scared of leaving those underneath him with no doubts of his expectations.
They won 4 flags. No one here has seen multiple pies flags in a 5 year window.

I’ll also renew my membership but I’m still disgusted at the club. Fans are right to be angry, it’s a disgraceful mess.
This. Would never cancel my membership but so frustrating knowing we have wasted precious millions of dollars on these player contracts and are still wasting millions of dollars on staff wages that are clearly not up to the standards required.

I’m thinking of buying additional memberships. To help make up the shortfall. :oops:

A lot of hysteria on here in the last few days. Yes, it feels like a poor return for the players out. But my Cats supporting husband thought we did well out of the Treloar trade. Lovely guy, loyal and true, but probably the most ineffective ‘elite’ midfielder going around.

I want a flag, and this may be the turn towards that.

Im hoping this as well Vick. My faith in our current staff structure has drained any positivity about being able to accomplish this however. Perhaps they are smarter than they appear and do have some plan that will come to fruition after this abysmal salary dump fiasco.

Get f’ed OP.

If anyone else chooses not to renew their membership as a means of protest then they can go right ahead, if someone doesn't feel like their money is being utilised properly then it is completely fair enough to withhold it.

Just to rant for a moment, the thing which compounded my anger, was listening to Ned Guy talk on FoxFooty after the trade period, saying "we brought in a couple of first round draft picks". No you ******* didn't! You only traded in one! We already had the other one! You also sold off a 21yo former pick 6, a player who cost us 2 consecutive pick 7's, as well as our late second and early third round picks for pick 14 and a second rounder for next year. How ******* dare he treat us with such disdain. It's this kind of spin in addition to all the other crap that has me on the edge of stopping my renewal.

I don't just blame Ned Guy, I hold accountable those responsible for putting a player manager in charge of our entire list, one which was already in trouble from previous mismanagement, rather than headhunting someone with a great deal of experience to sort out our issues.

A protest lol.Thats cute.

You make good points.

Ed obviously being involved in all of them. Time to step down for Eduardo. Been a great leader of our club, but probably held onto the reins 5 years too long.

On the hawks, they are definitely a powerhouse. 13 flags in the time we’ve won 2.
They don’t have anywhere near the number of supporters we do, yet their supporter to membership ratio, and I’m basing this on what I believe, would be the highest in the afl. The have great sponsors and a great president. A president who isn’t scared of leaving those underneath him with no doubts of his expectations.
They won 4 flags. No one here has seen multiple pies flags in a 5 year window.

Actually they have.

Read the first line only

Is it a disgrace !!??

THE CLUB IS A JOKE A LAUGHING STOCK

BAD CULTURE

JUST CLOSE THE THREAD

Remove this Banner Ad

Back