The "What Are You Watching?" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I read American Gods from go to woe a couple times so I’m invested in that TV show.
Otherwise it be stuff by brilliant writers.
Ben Mendilhnson in that skin changer show was good. He looks like a really good 50 yr old.
The last tv show that grabbed me was Westworld. That shits coming.

I read American Gods from go to woe a couple times so I’m invested in that TV show.
Otherwise it be stuff by brilliant writers.
Ben Mendilhnson in that skin changer show was good. He looks like a really good 50 yr old.
The last tv show that grabbed me was Westworld. That shits coming.

Yep, Mendelsohn was awesome in The Outsider, one I thought was really ignored for recent awards. A Stephen King property done well.

Yep, Mendelsohn was awesome in The Outsider, one I thought was really ignored for recent awards. A Stephen King property done well.

First 3 episodes were cracking, the rest of the series was meh. Mendelsohn looking overwhelmed grew tiring after a while.

Bateman's character carried it.

No wonder it was overlooked.

First 3 episodes were cracking, the rest of the series was meh. Mendelsohn looking overwhelmed grew tiring after a while.

Did you ever read the book? I probably give it more of a pass because it stayed super faithful but was able to cut out the stuff that really let the book down (ie. trying to tie it into the Mr Mercedes series).

Bateman was great too and it was clearly impacted/impactful on Ozark bringing Mark Menchaka in.

Side note, the real highlight was realising that the Latino detective was the same guy that played Bob in Seinfeld.

BruisedGoodnaturedDassie-size_restricted.gif

Did you ever read the book? I probably give it more of a pass because it stayed super faithful but was able to cut out the stuff that really let the book down (ie. trying to tie it into the Mr Mercedes series).

Bateman was great too and it was clearly impacted/impactful on Ozark bringing Mark Menchaka in.

Side note, the real highlight was realising that the Latino detective was the same guy that played Bob in Seinfeld.

View attachment 1076090

Missus read the book and said the same thing.

I'm one that, as soon as the 'monster' is revealed I lose all interest as there's no mystique anymore.

Mendelsohn's character didn't do enough to keep me interested, but on the whole the series was better than average.

Got no idea what you're on about with regard to Ozark as I didn't past the first series.

Again, I lost interest.

Actually what carries it was the dial in investigated. She tied it all together and had a bit of the shine

Missus read the book and said the same thing.

I'm one that, as soon as the 'monster' is revealed I lose all interest as there's no mystique anymore.

Mendelsohn's character didn't do enough to keep me interested, but on the whole the series was better than average.

Got no idea what you're on about with regard to Ozark as I didn't past the first series.

Again, I lost interest.

Ozark I mean certain casting and that Southern Gothic feel.

I get what you're saying though. My wife and I are mad Stephen King fans, our son is named (loosely) after a fairly obscure King character but this show we watched the first two, meh'd it and then it sat on the hard drive for four months until the mood hit, when we went the whole season.

Actually what carries it was the dial in investigated. She tied it all together and had a bit of the shine

Holly is in another show, Mr Mercedes although in that it's less she has the "shine" but is more OCD.

Also white.

Yeah I know.

Missus passed that on.

Ozark I mean certain casting and that Southern Gothic feel.

I get what you're saying though. My wife and I are mad Stephen King fans, our son is named (loosely) after a fairly obscure King character but this show we watched the first two, meh'd it and then it sat on the hard drive for four months until the mood hit, when we went the whole season.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes where Bateman's character was persecuted and the 'monster' yet to be determined, but as soon as that was resolved it lost its lustre for me.

Pretty hard to maintain that shock value it had from the first 2 episodes though.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoyed the first 3 episodes where Bateman's character was persecuted and the 'monster' yet to be determined, but as soon as that was resolved it lost its lustre for me.

Pretty hard to maintain that shock value it had from the first 2 episodes though.

Fair. That character's story was a big turn in the books as well. He needed more presence.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair. That character's story was a big turn in the books as well. He needed more presence.
But that’s the whole idea. Draw the viewer in without much idea about how the morphology of it is and then turn it into a bit of a sleuth or paranormal investigation

I wish someone had the wit to invite Terry Pratchett to join the Sweet FA before he passed away. He would have given the rest of us massive belly laughs. Don't know what he would have gained from the experience.

Anyway I am watching "Good Omens" at the moment and having many giggles. It has some cracking lines.

Apparently 20k religious nutters petitioned Netflix to drop the series because of sacrilege. All well and good but it was on Amazon. I'm pretty sure that Terry would have snorfled his coffee.

While I'm here, watching 2 shows on Netflix:
- The One - It's about a world where you can get genetic testing to find your one true match. It's thriller-type.
- 3% - Brazilian show, about a world where only 3% of people live in luxury and you do a test when you're 20 to determine which side you're on. 4 seasons, I'm on season 2 but liking the competitive element and the character development.

The Filth Wizard I finally binged The Queens Gambit and just loved it, it’s right up there with True Detective 1 which is a high bar for a short series.

I have to bump it up the list... is unfortunately a "me only" watch in my house so have to work around others.

I have to bump it up the list... is unfortunately a "me only" watch in my house so have to work around others.
Ask miss K to give it a go, not all all what I expected and very refreshing and cool. There’s no victims and no villians if you know what I mean, just a good story acted well...good entertainment.

Ask miss K to give it a go, not all all what I expected and very refreshing and cool. There’s no victims and no villians if you know what I mean, just a good story acted well...good entertainment.

I am in a lifelong battle where she hates watching anything set "in the past".

Case in point without wanting to give too much away about Wandavision but each episode initially is a homage to a particular decade's sitcom, shock horror it took until the 90's for her to say she was into the show.

Maybe I can lean in on Anya Taylor-Joy who we are a fan of.

Anyone else watched Ted Lasso? Genuinely stunned at how good this show was, not just good in terms of being about football, but the life lessons and optimism of Lasso are so brilliantly done.

Anyone else watched Ted Lasso? Genuinely stunned at how good this show was, not just good in terms of being about football, but the life lessons and optimism of Lasso are so brilliantly done.

Now this my wife loves. Obsessively. I liked it fine but she's done whole season sittings while I've slept in on some days during previous lockdowns.

I am in a lifelong battle where she hates watching anything set "in the past".

Case in point without wanting to give too much away about Wandavision but each episode initially is a homage to a particular decade's sitcom, shock horror it took until the 90's for her to say she was into the show.

Maybe I can lean in on Anya Taylor-Joy who we are a fan of.
I get where she's coming from, but it really doesn't have that past feel to it. Brilliant series.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back