2021 Non-Crows AFL Talk 2: are the VFL corrupt?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmm, the number of half decent KPF they have recruited since Tredrea........zero?

They have traded in a few but historically it is something they don't do for some reason.

Byrne Jones was Tredreas special pick for the AA side last year, ridiculous inclusion
DBJ is a poor man's Laird.

he hasn't yet sat at the top and driven from a good club to a total rabble. I'd take Koch 100 times over before I'd consider Chapman. I bet they'd have done no worse than us if they inherited the free kick that we got being a state team and first into the AFL with the sponsorship and season tickets that generates. They're coming from a long way back and even if they're below par, they've not squandered the leg up we got like Chapman did.
You are referencing the past in Chapman, and entering the AFL, Koch is the now, the club is a financial burden, his football knowledge is nil but he tries to fill in the blanks and talks rubbish

Any chance of Dayne Beams’ assertions that Collingwood paid him outside the salary cap getting investigated, or even that they get more than a passing mention from the VFL media?

Imagine if this were a Crows story. They’d be calling for 5 years of first round picks to be stripped on afl.com.au.

Hmmmm, the number of half decent KPF they have recruited since Tredrea........zero?

They have traded in a few but historically it is something they don't do for some reason.

Byrne Jones was Tredreas special pick for the AA side last year, ridiculous inclusion
DBJ is having a terrible year. Like genuinely terrible. Drew has been okay this year, one standout game, Marshall is a spud, Houston has probably peaked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really don’t understand why everyone assumes Ken is a bad coach.
I don't think he's a bad coach. He's good at motivating his players, just a little weak strategically. He tends to be unable to change things up mid-game when opposition coaches figure him out. He needs a smart operator working in the background like Longmire has with Don Pyke at the Swans.

I don't think he's a bad coach. He's good at motivating his players, just a little weak strategically. He tends to be unable to change things up mid-game when opposition coaches figure him out. He needs a smart operator working in the background like Longmire has with Don Pyke at the Swans.

Good relationship builder and motivator but just a dumb coach. All you need to do is listen to him speak. Just drivel. No substance. Mostly cliches. Never anything of substance.

Any chance of Dayne Beams’ assertions that Collingwood paid him outside the salary cap getting investigated, or even that they get more than a passing mention from the VFL media?

Imagine if this were a Crows story. They’d be calling for 5 years of first round picks to be stripped on afl.com.au.
Remember when bitter old senile Malthouse made an off the cuff remark that we had Eddie Betts sewn up before we were allowed to? We sure as hell got investigated for that even though there was literally no evidence other than sour grapes from his ex coach.

Last edited:
Good relationship builder and motivator but just a dumb coach. All you need to do is listen to him speak. Just drivel. No substance. Mostly cliches. Never anything of substance.
I don't place much stock in how coaches go in pressers but his lack of nous has been demonstrated over the years given all the missed opportunities Port have had. He's like Port's version of Neil Craig. Just can't get it done when it matters most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back