The "What Are You Watching?" Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Grand Uncle Horace slowly making my way through season 1 of the expanse, so far it's mostly good, a couple of dips, but i've been told it's worth sticking with.

Hope you persist and enjoy. It is a really messy show with lots of story lines. Am about to rewatch S.5.

Hope you persist and enjoy. It is a really messy show with lots of story lines. Am about to rewatch S.5.

i will, loved the first book, but got put off when i realized it was a pretty big series. I've been looking for a good sci-fi show.

i will, loved the first book, but got put off when i realized it was a pretty big series. I've been looking for a good sci-fi show.

Hope you enjoy it half as much as I have. Amos is my favourite character

Last night I may just watched the biggest turkey film of all time. "Lift Off" with Nick Cage on Netflix. I have watched all manner of crap but this took the cake.

:musicnotes: Remember the face, all together now // Real friends are beneath the skin // Picture the unknown because it feels good // No entry will clash with come in
Lift Off land is a magical place // But who can say just where it is? // Don't ask the Backsacks nor Mr Fish // Coz they'll say it's none of your biz.
Come on and Lift Off // With Lotus and EC, Beverly, Rocky and Us //
We've opened our eyes and we're flying up high // And were wanting, we're really wanting you to Lift Off
With Lotus and EC, Beverly Rocky and All // With stories to tell and and a world as well // And a how do you do, Wackadoo! :musicnotes:

been watching rake, it's good

MWPP por_please_ya your match threads inspired me last night :D

View attachment 1069108

I forgot how terrific the first movie is 👍🏻
Completely lost interest in the consecutive ones but Philosophers Stone is mint.
Haha, love it! :D
Yes, the first movie was a fantastic introduction. I miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore :(

Haha, love it! :D
Yes, the first movie was a fantastic introduction. I miss Richard Harris as Dumbledore :(
Yeah a few of the HP actors have died.
The first time we saw quidditch bought to life on the screen, it was so fun! Really well visualised imo.

56310FD3-82DE-4520-8083-8B0171FFD4F6.jpeg FD0760FA-2396-48B7-BAD5-2DAC270129A7.jpeg

My kids were the absolute perfect age to enjoy it all too so it was a great family thing, the books and movies. I dunno if we’ll see that again now it’s all phones and games.

The first time we saw quidditch bought to life on the screen, it was so fun! Really well visualised imo.

View attachment 1069149View attachment 1069154

My kids were the absolute perfect age to enjoy it all too so it was a great family thing, the books and movies. I dunno if we’ll see that again now it’s all phones and games.
Yeah, they still try and keep the fandom alive but it'll never be like it was when the later books were still being written and published and the movies were slowly coming out. That was an epic time to be a HP fan.

Yeah, they still try and keep the fandom alive but it'll never be like it was when the later books were still being written and published and the movies were slowly coming out. That was an epic time to be a HP fan.
I wasnt really a huge fan, I loved the first book and first movie but to me they went to crap quickly after that. I stayed invested tho coz the kids loved it, I dont think I’ve seen the last 2 movies still.

View attachment 1069149View attachment 1069154

Nice TV Woosh ;)

Nice TV Woosh ;)
After nearly a year without I now have it on 24/7 even if it’s just on aquarium mode 😂
Still haven't watched any netflix series, started watching some haunted thingy one and got bored.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aww Wosh I hope you enjoyed the first movie :)
and consider giving the other movies /books another crack
each time I rewatch or reread there’s at least another nuance that I pick up

I agree re: Harris of course - Gambon’s depiction was much less canon :(
Vale :(

I love the fireplace under your TV too Wosh
-Looks perfect for floo powder too

Aww Wosh I hope you enjoyed the first movie :)
and consider giving the other movies /books another crack
each time I rewatch or reread there’s at least another nuance that I pick up

I agree re: Harris of course - Gambon’s depiction was much less canon :(
Vale :(

I love the fireplace under your TV too Wosh
-Looks perfect for floo powder too
Fireplace is just an old one from an OP shop we fixed up and painted ourselves :D
I’ll probably watch the second movie, maybe even tonight, I don’t have the books anymore they’re at my daughters place. I don't know if I could read them again.

Fireplace is just an old one from an OP shop we fixed up and painted ourselves.
I’ll probably watch the second movie, maybe even tonight, I don’t have the books anymore they’re at my daughters place. I don't know if I could read them again.
if you do - enjoy
The second book is my least favourite but I have a soft spot for the second movie :)

Got around to watching Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Movie was a bit hit and miss but I found Sam Rockwell's character extremely interesting as I know there was a lot of controversy about his redemption arc. He's a racist character that is racist out of ignorance rather than out of hatred, he's a grown man living with his racist mother in the South and I doubt he's ever left Missouri. Thought it was an interesting three-dimensional depiction rather than just a caricature. I found the lack of consequences for both his character and Frances McDormand's quite unrealistic because I don't think the director really nailed the balance between dark comedy and emotional drama.

Got around to watching Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.

Movie was a bit hit and miss but I found Sam Rockwell's character extremely interesting as I know there was a lot of controversy about his redemption arc. He's a racist character that is racist out of ignorance rather than out of hatred, he's a grown man living with his racist mother in the South and I doubt he's ever left Missouri. Thought it was an interesting three-dimensional depiction rather than just a caricature. I found the lack of consequences for both his character and Frances McDormand's quite unrealistic because I don't think the director really nailed the balance between dark comedy and emotional drama.
I enjoyed it but all your points were valid.

If you get a chance Frances McDormand's latest performance in Nomadland is well worth a watch.

I enjoyed it but all your points were valid.

If you get a chance Frances McDormand's latest performance in Nomadland is well worth a watch.

I definitely still liked it, I just think I had high expectations with all the hype around it when it came out.

Will give it a watch, every McDormand performance I've seen has been terrific, even though it's only a few films atm (Fargo, Burn After Reading, Three Billboards).

I’m watching Wolf of Wall Street right now, not always a massive Leo fan but this is a great movie even after several viewings. Anything with Jonah Hill in it tho is gonna be great, absolutely love his work.
I’m at the part where the lemon quaaludes are just taking effect 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back