Opinion Changes vs lions

Remove this Banner Ad

SPP in, Drew to sub. Woodcock works his ass off. He’s one of the reasons we could get through saints press. His gut running between half forward and half back was amazing. Even if he wasn’t used he runs to draw a defender. Underrated performance last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm comfortable to remain the same, always stuff to work on, but everyone was well involved.
SPP has only had 2 games back? Give him another and have him fired up to smash some crows

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I've only seen the first quarter of the maggies game so far but SPP seemed to be just kicking and hoping rather than trying to hit targets.
Did that improve?

AFAIK its always been a weakness of his game and I'm enjoying our AFL teams hitting of targets just now.
He had some nice moments with the ball as the game progressed. What was impressive about SPP's game was his dominance in the contested space to gain territory or feed the runners. Also laid eight tackles including a goal saving effort and a ferocious tackle that halted the momentum of a Glenelg attack. Against Brisbane he could be crucial in at least neutralizing the clearance battle but I would understand if we stuck with Drew. I am not necessarily a fan of taking out Woodcock for SPP for two reasons. 1) Woodcock is playing solid football and is fitting in really well as a high half forward who helps link play 2) I always feel we look better as a unit without the extra big body in the rotation.

Breaker Breaker....just wondering for my fantasy team if Jones is injured or dropped? anyone know if he'll be playing any time soon?

Does Bonner come straight back in or through ressies??
SANFL and if he can dominate on the wing he could be the wing rotation for Amon/Houston (until Duursma returns). I just don't trust Bonner anywhere across the back 6 as he seems to lack the intensity in 50/50 contests that you need when you defend as high as we do.

SPP for Drew more like-for-like than SPP for Woodcock imo. Don't think we need to go too inside mid heavy, especially if we're playing Houston there now.

Also I can only assume any call to bring in Farrell is a bad joke.
Woodcock came in for Butters and incidentally when Boyd’s on the field he always seems busy - a Zac trait. Woodcock is providing adequate presence for the injury recovering Butters.

i think the sooner we get SPP in the better, only the coaching staff would know his exact fitness levels, he's the player we need in the midfield against the better teams to stop the momentum buy inserting him as the enforcer in the midfield to crash through and get the ball going our way
I don’t think fitness is the or his issue, needs an extended run in the magoos. Even after his match against the Bays, we aren’t crying out for him at the moment and he needs to understand this is the level he is destined for if he doesn’t pull his head in. Some tough love for another 2-3 weeks.

Woodcock came in for Butters and incidentally when Boyd’s on the field he always seems busy - a Zac trait. Woodcock is providing adequate presence for the injury recovering Butters.
Going to be a good Robbie replacement in a couple of years - although two different players and you will never truely replace a player of Grays ilk

If Pep is ready, Pep comes in. He can play forward and mid and save us a rotation on the bench. He makes us a better team, the same way I’d expect Butters and Duursma to play as soon as they’ve got touch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back