List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't mind looking at Jack Silvagni for our later 2nd. Smart footballer and would be a really good 3rd tall in our forward line. Much maligned because of his name and the stinky club he plays for but I reckon he would fit in perfectly here. Many more tricks and pressure than other tallish forwards mentioned.
My brother is a Carlton fool. He can't stand Silvagni and blames him for all their problems lol. He's Carlton's whipping boy. We already have a handful of our own whipping boys (including Darcy Fogarty now). Can you also imagine his Dad at all the games and texting Dimma telling him he should be picked and where to play him like Scotty West does with poor young Rhylee ?!?! Yuk. The one thing they both have in common (as does Fogarty) is that they are slow as treacle. In modern footy, if you aren't fast over the ground then you better have some serious xfactor or superior talent of some kind.

Daniel Rich - superb kick
Sam Mitchell - brilliant, evasive, skills
Josh Gibson - best spoil in the game
Jab Watson - thymosin beta 4
Harry Taylor - ability to lull opp to sleep
Fraser Gehrig - kick snags/eat pies
Jez McGovern - have everybody fooled
Trent Cotchin - moves like Jagger
etc etc

Sorry Pomsta it's a no from me.

Trading a future 1st is an absolute fool's game. Trading it in our present situation is really asking for trouble. Look at Collingwood's currant predicament - I'm certain when they traded their 2021 1st they weren't planning on it being worth in excess of 2000 points, which is looking likely. They were entitled to think they'd be competing for finals this season and would only be handing over Pick 10-12, not potentially Pick 2.

There's nothing to suggest that we'll suddenly rebound and perform better next year - the melts on here if we've had a poor 2022 and won't even get our Pick 3-6 would be cataclysmic, especially if Cerra is underperforming. If we really want the bloke, which is fine by me, then trade for him from what we know we have, our 2021 picks. Let's not gamble at the moment.
For Cerra yes.Next years 1st shouldn't be on the table.
However if by miracle Tom Green is up for grabs then i think next years 1st should be involved.
Why because eventually we'd have to pay a 1st for Green anyway.(2 most likely).
Keep one of this years(16) for need like a KP.
And i'll bare my ass down Bourke st if we end up anywhere near botton 4 with the addition of Cerra & Green.

Tom Green is the player that will most likely be a GUN player with the least risk and would happily trade 2 1st rounders for him with 12-13 years ahead of him and already dominating inside and will be for a long long time.

Cerra im happy to trade 1 of our 1st rounders but no more as he just does not hurt the opposition or impact the score board in the role he plays
Narkle for a throw away th rounder only
Lipinski i would love to see what he would be like in our team

All the above players are suitable for Richmond and are young enough to play 10 years
but i would love to grab a couple of KPP kids in the draft as their seems to be some really good talent this year

Tom Green is the player that will most likely be a GUN player with the least risk and would happily trade 2 1st rounders for him with 12-13 years ahead of him and already dominating inside and will be for a long long time.

Cerra im happy to trade 1 of our 1st rounders but no more as he just does not hurt the opposition or impact the score board in the role he plays

All the above players are suitable for Richmond and are young enough to play 10 years
but i would love to grab a couple of KPP kids in the draft as their seems to be some really good talent this year
If he is as disillusioned as me as a gws supporter you might just get him

what do people think about fogarty from adelaide? good size can mark and kick. his body shape is that power athlete type, which can take a while to fully develop as you get rid of puppy fat. only 21, and i dont think adelaide have handled him particularly well. chapman took a few years to get going and became a gun. for a throwaway pick would be worth a punt, especially with our pretty bare forwardline.
He knows our song too.

Andrew is more of a ruck than anything else from what I've read.

Don't really know much about Alleer if you can enlighten me?
Key position defender Adelaide nga
Strong build excellent mark and spoil 195cm 85kg check him out on YouTube

We’d be nuts to trade CCJ, I understand if he requests a trade our hands may be tied but unless that happens we’d be crazy to trade him.

At the point in time and outside of Balta, he’s shown more than any other young tall on our list.
That trade was on the basis that he takes the offer the Suns are going to put in front of him.
When the troops are back RCD'll be squeezed down mid rotations. He is good at centre clearances & he can kick a goal.
When the troops are back he should stay in the middle and get to work with our A grade mids more not less.
Watching norf turn the corner after investing heavily in the draft shows the way , we will reap the reward if we invest wisely this draft hand , dont sell the farm for 21yo cerra , I’m ok with 1 x r1 , more than that and questions need to be asked.
Play as many of the kids we got to find out if they have anything at all to offer and then cut them of the list if required , open up 8 list spots reserving a couple for spp is great strategy
Agree with this
Wouldn't mind looking at Jack Silvagni for our later 2nd. Smart footballer and would be a really good 3rd tall in our forward line. Much maligned because of his name and the stinky club he plays for but I reckon he would fit in perfectly here. Many more tricks and pressure than other tallish forwards mentioned.
Don't agree with this
What are people's thoughts on Luke Dunstan? Has been in ripper form lately.
Mentioned him last week and still believe he wouldn't hurt as ready to go option that can provide coverage when injury hits or can push for a spot from R1.
For Cerra yes.Next years 1st shouldn't be on the table.
However if by miracle Tom Green is up for grabs then i think next years 1st should be involved.
Why because eventually we'd have to pay a 1st for Green anyway.(2 most likely).
Keep one of this years(16) for need like a KP.
And i'll bare my ass down Bourke st if we end up anywhere near botton 4 with the addition of Cerra & Green.
I'm of the opinion that I'd rather trade out of next years draft to get Cerra and keep our draft hand for this year especially the first 4 picks where we can hopefully scoop the pool like we did when we got Higgins Balta CCJ & Naish. If we end up with a top 10 pick we're a good chance to get a high quality midfielder and can then target either another mid and/or 2-3 KPP types with the next 3 picks.

Don't believe Green is any chance this year, however if we were to forget about Cerra and take our first 4 picks to the draft and load up this year I reckon we could take a real crack at Green next year with our 2022 & 2023 first round picks, and we'll likely have more cap space to use with the possibility that by then Houli Cotchin Riewoldt & Caddy could all be off the books, that we could offer him a deal that GWS can't match if they've loaded up with Kelly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd first look to Free Agency for some topups. Only if they're not after big $$$$'s I would look at either Tarrant or Daniel Talia on minimum wage with Tarrant offered 1 year with triggers for a second. Talia would have to be offered 2 years or won't move interstate. Mitch Wallis would be a great get if his price comes right down or he can go to the Roos for $$$'s and no shot at success. I'd definitely be into Narkle and Ratagolea as believe they are gettable for 3rd rounders. I'd take CCJ and a crap pick for Tom Green everyday of the week. Cerra will require more than our 1st but definitely who we should target. And Bulldogs want picks to get points well bend over and give us 2 if Lipinski, Ed Richards and Rhylee West and we can hook them up. Must retain a 1st round pick and use it on best available KPF or if none worthy of that pick best KPD!!! We must target Free Agents who are short term reliable role players get either or both Cerra and Green and steal Bulldogs or Feelings disillusioned fringe guns.

Personally, I would go to the draft and try to take the best 6 we can. This does a couple of things. It starts getting us ready for a sustained long run at it again. It gives us salary cap relief and allows us to reward some of our guys who have been taking unders as well as keeping some of our elite young talent. Trading ends up meaning we may pick up older guys who put even more pressure on our cap and thus stop us from getting FAs who don't cost anything with regards to picks. Also, history shows that just when you think you can eke out another flag, you can't and it sends you to the bottom for a while.

Not sure about getting fitter?
Endurance is his issue.Always has been as a junior.
Nothings changed.
I get 2020 was a covid year but they still had a pre-season.
Think he'll never be a gun.Good for depth but always in the shadow of others.
People forget someone needs to be the 4th, 5th, 6th midfielder. If RCD becomes our 6th best mid I think we're doing okay. They can't all be All Australians.

I reckon the taste this year will serve him well. Needs a bit more size and a tank. That can still come. Has the raw attributes required to be a good player, we can't have 22 stars.

Personally, I would go to the draft and try to take the best 6 we can. This does a couple of things. It starts getting us ready for a sustained long run at it again. It gives us salary cap relief and allows us to reward some of our guys who have been taking unders as well as keeping some of our elite young talent. Trading ends up meaning we may pick up older guys who put even more pressure on our cap and thus stop us from getting FAs who don't cost anything with regards to picks. Also, history shows that just when you think you can eke out another flag, you can't and it sends you to the bottom for a while.

Our list doesn't have a single midfielder between the age of 23 and 28. A teams premiership window is when their core talent is in this age bracket.

We should be targetting hard Touk Miller and Connor Blakely, 2 x 25 year olds. They both become free agents at the end of next year and their clubs will trade if they think they will get nothing for them. In the same way that St Kilda got Higgins for under once he wanted to go, we have players that both their teams are targeting, lets fix our list profile if we have to give up a ruckman and a west australian

Our list doesn't have a single midfielder between the age of 23 and 28. A teams premiership window is when their core talent is in this age bracket.

We should be targetting hard Touk Miller and Connor Blakely, 2 x 25 year olds. They both become free agents at the end of next year and their clubs will trade if they think they will get nothing for them. In the same way that St Kilda got Higgins for under once he wanted to go, we have players that both their teams are targeting, lets fix our list profile if we have to give up a ruckman and a west australian
Not sure about Blakely but I would say with the upmost certainty that the suns wouldn’t let Miller go
Can’t see him wanting out either

Disagree. I am a realist. Our window is over. We had a team that was fantastic but a combination of age-related injury, a slight decrease in desire and rule changes that have taken our one wood away means that we are not in contention for the flag anymore IMHO. I hope I'm proven wrong of course but the faster we realise that this is the case, the faster we can get back on top. Look at the swans. They have a list full of juniors and are already a threat. If it's done properly it doesn't take long. We need to start targeting top KPP youngsters with our picks. When was the last time we got a few of those? The last one was Balta at pick 25. CCJ was in the 20s too but he was drafted as a ruck. The highest pick for a KPP we have drafted was Jack with pick 13 back in 2006!!!! At least one of our first rounders needs to be used on one of those if not both. Taking in a large cohort together is often the best way of rebuilding properly. I want to back our recruiters. Recruiting isn't now done by a single person who still is a full time teacher like it was in the early 2000s. We have scouts everywhere and a great group of guys in charge of that. I want to see what they can do with a reasonable hand. A hand they have rarely had in the last few years.

Club 80 meeting was tonight
Seeing a few interesting posts on social media since

Think we are gonna see a few big names hang up the boots at the end of the season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back