Autopsy Round 4 = Collingwood 60-90 GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

How can you capitalize on a ball which has been dropped at the feet of the ruckmen in a congested pack?
Fine not looking for massive argument about i am assuming you think he is overpaid, and assume you at least think he is getting first hands on ball maybe he needs to be taught better tap work?

Some people are suggesting that we have no salary cap room.How on earth do they know this.?We just cleared about one quarter of our playing list last year.Are they saying that we were three million dollars over the cap last year?

Fine not looking for massive argument about i am assuming you think he is overpaid, and assume you at least think he is getting first hands on ball maybe he needs to be taught better tap work?
I think there are ruckmen playing suburban footy with more footy nous than Brodie.

Bucks presser

We're pretty disappointed. We got belted up at contested Ball which we pride ourselves on, which we haven't been consistent at over the first month of the seasons.

Tonight was different in that we had more inside 50s. At one stage GWS had 12 goals from about 40 entries, so we didn't defend as good as we should. What do we put this down to? We didn't win enough contests.

In the third quarter it looked like we were going to be able to grind a result out.

The last ten minutes was really disappointing. The game was there to be set up in the first half. Not clean enough, not hard enough.

We were poor in round 1, played OK for the most part of round 3. Got ground (work rate) out of Round 3 and again tonight.

Need more intensity on the ground and in the air.

Do we make changes at selection and what are our options? (question asked): We don't sit on our hands. We think we have selected our best team to get results and we haven't. We have to look at that, but alluded to the fact it might not just be personnel.

Quick turnaround (6 days) to Perth.

Asked about IQ/Maynard. Gave IQ first look at Greene. Isaac played well in patches, wasn't helped by some bad turnovers. Did become clear they needed to make the switch, and suggested IQ will learn a lot.

Asked about I50 transition. Bucks suggested GWS played heavily man on man, but we had some good entries, and still unable to score. So something we need to address.

Fox Footy cut away from the presser before it finished.

Apologies if any errors, typing on phone!

I mean did anyone think tonight would go any other way?

A low scoring, sloppy no skill match. That's the Collingwood way against GWS.

It's time for a full clean out from top to bottom.

Thought Maybe did okay, but he is hated here so to be expected. Also thought josh thomas and WHE actually had some important moments.

We just get destroyed on the rebound. Whenever a team moves quick from defense we have nothing. And without a forward line to speak of there is a lot of rebound happening.

I wish people would stop ragging on individual players when it's the gameplan that is the major issue. Yes we have passengers. But we are playing worse than our list.

It's over, get to the bye and I reckon the decision for at least bucks to go should be made. I would rather a caretaker jumps on, can play the kids with no media bullshit and can see which senior players want to put some effort back in to remain part of the future plans.

Not normally a fan of sacking mid season but I think this year was poisoned before it even begun. We just need a refresh and to let the media have it's field day rather than stretch this out until august.

yep. our gameplan killed us tonight
you are right - we are playing worse than our list

That was dire. Looks like a horror year ahead.

We can’t just play the kids for the sake of it. We need to control their entry into the competition. The new kids have had no exposure, with no VFL, which thank God starts next week. We’ll see more of the new bunch over the next six or so games, and then we’ll have a better idea of what we have. I was keen to see McCreery and he didn’t disappoint.

I’m more concerned about the guys who’ve been with us for 2-4 years and dont seem to be pushing through - Wilson, Tohill, Keane (1 game), Murphy (2 games), Rantall, Bianca, Kelly (2 games). That’s a lot of listed players for very little return.

The list has structural problems.

Some people are suggesting that we have no salary cap room.How on earth do they know this.?We just cleared about one quarter of our playing list last year.Are they saying that we were three million dollars over the cap last year?
Grundy, Moore, Degoey, checkers, daicos etc all got pay rises.

What ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fans dreaming of Clarko replacing Bucks are kidding themselves.

Why on Earth would Clarko come to Collingwood? We have a terrible list, no salary cap room or picks to rebuild with and a crap administration.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

yep that’s probably the reality right there.

I wish the board could show some guts and let Bucks know right now that he's unlikely to get another contract and could he please play some more youth, so that the new incoming coach can see where the list is at.
I don't think there's much to be gained by sacking any coach during the season, but there could be a lot to be gained by the board issuing a directive for the departing coach to focus on a rebuild now.

That would effectively be a mid-season sacking, which would be fine

The rot started back when Eddie shafted one of the most respected administrators in football to bring back his mate Gubby Allen. We followed that up with 3-4 other decisions that will undermine our club for at least half a decade.

Our only hope of a quick rebound is if the 2020 draft class absolutely kill it and we nail free agency.

In my opinion we are missing the following pieces to be a top 4 side (in order of importance) -

- 2 elite midfielders
- A genuine small crumbing forward
- A true CHF

SHANE MUMFORD HAD 3 CENTER CLEARANCES.

SHANE MUMFORD FFS.

The rot started back when Eddie shafted one of the most respected administrators in football to bring back his mate Gubby Allen. We followed that up with 3-4 other decisions that will undermine our club for at least half a decade.

Our only hope of a quick rebound is if the 2020 draft class absolutely kill it and we nail free agency.

In my opinion we are missing the following pieces to be a top 4 side (in order of importance) -

- 2 elite midfielders
- A genuine small crumbing forward
- A true CHF
We are missing two KPF. Just a couple of small holes to fix

I assumed Bucks is trying to get fired, took until Greene’s 5th goal for the logical match up of Maynard to happen.

He has owned Greene several times before and it take until halfway through 3rd qtr for that to happen.

It gets better, for the first half Maynard played on Finlayson, if anyone can make sense of that please let me know.
Noble was on him for a while in the second quarter. That didn't work either, as Greene just brushed him aside. What amused me was the commentators banging on about how great Quaynor was while Greene kicked 3 goals on him. ('It's not Quaynor's fault. He's done everything right!'}

Quaynor was doing what he always does - playing off his man, guarding him from 4 or 5 metres away. He is good overhead, and creative with his run and disposal, but he should be allowed to play loose on a lesser opponent.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back