Scandal Stevo moves to Vic Liberal party

Remove this Banner Ad

lysp

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2010
AFL Club
Essendon

Honestly never knew he played footy or won a premiership for that matter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Dogs supporting Liberal. Didn't realise there was 1 of them
One of the Dogs biggest benefactors has been the Smorgons. Doubt they're Laborites. AFL football clubs are a reflection of the broader community. Roughly 50/50 split on political persuasions.

Honestly never knew he played footy or won a premiership for that matter.
Lol, I actually vaguely remember the name, but it never clicked it was the same person in the media. I thought he was some 5'7 dweeb who got a job through the right media connections or something. Turns out he's 6'4. Still a terrible "reporter"

Bit of a strange move and likely a big pay cut

Also brings up the disturbing possibility of Tom Browne being promoted

A great myth in footy is how much most in the media are paid. The hosts and the main commentators get paid well, but I think most people would be surprised to know what reporters and ex players doing special comments get paid. Stevo would've been earning between $150k and $200k, which objectively is still good money and there's obviously some significant lifestyle benefits attached, but it's probably marginally less than what he'll get working for the Libs (more danger money on politics!)

Stevo would've been earning between $150k and $200k, which objectively is still good money and there's obviously some significant lifestyle benefits attached, but it's probably marginally less than what he'll get working for the Libs (more danger money on politics!)

wouldn't be getting $150-200k for a Media Manager job in a state division political party, plus he is reporting to a Director of Communications so is not even the big fish in the media department

Strongly rumoured he was headhunted as a way to make Matthew Guy and Tim Smith seem more likeable.

Apparently they will simply stand stevo next to MG/TS at any presser and tell him to start talking- after a minute of Stevo drivel, MG/TS step in and say- that's enough Stevo.
Not possible

Remove this Banner Ad

Back