Game Day Round 4, 2021: Fremantle v Hawthorn, 11 April 2021, 4.40pm AEST @ Optus Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘yep the goal assist was just dumb luck. This is how we should be using our very mobile talls, TOB Lewis and Kosi all decent field kicks

btw Healey usually says how the losing team can get back in the game, unless it’s the hawks of course.

Of all the Hawk haters Healey is #1

We have no half forward line. They're either sitting deep waiting for the high bomb to the top of the square or they're pushing up to the half back line to provide a stationary target.

We can get it to the half way spot, but that next kick is not there because there's no one presenting to the kicker because of above.

We aren't doing too badly considering the inside 50's are 34-20 in their favour, we are doing okay once we get it up there, they seem to be focusing too much on specific players for us and we have some young kids or midfielders getting opportunities. Missing Sicily in a big way for this match.

Commentators make me want to stick a knife in my ear, unfortunately I'm not in charge of the remote.

If someone noticed at just before the 7 min 40 second mark on the TV, Mitchell decided to kick to a one on one contest where we got a goal.

It is a very important moment. He kicked it at least 45m easily, it went above 3m in the air amazingly... but more importantly he didn't, run around in a circle to get back on his left he kicked it on his right!!! B4 that in the quarter his foot disposal like Worpels was below VFL standard, after that it gave him the confidence to get the footy and move it on. I've been very annoyed about his refusal to kick on the right. If he's practiced it this week then I will praise him.

It was probably the moment the game momentum changed for us, that and having Phillips be a tall enough footballer who can actually take a mark in the centre square with a loopy kick under pressure unlike the rest of our short people.

Our rucks are still getting schooled though. Bruest for the second week in a row looks like he's non competitive. I understand Brocky, Moore being that but Bruest is an 'A' grader not sure what's wrong. Scrimsahw look away handpass to the opposition under little pressure... mmm. Too many today for a bloke who can hit a dime by foot over 60m away.

Anyway we are in striking distance, however the score truly does flatter us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the effort that quarter but it is still not a sustainable game plan to win games.

Skills were bad and the ball movement is still woeful. We seem to be very much back to just grinding out games and hoping to bring the other team to our level.
We are like Homer Simpson when he was fighting those bums in the boxing ring.

As long as we don't get in a game of football and grind it out we are actually in with a shot for most matches

We need Moe Syslak to coach our team at the moment!

We have no half forward line. They're either sitting deep waiting for the high bomb to the top of the square or they're pushing up to the half back line to provide a stationary target.

We can get it to the half way spot, but that next kick is not there because there's no one presenting to the kicker because of above.
I mentioned to my boys (we are right behind goals) watch Freo forwards lead continuously & watch ours stand there with hands in the air
Absolutely no movement at all

‘yep we could play two CHFs with dangerous smalls at their feet. Then the other pair run on for the Joe the goose

I mentioned to my boys (we are right behind goals) watch Freo forwards lead continuously & watch ours stand there with hands in the air
Absolutely no movement at all

We have played that way for years unfortunately. Almost as if we are coached to play this way, which others will disagree with. But given it's literally been years it's hard to argue against.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back