Rumour Assistant Coach Gossip

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't he just an assistant. How on earth would you put blame on him.

But that is exactly what they did. Camporeale and Brett Burton both got the chop. Don Pyke, the Head Coach resigned before he was shown the door with them.

Last edited:
I have no problem with Scott Camporeale. He was an All Australian and has experience as a mid field coach. As I posted elsewhere his record as a fill in Coach after the death of Phil Walsh was not that bad. He had a 7-4 record under trying circumstances and that included a Showdown win. He probably would have got the Head Coach job at the Cows but he elected to devote time to his family. That infamous pre season camp fiasco in 2018 may have meant his time as Cows Head Coach was short lived.

Tom Rehn on 9 news said Port won't replace Voss so no senior assistant.

Camporeale all but anointed as new midfield coach.

Nathan Buckley is not going to taken a $120k-$150k job playing second fiddle to Ken. He can spend 2021 in the media earning enough money so that the tax on that income, is twice his assistant's salary at Port.

Probably right - However, from what little I've seen of him Buckley never really impressed me much as a media personality. Would like to see him at Ports as Senior Assistant (ie Vossy's role) with view to him possibly taking over from Ken.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably right - However, from what little I've seen of him Buckley never really impressed me much as a media personality. Would like to see him at Ports as Senior Assistant (ie Vossy's role) with view to him possibly taking over from Ken.

Yeah, I am not sure Buckley has the personality for the media. But we are apparently not going to appoint a Senior Assistant so he will not be filling that role either.

One of the few guys on the AFL coverage that impesses me is Justin Leppitsch speaks a lot of sense (that would probably rule him out of joining our coaching set up though)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back