Preview Sydney Swans vs Fremantle Dockers, Saturday May 22 @ Optus Stadium - Rd 10

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first of 3 really critical games against Freo, Carlton and St.Kilda for our finals push. Those three are 10th, 11th, and 12th currently on the ladder and they're all going to be pushing for our spot. If we beat all three of them, we get that little bit more breathing space in the run home.
If we beat all 3, finals is in the bag. Just not sure we can back it up 3 weeks in a row, especially against 3 teams who despite being shite, pull out the odd blinder. Raffle for which one ends up like the GC game.

If we beat all 3, finals is in the bag. Just not sure we can back it up 3 weeks in a row, especially against 3 teams who despite being sh*te, pull out the odd blinder. Raffle for which one ends up like the GC game.

Saints.

It's imperative we win the next four games to help solidify our spot in the top 8. All 4 teams are gettable but our inability to win games we should is still an issue (hello Suns).

Our record against Freo in WA is hardly cause for celebration, so yeah, I can absolutely see why they want our strongest team in. I'm sweating on Heeney pulling up okay and playing, and I'm really hoping that we can actually name an unchanged side for this game. Would be the first time this year I think if that happened.

It's imperative we win the next four games to help solidify our spot in the top 8. All 4 teams are gettable but our inability to win games we should is still an issue (hello Suns).

Our record against Freo in WA is hardly cause for celebration, so yeah, I can absolutely see why they want our strongest team in. I'm sweating on Heeney pulling up okay and playing, and I'm really hoping that we can actually name an unchanged side for this game. Would be the first time this year I think if that happened.

Would be nice to be unchanged this week, although I have deep, deep PTSD from the absolutely horrid misstep by Horse & co last year the last time we went into a game unchanged.

We can beat West Coast in a tight one (or at least keep it tight) over there, but I cant recall the last time we beat Freo in Perth lel. But at least we only lost by 1 to them over there 2 years ago but wasn't exactly champagne footy.
Every time we play them over there recently the games have been :poov1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every time we play them over there recently the games have been :poov1:
Yep!
6 & 4 we will be after a tough game & then the long flight back to provide us with the excuse for the home loss to Carlton, 6 & 5 it will be.

What should be two very winnable games against bottom 8 teams will be a thorn in our season..
Potentially 8 & 3, more than likely 6 & 5 at the half way mark.

Yep!
6 & 4 we will be after a tough game & then the long flight back to provide us with the excuse for the home loss to Carlton, 6 & 5 it will be.

What should be two very winnable games against bottom 8 teams will be a thorn in our season..
Potentially 8 & 3, more than likely 6 & 5 at the half way mark.
I actually think these next two games will define whether we are finals bound or not. I think we should win at least 1 of 2 if we are a realistic chance.

This is the first of 3 really critical games against Freo, Carlton and St.Kilda for our finals push. Those three are 10th, 11th, and 12th currently on the ladder and they're all going to be pushing for our spot. If we beat all three of them, we get that little bit more breathing space in the run home.
As long as we beat Carlton. Honourable losses in the other two are fine as long as we beat them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back