Player Watch Pick #18 (2016) - Sam Powell-Pepper

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree, but drew plays basically the same role. One of them has to actually win the ball and be attacking with it. Probably better to suited to SPP but his kicking is not great inside 50. Drew's hands are pretty good.

Rotations go through the midfield all the time. You can can have Drew and SPP in the mix.

By the finals, we overplayed our small forwards hand and that cost SPP a spot.

If they believe Butters and Rozee can transition to midfield next year, and Motlop is still in their calculations, SPP will have a problem.

Supposedly he heard a similar message to Ladhams in that they wouldn't guarantee him midfield minutes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trading SPP will be similar to the Wingard trade.
Another failure by Hinkley to get the best out of someone, he’s only deals with the self motivators as he doesn’t have to do much.

Trading SPP will be similar to the Wingard trade.
Another failure by Hinkley to get the best out of someone, he’s only deals with the self motivators as he doesn’t have to do much.

I like a self motivated team too. Much more professional and easier.

Saying that, I'm not a Hinkley fan but we just can't lay blame on Ken. He has the support of line coaches, development coaches, team mates. If Sam can't find the motivation to be the best he needs to be, well shame on him, not Ken.

SPP had a broken hand and some deep seated personal issues pre season and that started his season on the wrong foot, as a consequence he did not play until round 7. In the meantime Bergmann and Drew preformed pretty well which left Sam on the outer. I can blame Ken for a lot of things but not for Sam Powell-Pepper's 2021 form.

So far all I have heard is media talk with nothing from SPP or his management. If Sam wants to go fine, anyone is tradeable for the right price but Sam has two years left on his contract and the price will be high.

I like a self motivated team too. Much more professional and easier.

Saying that, I'm not a Hinkley fan but we just can't lay blame on Ken. He has the support of line coaches, development coaches, team mates. If Sam can't find the motivation to be the best he needs to be, well shame on him, not Ken.
It is easier, but then his job isn’t supposed to be to find the easy route. It’s to get the best out of players using his ‘skills’, no need for him if the players motivate themselves.

SPP had a broken hand and some deep seated personal issues pre season and that started his season on the wrong foot, as a consequence he did not play until round 7. In the meantime Bergmann and Drew preformed pretty well which left Sam on the outer. I can blame Ken for a lot of things but not for Sam Powell-Pepper's 2021 form.

So far all I have heard is media talk with nothing from SPP or his management. If Sam wants to go fine, anyone is tradeable for the right price but Sam has two years left on his contract and the price will be high.

Well if the price is high it won't be happening.

Well if the price is high it won't be happening.

Sam Powell Pepper was drafted with the #18 pick, is 24 and has chalked up 92 AFL games in 5 seasons. You work it out.

PS Do not be mislead by season 2021 because as I posted Sam had a broken hand and some personal issues pre season, he did not play until round 7 and by that time MIles Bergmann and Willem Drew had locked into our side.

Realistically what gets this done?

Oscar Allen. Similar age, gap between his best and worst is noticeable like SPP. Has potential but not realised fully like SPP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back