Autopsy Round 4 = Collingwood 60-90 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Fans dreaming of Clarko replacing Bucks are kidding themselves.

Why on Earth would Clarko come to Collingwood? We have a terrible list, no salary cap room or picks to rebuild with and a crap administration.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We should poach Dew from GC. Surely we can pay more and he'll have better facilities and can live in Melb...

People keep saying Grundy was ordinary but won the taps the fact we can't capitalise on that is poor coaching nothing more nothing less, maybe the issue is the list managers deciding to value winning the taps at 1 mill a year. Also the JDG criticism maybe again it is our system can't utilise our good players. I for one thought Treloar was over rated (did think we treated him poor this year) but he is thriving at Dogs and actually hitting targets what does that tell us. Is it players or coaching?
Did you watch the game or just pluck out some stats, Grundy was a passenger around the ground, dropped marks fumbled it continuously. This has been a trend for the best part of 12 months

Pies were poised to over run the Giants early last qtr, and then, nothing. A few inside 50 passes that were not marked, and an inability to exploit advantages at stoppages, and a general ennui across the board. Giants showed a stronger will and better organization when it mattered. A pathetic surrender in the end. The Vichy regime needs to be fully replaced at the earliest convenience.

Sorry for the intrusion. Is the general consensus between pies fans now would be a good time to move on from the majority of the past admin given eddies gone? Stephenson and Treloar are thriving which is bad press and there is some good assistant coaches worth given a crack (Pike, Kingsley, Gia)

Not sure Stephenson is thriving...

Treloar was always a good player. Who should be still be playing for us. But the dodos in list management just royally stuffed his contract. Good luck to him as we treated him like cr@p.

But yeah even disregarding that it’s time for the club to clean house. Coaching, list management, drafting, even board positions...

Try to bring in Mitchell or similar as senior coach and poach some decent assistants.

I mean did anyone think tonight would go any other way?

A low scoring, sloppy no skill match. That's the Collingwood way against GWS.

It's time for a full clean out from top to bottom.

Thought Maybe did okay, but he is hated here so to be expected. Also thought josh thomas and WHE actually had some important moments.

We just get destroyed on the rebound. Whenever a team moves quick from defense we have nothing. And without a forward line to speak of there is a lot of rebound happening.

I wish people would stop ragging on individual players when it's the gameplan that is the major issue. Yes we have passengers. But we are playing worse than our list.

It's over, get to the bye and I reckon the decision for at least bucks to go should be made. I would rather a caretaker jumps on, can play the kids with no media bullshit and can see which senior players want to put some effort back in to remain part of the future plans.

Not normally a fan of sacking mid season but I think this year was poisoned before it even begun. We just need a refresh and to let the media have it's field day rather than stretch this out until august.

Sorry for the intrusion. Is the general consensus between pies fans now would be a good time to move on from the majority of the past admin given eddies gone? Stephenson and Treloar are thriving which is bad press and there is some good assistant coaches worth given a crack (Pike, Kingsley, Gia)

Yes the general consensus has been a full clean out is needed. Games like tonight are not helping the sentiment change.

Tackles are overrated. I watched Beau closely and he never once ran a player down or forced a hurried clearance with his alleged footspeed. At least four of those tackles were the type you see when the ball is destined to be carried over the boundary line and the player wraps up his opponent and forces him over. I was hoping to see electric pace and a few run downs. He looked mid paced to me. Very gutsy and did a very clever handpass in the middle at one stage but I didn't see anything to get excited about.

Go rewatch the Madgen goal.
Beau tackles.
Deliberate out of bounds.
Madgen goals.

We play boring, slow, s**t footy until we have no choice because we are nearly out of the game and then we take it on, have a crack and play a little like 2018.

Our list is not good, it has holes but we are not playing a brand of footy that will take us anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grundy & JDG were horrible.

15% of our salary gave us nothing.

The absolute disgust i have for these two, we were around a premiership and they decided their pockets were more important than their quality team mates. How you feeling now fellas?

DeGoey is officially the most over rated and over paid player in the competition. Grundy is not far behind him.

We've got absolutely nothing to gain by tanking...

Better second round pick? Or did we burn that too? I was nervous when we shopped out our first rounder because pick 1 is still possible. And that’s no longer ours even if we get it.

Old list with very little youth and a desperate coach trying to squeeze water from a rock.

Pendles is done
Greenwood is done
Sidebottom is done
Mayne is done
WHE is horrible
Thomas is horrible
Brown is horrible
Sier is horrible

Grundy is mediocre at best
De Goey is extremely overrated

Mcreery and Quaynor were okay, i guess that's a positive.

Moore good

Quaynor got shat on by Greene didn’t he?

Your seriously laying into Pendles. Of all people him.

Our midfield is our #1 problem right now and he's a massive part of that. Just like with WHE for the past 2 years, some players can live off reputation and supporters like u can't see them struggling until the commentators start pointing it out.

This club's immediate future, say the next three years, is grim and will include a spoon. Our list is heading for worst in league shape, and I really have no read on our youth as we refuse to play them.

It's not just our list of course. Gameplan, direction, skills, coaching, heart. All are deficient. The problems are systemic.

Unfortunately it has reached the point where I can't engage emotionally until there is a sign our club realises where it is. It's decisions over the last years clearly indicate it has no idea where it is, in topping up on players who are supposed to be icing when we have no cake and trading out picks in swaps where we are swapping with clubs on the rise when we are in freefall. An objective view from outside is our only hope, and my only hope at the moment is that Graham Wright is currently laying it on the line to our CEO and board that our football department does not resemble the football department of a competent football club and needs a complete scorched earth treatment.

This year will be shithouse to watch. The only consolation will be occasional sparks from individual young players when given their shot, if they are given a shot. But no mistake, these are grim times.

My biggest bugbear about the whole off season shamozzle is that they put us in a position where we have no depth whatsoever, then decided to trade out our first rounder in a really highly rated draft. Clear the decks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back