List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read the Hawks are paying Clarko 900k to not coach them this year

plus everything else going on there. Would be fun to be inside the four walls
Its crazy how quickly they've destroyed everything Clarko built over the last 15 years.

Great example for us on what not to do post-dynasty.

Bm3UsQf.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We had a very good run with injuries in the previous 4 years and a horrible run this year. If we have an average run we'll struggle to be a genuine contender, given the players we've relied on for the past decade are a year older. Like it or not Cotch, Riewoldt, Edwards and Grimes will be on the decline and Dusty might take a while to get back to his best.

Then we'd have to overtake Melbourne and the Bullies and hope that no other team improves to their level. We need a LOT to go in our favour.

There was nothing to lose by getting Tarrant in and his experience will benefit the club in other ways, but we'd need to gain a lot more than just him to win the big one IMO which is why we wet all out for Horne*. As it stands, with an average injury run, we might make the 8 but that's about it.

*EDIT: As you can see above, the club also believes we need at least another gun player to get there.
We're equal 4th favourites to win the flag along with Geelong,Port and Sydney @ 10-1.
We are definately in the window imo.
If we get Tom Mitchell we'll be probably 7 to 1.

So what do they want for Bobby Hill then??? I’m glad we’re not going for him. What Bombers offered is already higher than his value IMO
Bobby hill loses to some of the giants ruckman and kpp in there 2km times trials, seriously unfit for someone his size. Shows with his impact in games as well! Definitely wouldn’t fit our pressure system and surprised Essendon even offered that much

What a snooze fest

And to think there is a show that goes on all day talking about it, quite literally nothing has happened.

Goes to show how much s**t these media types can talk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're equal 4th favourites to win the flag along with Geelong,Port and Sydney @ 10-1.
We are definately in the window imo.
If we get Tom Mitchell we'll be probably 7 to 1.
Equal 4th favourites @ 10-1... Sportsbet has us a rung lower, 6th. Your windows must be bigger than mine.

I can't reveal my source but apparently we made an offer to GWS for Tom Green mid morning today.

We'll just get the Tom Green show next year.

There is 4 teams at 10 to 1 or 11 to 1.
Which means we have to not only do better than the teams we're 'equal' with, we have to overtake the ones above. Tough assignment. What I'm really saying is that we probably need to temper our expectations for the next couple of years.

BTW even Tarrant will probably be on the decline now although I'd expect him to be pretty valuable on the field next year.

Which means we have to not only do better than the teams we're 'equal' with, we have to overtake the ones above. Tough assignment. What I'm really saying is that we probably need to temper our expectations for the next couple of years.

BTW even Tarrant will probably be on the decline now although I'd expect him to be pretty valuable on the field next year.
I would disagree. I think the club and the players believe we are definately in the premiership window.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back