• Riley Collier-Dawkins

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Jason Castagna

Votes: 91 34.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought we were a bit lucky to get the W last - we looked a bit ordinary tbh. In fact I'll go as to say that without Bolton and some ordinary umpiring - which definitely favoured us - we could easily have lost. It just looked like a lack lustre game - there was no heat in the centre/stoppages. We're clearly trying a different game style but I hope we dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

Anyone else think Cotch looked dis-interested last night? Certainly wasnt in beast mode. Cant blame the guy he must be busting to get home.

Thought we were a bit lucky to get the W last - we looked a bit ordinary tbh. In fact I'll go as to say that without Bolton and some ordinary umpiring - which definitely favoured us - we could easily have lost. It just looked like a lack lustre game - there was no heat in the centre/stoppages. We're clearly trying a different game style but I hope we dont throw the baby out with the bath water.

Anyone else think Cotch looked dis-interested last night? Certainly wasnt in beast mode. Cant blame the guy he must be busting to get home.
Certainly was in a laughing mode...even in the after game Team song circle...thought he looked a tad more animated in his AAMI TV commercials

Kane Cornes on the footy show highlighting free kicks that should’ve been paid against us, who’s whinging now you hypocrite?

I was just about to say that what a ******* , of course he mentions nothing of the lions game we played . Such a ******* flog and cretin pile of dog s**t

Kane Cornes on the footy show highlighting free kicks that should’ve been paid against us, who’s whinging now you hypocrite?
And in the clips they showed, there should have been a free kick to Reiwoldt directly in front of goal but they don't mention it.

Watch from 0:58 - Jack is in the Ruck vs Cox, an Essendon player holds Jack from competing in the Ruck contest. Free kick every day.

Our first half was deplorable. Even though we had the rare rub of the green we'd have been down by about 6 goals against a contender. Second half after the scare we seemed to get jolted into action and played the best footy I've seen this year. More of that plz.

Ok overall I think that was our best performance of the year structurally, it stayed strong and solid for the best part of 3 and a bit quarters and let’s be honest, it’s almost impossible to dominate momentum all game these days. Going into the game, I was most concerned about the way sides have been able to slice through our setup almost at will all year - that was the area I wanted to see the biggest improvement in and we got it. I hate those Pricks with a passion but credit where it’s due, they are one of the better sides at being table to cut through opposition setups so the fact we controlled that for most of the game Is a big positive.

Bests: Dusty, Bolton, Prestia, Graham, Grimes.
Chols first qtr was extraordinary, wowee he could be a special player. Thought Aarts and Castagna were tidy and did their job well. Aarts has gone to another level the past 3-4 weeks and was good to see some
Front and centre oldFashioned roving from our smalls last night.

Our defence seems to be settling in and getting better by the week. Vlastuin after a shaky start looked good, Broads having a career season and importantly Grimes, who I feel has been a bit down this season, was back to his best. Balta was solid along with Baker and Short. Think Houli is struggling big time.

Kmac and Caddy I felt had their colours lowered yesterday although Macca finished the game strongly. Cotch wasn’t a factor and looked off the pace which could’ve been bc of personal issues or the fact th at sometimes the second game back is the hardest one.

Glad to see CJ back up last week with a solid game.
One area we got it oh so wrong was Pickett in the ruck, has to stop. Phillips was smart enough to exploit the mismatch and took 4-5 big strong grabs on Pickett in dangerous positions. CJ should’ve been backup ruck all the time and plonk a small jn the fwd line for those brief periods.

All in all, we can’t expect perfection at this stage of the season, it’s not our thing, we grind and improve and hit perfection towards the end of the season. Until then let’s keep banking the wins and improving. Win next week and it’s a great launching pad for the run home after the bye
I agree at stages it was as well as we’ve played, were good signs last week of Richmond style footy. Reckon our handball is getting back to premiership standard, yep the Pickett move is crazy to me in 2 parts , exposes an important mid to injury and Phillips was smart enough to exploit it by drifting forward
Hope Prestia isn’t injured badly as our choice midfield puts our game to another level.
Lambert will come straight in , wouldn’t surprise at all if we find a way to get Parker into the team for this Sunday’s big game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought many in here being very harsh on Parish. His game was fantastic and not at al like Mitchell/Neale. Unlike those crabs he actually gets the ball himself but also distributes it forward to team mates with 750m gained. Without him they lose by another 6 goals.

Eagles/Drugs fans should be ashamed of themselves for booing Cotchin during that speech. Just shows you how pathetic and delusional both sets of fans are.

If we can walk away with the points next week and leave that bogan dump in the west 2/2 it would be a fantastic result. Set up the season nicely.

Still salty that jabs Watson got found out as a cheat and liar and Cotch n Mitchell were rewarded with their deserved brownlow win.

Best thing about last night was the work from our younger blokes. Chol setting the tone in the ruck and around the ground, CCJ hitting the scoreboard and creating contests up forward, Jack Graham gut running to help cover defensively, but then also being part of the offensive movement. Bolton with some sublime touches setting up goals for teammates. Balta shutting out Hooker and then being part of the rebound from D50. It's these sorts of performances that hold us in good stead for the future.

As for next weeks changes quite simple for mine;

Out: Prestia
In Lambert

B: Grimes Balta Vlastuin
HB: Houli Broad Short
C: KMac Cotchin Pickett
HF: Aarts Bolton Castagna
F: CCJ Martin Riewoldt
R: Chol Graham Edwards
INT: Baker Caddy Lambert RCD

A highly overrated player is McDonald-Tipungwuti. To be a good player you need to be consistent, and that he's not. One of those flashy players that runs around looking busy but not really hurting you. Plays one good game in a handful which clouds peoples opinion of him. I don't know whether he has played a good game against us.

Tremendous goal by Balta.
However, it was Pickett who gathered the ball after Noah had tapped it to the ground.
Marlion evaded three Essendon players and provided the scoring opportunity.
Marlion is a tremendous role model of improvement for everyone, not just indigenous youth.

Last edited:
And in the clips they showed, there should have been a free kick to Reiwoldt directly in front of goal but they don't mention it.

Watch from 0:58 - Jack is in the Ruck vs Cox, an Essendon player holds Jack from competing in the Ruck contest. Free kick every day.

wow well that and the throw which resulted in a goal make up for a few of the shockers they got but of course there is no media highlighting these

Best thing about last night was the work from our younger blokes. Chol setting the tone in the ruck and around the ground, CCJ hitting the scoreboard and creating contests up forward, Jack Graham gut running to help cover defensively, but then also being part of the offensive movement. Bolton with some sublime touches setting up goals for teammates. Balta shutting out Hooker and then being part of the rebound from D50. It's these sorts of performances that hold us in good stead for the future.

As for next weeks changes quite simple for mine;

Out: Prestia
In Lambert

B: Grimes Balta Vlastuin
HB: Houli Broad Short
C: KMac Cotchin Pickett
HF: Aarts Bolton Castagna
F: CCJ Martin Riewoldt
R: Chol Graham Edwards
INT: Baker Caddy Lambert RCD
I'd probably make one extra change and replace Caddy with one of Miller or Ryan, or perhaps Astbury if his body is good to go.

Just watching Balta goal in the last Q on the ch9 footy show. 50m out, tired legs, has banged it through like hitting up a short pass. Amazing leg
was easily our 2nd best if not best over 4 qtrs imo......his opponent Hooker only kicked 2 on him,1 was from some nuffie whacking him whilst we was kicking
out,hardly his fault.also whilst our backline continually coughed it up in the first half with woeful disposal and turnovers he along with Broad were the only 2
who held theyre nerve during that period,his goal in the last was brilliant
Essendon targeted Hooker no less than a dozen times so to only conceed 2 was mighty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back