2021 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harsh on Warner. 19 disposals, 4 clearances, 3 tackles, a goal and 470 metres gained.

It's Lloyd and McInerney, what do you want from me lol

I like Warner but if his name was Ollie Florent he would be getting dragged for his kicking today. McInerney can offer us far more class.

Warner has earnt his spot for round 1, just shows how good our depth is now!

Yep, which is a weird thing to say given we are not going to be making the 8 this year but it is true. We have a lot of really talented young players and not really enough room in the team to fit all of them. We don't want to go too young in the team, but at the same time we want to get as many games into these young and talented players as possible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand but play 2s until then

I suppose, though he didn't look off the pace today. Just wasn't sure what his role was.

I'd play Warner for sure but if Lloyd and McInerney (and Stephens) come back, and Hayward is a protected species, there has to be someone cut besides Bell

I suppose, though he didn't look off the pace today. Just wasn't sure what his role was.

I'd play Warner for sure but if Lloyd and McInerney (and Stephens) come back, and Hayward is a protected species, there has to be someone cut besides Bell
Ling won’t play
Stephens won’t play IMO

jmac outside chance

Didn't see the game today.. but get the impression that McCartin is a very good key defender, Warner had another good game in the middle, Logan showed a lot after half time, Wicks did everything possible to earn a spot in rd 1 and Parker showed a lot as a forward
Was interesting listening to Horse post match.. Stephens and Mcinerney have had niggles........

From what I can gather, our future plan for the inside midfield will be Florent, Rowbottom, Warner, Mills. Theres a lot of speed, tenacity, competitiveness and foot and hand skills there.
Players like Heeney, Parker (for a few years), Blakey, McInerney, Stephens, Campbell, Gulden, Paps and others will all rotate through there.
JPK will be a teacher this year and do a lot of the heavy body work, Parker will play a lot forward (maybe at Haywoods expense?)
Hewett is interesting. Ive tipped him to be traded at the end of the year. He played in defence today which suggests to me that he is a valued member of the team, but not part of the future midfield.?..?/?

Interesting times to watch a developing team

Improved their chances today: Wicks, Warner

Torpedoed their chances today: Bell

The 3 first year kids will be in & out of the side a bit - as is the Swan’s way with youngsters. But hard to see us having a functioning forward line without McD.

Improved their chances today: Wicks, Warner

Torpedoed their chances today: Bell

The 3 first year kids will be in & out of the side a bit - as is the Swan’s way with youngsters. But hard to see us having a functioning forward line without McD.
The 3 first year and the three 2nd year kids will be in and out of the side a bit - as is the way with 95% of draftees.. And would love to see Buddy and McDonald play 10 games together this year

The 3 first year and the three 2nd year kids will be in and out of the side a bit - as is the way with 95% of draftees.. And would love to see Buddy and McDonald play 10 games together this year

It is one of the reasons I really hope Paddy McCartin can make it onto the Swans list as I would love to see McDonald as our second or third key forward for a few years, take the pressure off him to be the main focus, and give him time to develop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back