How do you feel about the appointment?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Silvers-Mar3-7884_WEB.jpg

There's too much yellow in our ties

Tone it down a notch

We're not selling ice creams

kkcxcntdycvy.jpg

You've been on this board for long enough to know that's an unlikely event....and they might not like you referring to them as equines even though they do spout a lot of horseshit at times. (naysayers)

I love how you people who’ve been wrong about everything for about 10 years running come in after a club-wide cleanout as if that doesn’t highlight everything you were wrong about.

New coach, new CEO, new chairman, new footy ops manager.

Looks like the previous ones weren’t doing such a great job after all.
The chairman had been trying to leave for about 2 years prior but couldn’t find a suitable candidate to replace home. Fagan did a good job financially and probably thought it’s time to a new challenge in life. Change in Footy ops and coach came out of the external review. I wouldn’t say they were all doing a bad job...

I love how you people who’ve been wrong about everything for about 10 years running come in after a club-wide cleanout as if that doesn’t highlight everything you were wrong about.
You people...as compared to those that shitcan the club for everything.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, we shitcan the club over things they deserve to be shitcanned over.
LOL

The club's done plenty wrong in the last 3 or 4 years, but it's just sport for some on here to shitcan even the most insignificant things...

Remember when Rucci said the most likely candidate was Essendon's CEO, who has presided over some of their worst ever years?

And we ended up with a solid operator from successful club Hawthorn instead?

Fun times

Hey it’s not like we came last, geez
Except that we've seen the same behaviour, from the same posters, regardless of whether we were finishing minor premiers or wooden spooners. There is no correlation between ladder position and posts from these "supporters" shitcanning the club.

It was a general reference not to that particular post....c'mon you're smart enough to have worked that out.
Then there are humourless individuals like yourself who take everything way too seriously. Like when you thought Ned needed defending because I said he had skinny legs. "Well can YOU run a marathon?".

Last edited:
I canned my membership because I wanted change and it looked like wouldn't get it. With the announcement that Fagan was leaving I decided to renew my membership. Todays announcement I think is another step in the right direction. I like that we have gone for a non South Aussie person and I like that Sivers comes from a successful background in Hawthorn. But one of my personal requirements was that he /she had a strong footy ( and I mean real footy) background. So I am very hopeful that we are truly heading the right direction. Perhaps there still needs to be a few more people to be cleared out like Roo but I will stay hopeful and make a judgement next year when membership is back up for renewal.

Back