List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is a doooooooozy late deal being worked on and the screws are being turned. The question is, can both clubs reach an agreement?

Well spit it out then...

he’s in the top 10 for uncontested possessions with all the other wingers and he’s supposed to be an inside elite ball winner.

it’s a myth

Like most 'myths', there's some truth in it, but he's been a different player post-leg break physically speaking, plus he's been very candid he doesn't take the game anywhere near as seriously these days, preferring to 'enjoy life.'

Fair enough, it's obvious the hunger has gone (he skirts the outside of the same packs he was once at the bottom of) and that alone makes him a poor trade target without getting into the financials and his current ability.

I feel sorry for Caddy. I would liked to have found a new club for him just to give him an opportunity to play first 22 AFL. Not fussed about what the draft pick would have been although a late third would have been nice I guess. And at least if either Lynch or Riewoldt go down he's a backup. But still I think it's a shame.
I still think there's a possible role for him up forward if he has a good preseason and he's certainly good depth if someone goes down. Not the worst bloke to have on our list.

North want a second round for Xerri but initially valued CCJ as a future third round?

I can just see Luff trying to explain to the saints the current valuation of ruck stocks given we got their future second for CCJ

Not really given you are more likely to win flags with Mitchell and the current group as opposed to the unknown long term.

Richmond will also be starting far behind the 8ball
We're tigers. We hunt. The club have said they're going to give this mob one last hunt. What an opportunity for some of these young mids to step up.

Which we don't have so what's your plan?

Clearly not the guy 7th in brownlow
Develop our own young inside midfielders who have shown good signs at the lower level in terms of being able to win clearances and contested possessions and actually have an impact on games, rather than just racking up big numbers by getting around the back handballs and dinky little 1-2's like Cotchin used to do a decade ago.

Everyone seems keen on a trade with the Hawks. What if we try to pinch Chrissy Newman back as a coach? I'd love him back at Tigerland in some capacity.

View attachment 1259453
Not sure mate. Chris is good friends with Fevola and it might upset Daniel Rioli if Mia is hanging around the club.(not a serious post)

Last edited:
How can you possibly rebuild a culture at a club where they want to off load everyone over 26 but are now left with all of them?

The Hawks are committing culture suicide right now.

attempted. Doesn’t look like it’s going anywhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How can you possibly rebuild a culture at a club where they want to off load everyone over 26 but are now left with all of them?

The Hawks are committing culture suicide right now.
And it's beautiful to watch.

This Trade Deadline show on the AFL website is an absolute joke, there's absolutely stuff all happening in this period yet they are trying to drum up excitement about Luke Breust to take them home to the deadline lol

Yes Lynch's contact is backended, but lets not fall into revisionist history here. He was/is worth every cent. There is no way we would have won 19 without him and he was an important contributor in 20. 21 was poor, but he wasn't alone there.

Ask the Doggies how they feel about the Tom Boyd deal? They would have still done it in a heartbeat. Lynch deserves his $$$.
There's a lot of revisionist history being touted here.

Way, way overs. Hawks would take that in a heartbeat.

Late 2nd rounder is all he's worth.
If the Hawks want to offload him then we do not need to give early draft pick.
F them. Pick 28 is all we should offer. You’re 100% correct.

What nonsense, they know exactly what they’re doing. They only got Tarrant as Astbury retired unplanned and we used his cap money on Tarrant. It’s always been about the draft this year and next.

Correct - I would say internally the club is 95% sure we won’t be at the very pointy end in 2022, so all major decisions are on the assumption we need to refresh the list ASAP.

We got Tarrant due to the 5% chance that if all the stars align we might surprise ourselves, as well as Tarrant being a free agent so costing us nothing.

But we won’t see Mitchell or JOM or anyone similar as the club knows the flag chances are very slim…. but not impossible hence Tarrant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back