List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about Brian Lake, Steven May, Jake Lever who were intergral in helping a side to win a flag?
The midfield is our weakness.
When those sides drafted the players you mentioned they were not in decline. Hawks were still in premiership contention & Melbourne were down.

I'm really hoping that another club does something incredibly stupid today.

View attachment 1259475

Well you can start with the Pies salary cap still being overloaded. add in the Hawks wanting to get rid of mature players, and GWS looking at a huge over payment of players in future years, and Carlton being Carlton, the Cats haven't got a 30+ year old yet, and I'm sure other stuff. Something is likely to blow up.

Doubt we'll be in there unless it is something like Mitchell + wages for 28.

Well you can start with the Pies salary cap still being overloaded. add in the Hawks wanting to get rid of mature players, and GWS looking at a huge over payment of players in future years, and Carlton being Carlton, the Cats haven't got a 30+ year old yet, and I'm sure other stuff. Something is likely to blow up.

Doubt we'll be in there unless it is something like Mitchell + wages for 28.
I'm very happy for RFC to not be involved with any silliness, and to watch others make fools of themselves.

One should never be desperate enough to watch The Block. There are prisoners in Abu Graib who wouldn't subject themselves to it.

Don't watch The Block and don't listen to Trade Radio. Or SEN. Or read the Herald-Sun. Or The Age. Definitely not The Australian. Don't watch commercial news. Or commercial television. Or Q&A. Or 7.30. Or Insiders. Don't watch AFL360 or The Footy Show or Footy Classified or anything with David King, Leigh Montagna or Tom Morris on it. Don't listen to Triple M, 3AW, FoxFM (is that still a thing?) or 774ABC except the world news. Don't listen to Triple J.

Subscribe to PBS FM, RRR too if you feel like it. Michael West Media and Independent Australia. Listen to ABC Classic FM and 3MBS. Read novels (by Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, Steinbeck, Garcia Marquez, Robbins. Catch-22.). Play albums, by Rage Against The Machine, by Stevie Wonder, Miles Davis. Dance. Listen to Mahler, Rachmaninov, Prince. Watch films by Kurosawa and Bergman, by Fellini, by Kubrick, Edgar Wright, Billy Wilder and Sergio Leone. Sing. Read One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest then watch the film. Watch Casablanca, Young Frankenstein and Raiders of the Lost Ark. Again. Doctor Strangelove.

Play the guitar badly. Paint even worse. Write your life story. Ring your mum. Tell your dad you love him. Carve a pumpkin. Clean the bathroom. Make a Scott Morrison voodoo doll.

Just don't watch The Block.

🌈

Is this Trainspotting 3?

Correct - I would say internally the club is 95% sure we won’t be at the very pointy end in 2022, so all major decisions are on the assumption we need to refresh the list ASAP.

We got Tarrant due to the 5% chance that if all the stars align we might surprise ourselves, as well as Tarrant being a free agent so costing us nothing.

But we won’t see Mitchell or JOM or anyone similar as the club knows the flag chances are very slim…. but not impossible hence Tarrant.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I suspect that we are 80% sure that if everything lines up we will be a genuine shot in 2022.

By what we are doing I'd reckon we are freeing up future cap space, and basically thinking that some of our kids are just about ready to step into top line minutes. If we get Ross and RCD actually playing decent minutes and doing well then think of how that frees Cotch and Meatball up. So add a bit to that and we're close to being there.

improve our ball movement and defence with the stupid SHocking rules and we're going to do well.

If we have a good injury year.

It's bit of a risk, but if what I've said is right then at best we have a shot at title 14. At worst we accelerate the development of our future list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When those sides drafted the players you mentioned they were not in decline. Hawks were still in premiership contention & Melbourne were down.
We are not in decline. All we lost was Astbury and we get Dustin, Balta and Soldo back.
You are too pessimistic.
This year we also get a full pre-season as well.
You've given up too easily.
If we weren't in the premiership window we wouldn't have got Tarrant in.

That was a good shot ! Got them right in the Dodoro ! Lol
And hope they hold their position and send a message, an openly public one, shafting a team in a trade can come back to bite in the following trade years.

Not sure that's the main reason, or playing any part in this trade, but GWS were not happy and openly stated it last year. Dudoro needs to be given a whack.

Perhaps splitting 11 with some help from us!!!

Correct. No first year mid is making enough immediate impact to improve the midfield performance from terrible to good enough. Even if we magically got Horne-Francis...maybe? Dunstan would've had a bigger impact than any realistically obtainable mid in this draft.

Makes me scratch me head at the choice of bringing in a 32 year old Tarrant but then following it up by doing nothing else to improve flag prospects for 2022 (trades today pending).

What is the goal? Obviously it is banking on 1-2 of RCD, Ross, Dow exploding next year. I am not sure how wise that is but we will see.
It appears they are thinking like me: we already have enough to win a premiership

We are not in decline. All we lost was Astbury and we get Dustin, Balta and Soldo back.
You are too pessimistic.
This year we also get a full pre-season as well.
You've given up too easily.
If we weren't in the premiership window we wouldn't have got Tarrant in.
We had a very good run with injuries in the previous 4 years and a horrible run this year. If we have an average run we'll struggle to be a genuine contender, given the players we've relied on for the past decade are a year older. Like it or not Cotch, Riewoldt, Edwards and Grimes will be on the decline and Dusty might take a while to get back to his best.

Then we'd have to overtake Melbourne and the Bullies and hope that no other team improves to their level. We need a LOT to go in our favour.

There was nothing to lose by getting Tarrant in and his experience will benefit the club in other ways, but we'd need to gain a lot more than just him to win the big one IMO which is why we went all out for Horne*. As it stands, with an average injury run, we might make the 8 but that's about it.

*EDIT: As you can see above, the club also believes we need at least another gun player to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back