List Mgmt. 2021 Trade and List Management thread III. IN: CCJ

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm loathe to praise them but I posted recently about looking over the last 5 trade periods/drafts and they were by the far the most active participants.

They were moving out picks to bring in role players then cashing in other picks to re-enter rounds. It was like watching the ASX.

When it ends with a minor premiership and premiership coming off a blistering finals series I think you'd be foolish not to look closer at what they did to get there.

If you look up the definition of smug in the dictionary you see a photo of Jason Taylor, their recruiting manager on draft night after they got Jackson, Kosi and Rivers.
The Dees do very good clips of their recruiting and list management guys on draft night. I wish we had something of that ilk but I can understand why we didn't when Joyces was there...

If you look up the definition of smug in the dictionary you see a photo of Jason Taylor, their recruiting manager on draft night after they got Jackson, Kosi and Rivers.
The Dees do very good clips of their recruiting and list management guys on draft night. I wish we had something of that ilk but I can understand why we didn't when Joyces was there...
And they get decent free agents in without breaking the bank.
Held onto leaver and may through their injuries and its obviously paying dividends.

The key is, to be that sh*t following a preliminary final appearance that you get to add the #2 pick to your list and at the same time leverage off your future pick.

Mate, anyone posts here a bit will know my views on them. So it's not like I have some emotive bias towards that club.

But to dismiss their list build by pointing to a ladder dip after a finals appearance is misleading. Their only departure post 2010 from the script we're attempting to follow is the AFL compo gobby they got for Frawley.

Not sure I'd be all that smug taking 3 good players with picks 3, 12, and 32 when i compared it to Jy (#12), Larkey (#73), and Zurhaar (Rookie #11)

But that's just me.

They have clearly been doing good things at the draft for more than 1 year. They just won the flag….. If they’re not the measure what is?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
They stank for two decades. Not our kind of glorious-ninth stank but genuine cursed futile AFL rescue package stank. Good on them for finally turning it around but burning almost a decade's worth of high picks before finally getting your act together isn't the model I hope we follow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'The Brisbane Lions have declined to match the bid'.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

They stank for two decades. Not our kind of glorious-ninth stank but genuine cursed futile AFL rescue package stank. Good on them for finally turning it around but burning almost a decade's worth of high picks before finally getting your act together isn't the model I hope we follow.

They stank for 2 decades and got a flag out of it. We have been mediocre for 2 decades and are at the start of a rebuild. I know which path I would rather take.

I would much rather put up with a bit more pain and get a flag out of it than being mediocre and still not knowing when our next flag is coming.

Last edited:
They stank for 2 decades and got a flag out of it. We have been mediocre for 2 decades and are at the start of a rebuild. I know which path I would rather take.

I would much rather put up with a bit more pain and get a flag out of it than being mediocre and still not knowing when our next flag is coming.

If you're going to cherry pick, you could say they stank for 5 decades and finally got a flag out of it. We were busy winning flags in 2 of those decades.

If you're going to cherry pick, you could say they stank for 5 decades and finally got a flag out of it. We were busy winning flags in 2 of those decades.
North have stunk for the last 2 decades too.
Where's our premiership?

He's perfect for them.
Amazing cover for ryder and works better as a main ruck instead of 2nd ruck/forward option.
Would still be working with Marshall on field but I can 100% see him getting senior games with ryder being so injury prone.

You just said he works best as a main ruck and then said he’ll be working with Marshall to be a ruck/forward. He’s good in vfl then gets lost in afl especially with the yellow ball

You just said he works best as a main ruck and then said he’ll be working with Marshall to be a ruck/forward. He’s good in vfl then gets lost in afl especially with the yellow ball

I said he'll be good as a ryder cover type as main ruck, marshall plays his usual forward/ruck role.
I'm sorry you were confused.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back