Autopsy Rd 14 Loss: Here comes another one, just like the other one

Who played well for the Blues vs the Giants (Blues supporters only)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Mindful of the fact I will likely come across all preachy...

Get behind the boys or fu** off.

It has been bad for a long long time, but the way some of you carry on is deadset ******* disgraceful.

Weak as piss.
I'm annoyed at the same game plan each week...an undecipherable one. Players who don't perform getting a run week in week out. Talented young blokes who need a chance to prove themselves in the firsts being overlooked for 'I used to play well' seniors.

Every team has had a morale lifting upset win this year, but not this insipid lot, digging deep not in their DNA. It just really sums up where we are. They treated us like garbage tonight.

Kudos to Matty K. He maybe slow but he can kick, tackle and mark at AFL level - very happy to cop that package at the moment.
Hopefully they now give him & Dow together With Walsh a consistent run in the middle. they may form a good Combo for the rest of the year.

Mindful of the fact I will likely come across all preachy...

Get behind the boys or fu** off.

It has been bad for a long long time, but the way some of you carry on is deadset ******* disgraceful.

Weak as piss.
* off I tell you what is weak as piss is our tackles and intensity, yes I couldn't do better but I aint getting paid to play a game that requires takes, hardness. hard to get behind the boys when we are super super s**t and lacking interest and game plan and the ******* rest.

Also, as good as Harry is, we're too Harry-centric with our entries.

With the amount of effort sides are having to put into defending him, it's criminal that Owies seems to be the only forward who can ever find space for an easy hit-up.

Is it our forward craft, or is it that our mids don't read the play well enough to look for something other than the tallest bloke out there?

Partly gameplan - not knowing how to manoeuvre players into space - partly holding a bunch of out of form or NQR players in our forward half - JSOS, Betts, Martin and Fogarty.

Need to re-establish our mix, bring in Honey, re-introduce Curnow when he is ready, Martin needs to earn his spot, maybe even look at Durdin or Boyd over the next month?

I’m sure some of it is disgraceful - haven’t read it all.. but don’t agree with your sentiment either.

Getting behind the jumper would make more sense - the players (a few aside) need to take a fair bit of heat for this.

Of course they do.

But we can't just bin 'em all, can we?

We have more problems than you can poke a stick at, but the players we have are the players we have. Lots of pain to come (hopefully as little as possible), but the constant kicking of the players is absolute rubbish.

And if we're not here to support them, then why are we here?

Last edited:
fu** off I tell you what is weak as piss is our tackles and intensity, yes I couldn't do better but I aint getting paid to play a game that requires takes, hardness. hard to get behind the boys when we are super super sh*t and lacking interest and game plan and the ******* rest.

Bryce Bubbles, what are your insights on Zaccy ‘Money bags’ Williams night?

The season is over, nothing to be gained by rushing ahead of the review at least.

Rushing into it is arguably how we got here after we sacked Bolton
It’s awesome hearing from every from the club talking about how great a coach Teague. The president, the CEO and the football director talking about how Teague is safe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fu** off I tell you what is weak as piss is our tackles and intensity, yes I couldn't do better but I aint getting paid to play a game that requires takes, hardness. hard to get behind the boys when we are super super sh*t and lacking interest and game plan and the ******* rest.

Weak. As. Piss.

He is a horrific tap ruckman and has nominal impact around the ground.

Even his better days he still shouldn't be an AFL number 1 ruck. Need TDK in the majority
On the evidence I've seen so far TDK is not ready to play 1st ruck. We desperately need something different though. The young big guy from the Giants played well tonight. Someone like him would be ideal. Huge, Hulking, Powerful, good hands. I wonder if he is available. He would make a formidalbe ruck duo with TDK in the next few years.

On another thought, did't we just recruit someone really tall?

Well done Kennedy for coming in and having a crack. As much as the MC would like to drop you I reckon you've earned another game.

Thought Stocker did okay and Owies keeps trying.

---

The bad.

Nic Newman is not AFL standard, please stop selecting him. Docherty needs to be dropped, he's awful at the moment. Time to give Curnow's midfield spot to Kemp or Stocker, even SPS. Tell Liam Jones to never kick the ball unless it's a guaranteed 15m pass. Jack Martin awful, either rest him if he's not right or drop him. Cripps either needs to re-sign or say he's leaving.

And I agree with Johnno, Murphy would be better than half the players out there. Sure he doesn't have a lot of mongrel but at least he can hit a target.

Those who want Toby Greene anger me.

There's a difference between playing and being hard and playing like a thug. Greene can be the former but is more often the latter. I'd love to see someone line him up but he gets away with it because nobody will do it.

The less said about our effort, if you can label it that, the better.

I'm annoyed at the same game plan each week...an undecipherable one. Players who don't perform getting a run week in week out. Talented young blokes who need a chance to prove themselves in the firsts being overlooked for 'I used to play well' seniors.

Agree with all of that.

Incorrect. The players are there. They aren’t coached or developed well. Again today showed what players like Kennedy and Stocker have to offer, if we play them and play them correctly. We refuse to play them or trust them.

You're welcome to your view...but I don't see players who refuse to chase or refuse to hunt the footy changing with a different coach. These are innate traits. We have been seen as a soft team for years.

Back