Autopsy Round 4 = Collingwood 60-90 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I only watched the second half. Was Quaynor on Greene in the first half as well. Why the hell wasn't Maynard on him?
Quaynor was on Greene in the first half, have no idea

If we put the intensity shown in second half earlier we win. Never going to win with the pathetic lack of effort shown in the first half. Much like the dogs game if we’re not on we’re terrible.

I liked the pregame move of Madgen to a wing and the moves of Hoskin-Elliott (wing), Mayne (defence) and Daicos (centre) in the second half.

Too little too late though.

We can't score, average midfield and poor fwds.

I'd say this is as poor a performance as we've put up for a long time but sadly not even that is true and this sort of effort from our boys is something we're seeing much more than anyone connected with or who supports the club would like.

We are not contending for anything this season the way things are going, so it's time to start playing the kids for better or for worse. Buckley needs to take a good hard look at himself and figure out whether he is hanging onto the coaching job for "the good of the team", or for himself because he feels he can't let go even in an untenable situation on a ship that is rapidly sinking.

Last edited:
Your happy to tank the one year it benefits another side, we could of tanked last year and actually benefited from it but had to grind out an enevitable finals exit.

This year given no bloody picks in the draft is the absolute worst season to tank, it will benefit GWS more then us!
I'm not talking about draft picks. Our shiezenhousen footy department would botch whatever picks we get anyway

I only watched the second half. Was Quaynor on Greene in the first half as well. Why the hell wasn't Maynard on him?

Maynard has been just as much of a poison pill for us as anyone so far this year - he has regressed significantly in almost every aspect of his game, which is just one of the many things which has led to us being in the position we are now in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Old list with very little youth and a desperate coach trying to squeeze water from a rock.

Pendles is done
Greenwood is done
Sidebottom is done
Mayne is done
WHE is horrible
Thomas is horrible
Brown is horrible
Sier is horrible

Grundy is mediocre at best
De Goey is extremely overrated

Mcreery and Quaynor were okay, i guess that's a positive.

Moore good
agree but for:
Quaynor is a good kid bit he got badly exposed tonight.
Pendles is not done.
Grundy is a gun, albeit overrated and a horribly over paid one.
Unfortunately I think Sidey might be done unless we can afford to move him forward permanently. Has good forward craft but as a mid I agree.. done.

I assumed Bucks is trying to get fired, took until Greene’s 5th goal for the logical match up of Maynard to happen.

He has owned Greene several times before and it take until halfway through 3rd qtr for that to happen.

It gets better, for the first half Maynard played on Finlayson, if anyone can make sense of that please let me know.

Positives: Whatever "forward footy: hunt!" is I like it. You could see it on a board in the pies dugout at one point in the broadcast. That was when that sort of surge happened towards the end of the third and beginning of the 4th.

Just not enough. The Giants have been a bogey team to us, and we don't play well in the rain either; would the margin have been different at marvel under the roof? I don't know. But it's something to think about.

Anyway this might be the season from here on out. The passengers were passengers, the young hopefuls not quite good enough, and the ability to convey the ball from one end of the ground to the other is lacking. Rain or not the simple kick/mark handball/receive skills seem... substandard.

But hey, Eagles next week... yay?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back