List Mgmt. 2021 Trade & List Management Thread I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You'd think they'd be a bit shy of trading their first rounders for expensive mercenaries after all the times it's burned them. But if they were capable of learning a lesson, they wouldn't be Carlton
It will be a s#*$ fight but if they fail to get him across we could get him...
Im sure they will come to a deal that both sides are not overly happy with = a usual trade deal... just means weeks of "Whats Cera worth?"

21yr old averaging like 25 disposals a game.
Offers something to the side they probably dont have and takes pressure off walsh/cripps etc.
Could be a worse pickup for them.

It's just a strategy that has failed over and over for them. They're going to have a big cap squeeze coming up if they keep trying to build the list through trading, and many of the players they've brought in haven't been able to capture their previous form at Carlton. Almost like they've got problems that can't be solved by bringing in a saviour player.

WHY would you ruin your career by going to Carlton just for the $$$$$ RIDDLE ME THAT

For some people, there's still an association between Carlton and success. I've certainly never experienced it myself, but I hear they used to win premierships, quite frequently in fact. They took their off-field advantages for granted and assumed they were just brilliant because they're Carlton and they're great, and since the AFL introduced equalisation it's been failure after failure.

Or maybe he's just hoping to fleece a rich but poorly managed club. He'll get AA squad spots for playing just a good average season in a team that mostly loses, he'll appear on every footy panel show as often as he wants, might even get a nice gig as the visy ambassador. If you don't care about winning a premiership, Carlton can deliver you basically everything else.

You'd think they'd be a bit shy of trading their first rounders for expensive mercenaries after all the times it's burned them. But if they were capable of learning a lesson, they wouldn't be Carlton

You can hardly call Cerra a mercenary, he's a yound kid with a Melb girlfriend who has hardly seen his family in the 18 months of covid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For some people, there's still an association between Carlton and success. I've certainly never experienced it myself, but I hear they used to win premierships, quite frequently in fact. They took their off-field advantages for granted and assumed they were just brilliant because they're Carlton and they're great, and since the AFL introduced equalisation it's been failure after failure.

Or maybe he's just hoping to fleece a rich but poorly managed club. He'll get AA squad spots for playing just a good average season in a team that mostly loses, he'll appear on every footy panel show as often as he wants, might even get a nice gig as the visy ambassador. If you don't care about winning a premiership, Carlton can deliver you basically everything else.

They still have a large (feral) supporter base, they still have a large network of business to provide sponsorships regardless of how terrible they have been...
Id love to kid myself that they will be this way forever more but at some stage someone is going to turn them around... For some of us Richmond was like this

21yr old averaging like 25 disposals a game.
Offers something to the side they probably dont have and takes pressure off walsh/cripps etc.
Could be a worse pickup for them.
The way they’ve constructed their list id say signing cerra would be a mistake largely because of the cap hit, besides Cripps and Walsh they need more inside prescence.

You can hardly call Cerra a mercenary, he's a yound kid with a Melb girlfriend who has hardly seen his family in the 18 months of covid.

I don't mean it as a description of his personality, it's that players tend to be more expensive if you recruit them through trades/FA (DFA and trades for late picks not withstanding) and it's not good for the salary cap to have a lot of those guys around. Unless you're Geelong and they're coming specifically because of the promise of a chance to compete in September. Carlton can't offer that.

They are more focused on redeveloping ikon🤨🤨

The way they’ve constructed their list id say signing cerra would be a mistake largely because of the cap hit, besides Cripps and Walsh they need more inside prescence.
Their list has 3 A-graders in Walsh, McKay and Weitering, a few B+ types such as Cripps, Williams and probably now Cerra. Outside of that there isn't much. That's their problem

Their list has 3 A-graders in Walsh, McKay and Weitering, a few B+ types such as Cripps, Williams and probably now Cerra. Outside of that there isn't much. That's their problem
I heard a rumour that Dow is gone

Carlton are roughly where Melbourne were 3 years ago. Lots of early draft talent and underperforming acquisitions It can turn around quick.

That doesn't mean I want it to of course.
I disagree they have 4 stars and a lot of overpriced shlubs sure there are a few talented youngsters but they haven’t nearly got as much drafted talent as melb did

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back