EDFL Premier Div 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
View attachment 1134982
Not many would of predicted this at the start of the year!
Good to finally see an even spread at the top of the ladder.
When will the edfl wake up and support the lower clubs in Premier league as the gap between top-3 and the bottom half is huge don’t worry about senior footy have a close look at the reserves and 18 comp the Glenroys Craigeburn EDS Avondale have-no depth the comp is not balanced and the gap is widening as the point system only supports 3 clubs
The EDFL need to cap the number of teams to a max 2 per club for the survival of the competition to remain a float with the current clubs otherwise the clubs that are currently with no juniors will need to merge to survive as Premier league the gap between 1st and 10 ranges from 2 goals to 40 goals on any given Saturday

When will the edfl wake up and support the lower clubs in Premier league as the gap between top-3 and the bottom half is huge don’t worry about senior footy have a close look at the reserves and 18 comp the Glenroys Craigeburn EDS Avondale have-no depth the comp is not balanced and the gap is widening as the point system only supports 3 clubs
The EDFL need to cap the number of teams to a max 2 per club for the survival of the competition to remain a float with the current clubs otherwise the clubs that are currently with no juniors will need to merge to survive as Premier league the gap between 1st and 10 ranges from 2 goals to 40 goals on any given Saturday
Hearing you but the big 3 clubs run the league. Well there is a big 2 in Keilor & Strathmore. Abers losing respect in my eyes after things I’ve been hearing and witnessing of late.

Craigieburn only has themselves to blame imo as they are in a large catchment area unlike the other 3 you mentioned.

Hearing you but the big 3 clubs run the league. Well there is a big 2 in Keilor & Strathmore. Abers losing respect in my eyes after things I’ve been hearing and witnessing of late.

Craigieburn only has themselves to blame imo as they are in a large catchment area unlike the other 3 you mentioned.
Turbo smell the roses it’s not about potting clubs the EDFL and all the clubs need to sort it out otherwise within 5 years there will a metro comp between NFL east west and EdFl the competition will not survive unless changes are made think about before you blame successful clubs like keilor and mores and Abers

Turbo everyone thinks that Craigieburn have a huge catchment area but if you look at the demographic of people there is not a lot of Aussie rules families they are more into Soccer .Also a lot of single parent families with not a lot of spare cash for kids to play sport .

Turbo everyone thinks that Craigieburn have a huge catchment area but if you look at the demographic of people there is not a lot of Aussie rules families they are more into Soccer .Also a lot of single parent families with not a lot of spare cash for kids to play sport .
Yeah mate I kind of agree with you but regarding cash flow especially post Covid, why don’t they do reduced memberships if they think that could entice more families in.
I’m also aware the extra travel on the freeway in peak hour has an impact on recruitment from areas outside the radius. Traffic jams on western ring etc is crazy and frustrating..Even going to Glenroy, Pacco, Sunbury, Hillside etc can be extremely frustrating in peak traffic.
But still think it’s in part there own doing as they have dropped off a bit. Even Greenvale juniors don’t seem to be travelling as well as say 5 years ago.

Yeah mate I kind of agree with you but regarding cash flow especially post Covid, why don’t they do reduced memberships if they think that could entice more families in.
I’m also aware the extra travel on the freeway in peak hour has an impact on recruitment from areas outside the radius. Traffic jams on western ring etc is crazy and frustrating..Even going to Glenroy, Pacco, Sunbury, Hillside etc can be extremely frustrating in peak traffic.
But still think it’s in part there own doing as they have dropped off a bit. Even Greenvale juniors don’t seem to be travelling as well as say 5 years ago.

the landscape has changed turbo and it is far more evident in certain areas than others perhaps based on socio economic factors. offering lower priced memberships is counter productive and only serves to lessen the value* and potentially the experience for kidsYes you could offer lower memberships, but the answer lies in the sum of the parts from club, association, council, state Govt, and finally AFL. Some Clubs can only do so much with limited resources.
* less income means tightening up on other areas, such as footballs, medical equipment, canteen, functions, all of which are necessary and add to the experience

but having said that, some clubs obviously do it better than others.

Turbo I agree in part with you but it would not matter if the Dollar aspect was less ,if most of the population are into the round ball game then poor old craigieburn have bugger all chance of enticing the kids and their parents across to aussie rules. I would like to know how the hume bombers are going for numbers as they have been set up as a junior multi cultural club right form the start

Turbo I agree in part with you but it would not matter if the Dollar aspect was less ,if most of the population are into the round ball game then poor old craigieburn have bugger all chance of enticing the kids and their parents across to aussie rules. I would like to know how the hume bombers are going for numbers as they have been set up as a junior multi cultural club right form the start
Agree the AFL Vic have a lot to answer for in all this! They do nothing whereas soccer is very proactive in marketing there game.

100 % all the afl and afl vic care about is the elite levels and all the rest are just cash cows
The AFL AFL vic have stuffed up the elite junior program so don’t expect them to do a good job at local level. The NAB league was the best junior comp for the elite juniors now it’s just an also ran comp and the elite school footy is now the number 1 priority for AFL vic/AFL and it’s hurting kids that don’t attend those schools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patty rose clearance lodged back to Avondale, interesting to see if Taylors lakes clear him or not. Very handy pick up at this time of year, might not be the same player he once was but will still take the best defender each week which will help their other forwards
How do you give a bathroom reno back as a sign on? Bath tubs are hard to give back once installed.

Patty rose clearance lodged back to Avondale, interesting to see if Taylors lakes clear him or not. Very handy pick up at this time of year, might not be the same player he once was but will still take the best defender each week which will help their other forwards

That’s not showing up in EDFL website yet, I’d say Taylors Lakes refuse to clear him given he’s contracted... he is the only hope they have of not being relegated!
Unless they concede they will be relegated anyway better off saving the $$

That’s not showing up in EDFL website yet, I’d say Taylors Lakes refuse to clear him given he’s contracted... he is the only hope they have of not being relegated!
Considering TL coach is an old AH player I’m sure both clubs can do a deal.

100% correct. I've been saying for ages people saying it is a huge catchment area don't live here. It's getting smashed by soccer and AFLVic are doing nothing

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The AFL AFL vic have stuffed up the elite junior program so don’t expect them to do a good job at local level. The NAB league was the best junior comp for the elite juniors now it’s just an also ran comp and the elite school footy is now the number 1 priority for AFL vic/AFL and it’s hurting kids that don’t attend those schools.
The advantage has always been with the private schools and even more of a advantage that you related or they someone in the whole afl industry , connection after connection

if Avondale can make the finals , not only a huge moment for the club but they will get some key players right on the final series commencement

Couldn't agree more Horse well said. It seems the silver tails and rich private school boys who sit a top of the AFL board have spoken!

Donald D

I'm not sure they can survive even with Patty Zinger. Lakes are in for some very tough times if they go down. Very sad for the long standing supporters and hard working volunteers.

Donald D

100% correct. I've been saying for ages people saying it is a huge catchment area don't live here. It's getting smashed by soccer and AFLVic are doing nothing

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app
It is a huge catchment area, the problem is that people are opting not to play footy.
The problem is that unlike in previous generations very little is being done to win the hearts & mind of the next.. clubs, leagues and governing bodies need to have a good think about what they're doing to preserve the code.

If Melbourne goes into lockdown this week which is looking more likely tonight can the EDFL use the bye weekend in the 2nd half of the season to make up the lost games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back