List Mgmt. Trade and F/A - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given that we seem to still have cap issues, who else could we conceivably put on the block? Sier and Cox seem obvious ones, even if i couldn't imagine anyone paying for the latter. Sidebottom is an interesting one. WHE has had the second half of the season to show off his skills and perhaps generate interest. Who else is there that can help us relieve the cap pressure?

Given that we seem to still have cap issues, who else could we conceivably put on the block? Sier and Cox seem obvious ones, even if i couldn't imagine anyone paying for the latter. Sidebottom is an interesting one. WHE has had the second half of the season to show off his skills and perhaps generate interest. Who else is there that can help us relieve the cap pressure?
From: Sier, Cox, WHE, Lynch, Elliot, Howe, Thomas, Madgen, Sidebottom,

From: Sier, Cox, WHE, Lynch, Elliot, Howe, Thomas, Madgen, Sidebottom,

From a salary cap perspective, Thomas, Madgen, Lynch and Sier shouldn't be on much at all. Elliott is interesting as he would probably gain some interest, but our forwardline would be devastated by his loss. Wouldn't want to lose him really.

From a salary cap perspective, Thomas, Madgen, Lynch and Sier shouldn't be on much at all. Elliott is interesting as he would probably gain some interest, but our forwardline would be devastated by his loss. Wouldn't want to lose him really.
They are the totality of our choices realistically. Apart from Elliot and Sidebottom the rest won't reap us much in either cap space or picks.
If this is true about Sidebottom's contract then it's just another reason why our President and the board members who approved the contract need to be removed from office.

Interesting that Schache played ok tonight as a key defender. Might be able to turn it around like Liam Jones

I can comprehend and live with the majority of decisions made post 2018 GF.

But, the decision to trade Stephenson and to a lesser extent R2, is like a small splinter in the brain giving me a head ache every time I think about it.
I struggle with it still and especially trading Stephenson for so little. I have thought we overloaded with kids from middle late draft in 2020 but at least they are doing well as a group.

GWS must look at trading for our 2021 1st rounder as one of their great trades ever. After tonight it’s pretty certain we finish bottom 4 and the spoon is back on the cards in a small way.

After this weekend there is one 2 step permutation that would guarantee us the spoon. We lose all 4 matches, WCE, Hawks, Lions and Bombers and Kangas beat the Crows. We can get it on other permutations so it’s a risk

if that happened GWS would get pick 1 and we would miss the Daicos/Horne combo. That would be the worst and stick in our craw for a decade.

A Collingwood wooden spoon would result in the biggest list management blunder of all time. It is of paramount importance that we knock off Hawthorn at the very least.
That’s the one we need. On current form and no Pendles now means WCE, Lions and Bombers are all probably a step to far and Kangas on current form , 3 wins from last 5, would be favoured to beat Crows.

Hawks, our bogey team, are the win we need.

I struggle with it still and especially trading Stephenson for so little. I have thought we overloaded with kids from middle late draft in 2020 but at least they are doing well as a group.

GWS must look at trading for our 2021 1st rounder as one of their great trades ever. After tonight it’s pretty certain we finish bottom 4 and the spoon is back on the cards in a small way.

After this weekend there is one 2 step permutation that would guarantee us the spoon. We lose all 4 matches, WCE, Hawks, Lions and Bombers and Kangas beat the Crows. We can get it on other permutations so it’s a risk

if that happened GWS would get pick 1 and we would miss the Daicos/Horne combo. That would be the worst and stick in our craw for a decade.
Yeah, someone should lose their job over it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We finish last and GWS bid on Nick Daicos at 1… it hurts my head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We still get Nick Daicos, all we are doing is paying the right price for him and don’t get the advantage of the F&S, we do get him at a discount from a points perspective. We also have a year of development into Poulter and McMahon that were the result of trading next years first. It’s not all that bad, Poulter is looking to be a bargain IMHO and McMahon we won’t be sure about for a year or two but like any kid his size they take some time.

In hindsight, it’s really quite unbelievable that we sold our soul for Dayne ******* Beams 😂😅

The price we paid was hefty... it seems every club and player manager held Collingwood over a barrel from 2017-2020... and clearly no one could imagine Beams would retire so soon

But I was one who liked the idea at the time. Before joining the pies in 2018 Beams was averaging 29 disposals, 5.5 clearances and nearly a goal a game. Elite.

If we had of paid only the Quaynor first rd pick for him and Beams was still playing to that standard it would have been a reasonable trade

Maybe a fully fit Beams gets us over the line in that prelim and into a GF in 2019 🤷‍♂️

We still get Nick Daicos, all we are doing is paying the right price for him and don’t get the advantage of the F&S, we do get him at a discount from a points perspective. We also have a year of development into Poulter and McMahon that were the result of trading next years first. It’s not all that bad, Poulter is looking to be a bargain IMHO and McMahon we won’t be sure about for a year or two but like any kid his size they take some time.
In that senario though Daicos and Horne would be a much better option.

In that senario though Daicos and Horne would be a much better option.
Possibly, time will be the judge.

I’m Ok with Poulter and a developing McMahon because I didn’t think this time last year we would be this low on the ladder. I’m backing both those kids in and looking forward to adding the number 1 prospect in this years draft. If we can add Dib it’s not that bad.

The unpredictability of middle of the draft picks means that we could still win from what was a shocking trade.

The only thing at stake is the potential for hurt feelings. Daicos will be bid on at #1 regardless of who has it. Our 2021 first rounder isn’t coming back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back