Preview Round 8 2021—Richmond v Geelong, Friday May 7, 7:50pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mitch Cleary claiming Ratugolea is playing this weekend. Cats board very divided over his value as a ruckman. Has a VERY ordinary record.
Most posters unsure whether he is replacing Stanley or included to supplement him. Nank will kill them both !!!
Cats backline hate the pressure. Not sure we should go tall as much as I would luv to see CCJ get a run.

Bloody hell I hope not! Ratta is a chaos machine on his own...sole cat version of the Tiger chaos plays...could do anything against us...kick 6 goals or 6 points!
I can see why scotty does not play him more often just does not suit their style of chip...chip...kick...chip plays...slow...slow...easy does it!
Totally unpredictable player...warning, warning, danger will robinson danger!

Wait, is that pic of the cats watching the grand final at training legit?

because if so....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAA

HAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Surely not.... No, it’s photoshopped, right??!!

If Ratugolea is in, it does cause us come headaches he normally plays well against us, we don't have a natural match-up for him at the best of times. Assuming he is coming in Broad will probably have to play undersized on him? Balta will get Cameron, Astbury to Hawkins, Broad to Esava when he's forward and that leaves Vlaustin to pick up Rohan which isn't ideal pace wise but I'm sure we will try to free up Floss to get across and help the key backs leaving Short/Houli to pick up Rohan.

I think it's unlikely Ratugolea comes in purely to ruck, I imagine it's mainly to stretch our backline.

If Ratugolea is in, it does cause us come headaches he normally plays well against us, we don't have a natural match-up for him at the best of times. Assuming he is coming in Broad will probably have to play undersized on him? Balta will get Cameron, Astbury to Hawkins, Broad to Esava when he's forward and that leaves Vlaustin to pick up Rohan which isn't ideal pace wise but I'm sure we will try to free up Floss to get across and help the key backs leaving Short/Houli to pick up Rohan.

I think it's unlikely Ratugolea comes in purely to ruck, I imagine it's mainly to stretch our backline.
Why not Broad to Cameron & Astbury to Hawkins ????

If they bring in Ratugolea it's pretty obvious what gameplan they are going to try to implement....................

kick mark kick mark kick mark kick mark kick mark and on and on and on

If they play that and are lucky enough to lead at half time it won't be by much and then we will just steamroll them in the second half like we always do.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good chance Selwood is thinking the same thing.
There is a excellent chance that Selwood shorter team mates will try to get side on and then lower there legs in the tackle in attempt to milk (high) free kicks (Port did this). Umpires loving this tactic for granting free to the ball holder as the player does not "duck".

The best defensive response as executed by Nank the Tank last weekend is to tackle the lower arm around the ball. If the ball carrier raises his arms, the tackle ribs as hard as you can.

Why not Broad to Cameron & Astbury to Hawkins ????

It's an option for sure, I just think they'll give Balta/Astbury the oppo's no.1 and 2 forwards like they do every week. Broad doesn't usually get one of the opposition's best big forwards, he normally plays small or gets the 3rd tall. Will be interesting to see how the match-ups play out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back