Society/Culture Woke. Can you tell real from parody?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolled over to Part 2:

Oxfam has been selling a board game called Wonder Woman Bingo that, instead of using numbers, celebrates 48 inspirational women, the likes of Jane Austen, Rosa Parks, Greta Thunberg, Malala Yousafzai. Lovely idea, with a little bit of feminism thrown in, and all for a good cause. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, just about everything. This weekend, the game was taken off charity shop shelves because of “concerns from our transgender and non-binary colleagues”.

Oxfam has been selling a board game called Wonder Woman Bingo that, instead of using numbers, celebrates 48 inspirational women, the likes of Jane Austen, Rosa Parks, Greta Thunberg, Malala Yousafzai. Lovely idea, with a little bit of feminism thrown in, and all for a good cause. What could possibly go wrong?

Well, just about everything. This weekend, the game was taken off charity shop shelves because of “concerns from our transgender and non-binary colleagues”.

I hope you got yours before they were withdrawn.

Seriously, you cant make this nonsense up haha.
Michael Myers in the new Halloween movie probably killed 20 people. White men and women, Black people and wait for it, a gay couple heaven forbid. Seriously, these nutters complain if they are not included, now complaining they are being killed in a movie that has nearly everyone as a victim to a killer.
And this gay couple even had the most character development besides the few main characters.
Woke or Parody indeed. Bit of both. Better leave the LGBYTCXHIGZC2+ community out of horror movies from now on just to be safe.

Halloween’s bone-chilling villain Michael Myers is ‘homophobic’ in new film

1635294964030.png

Imagine being so mentally handicapped that you cancel a game celebrating women who have made real achievements in history.

Michael Myers in the new Halloween movie probably killed 20 people. White men and women, Black people and wait for it, a gay couple heaven forbid. Seriously, these nutters complain if they are not included, now complaining they are being killed in a movie that has nearly everyone as a victim to a killer.
And this gay couple even had the most character development besides the few main characters.
Woke or Parody indeed. Bit of both.

View attachment 1268657
These people are just making it worse. Just attention seeking morons and they'd be the same regardless of their sexuality.

I've known/lived/worked with heaps of gay people in my time and not a single one of them was like this.

These people are just making it worse. Just attention seeking morons and they'd be the same regardless of their sexuality.

I've known/lived/worked with heaps of gay people in my time and not a single one of them was like this.
I am willing to bet its not even gay people complaining.

I am willing to bet its not even gay people complaining.
Yeah true, that's the worst part.

Nothing worse than people campaigning about useless s**t on behalf of others who haven't asked for it themselves. The worst part is they'll try to claim the minority is too scared to speak up. They're literally telling these minorities what to think and can't see the irony in doing so.

Yeah true, that's the worst part.

Nothing worse than people campaigning about useless sh*t on behalf of others who haven't asked for it themselves. The worst part is they'll try to claim the minority is too scared to speak up. They're literally telling these minorities what to think and can't see the irony in doing so.
Its like the morons who oppose Christmas because it might offend Muslims. There was a few carrying on on the radio in Melbourne. An Iman eventually rang up as they prattled on and shut them up by pointing out that whilst they might disagree with bits of the story, they recognise Jesus as a prophet of the Lord and agree he should be celebrated.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Woke or Parody indeed. Bit of both. Better leave the LGBYTCXHIGZC2+ community out of horror movies from now on just to be safe.

View attachment 1268657

The article is based on some tweets they went looking for.

People you get angry at this are a profitable industry.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Its like the morons who oppose Christmas because it might offend Muslims. There was a few carrying on on the radio in Melbourne. An Iman eventually rang up as they prattled on and shut them up by pointing out that whilst they might disagree with bits of the story, they recognise Jesus as a prophet of the Lord and agree he should be celebrated.

Yep and the other side of the argument is people posting hoaxes on facebook claiming that the muslims indeed want to cancel Xmas when it's not them to begin with.

Anything to incite the masses who are too lazy to do 5 minutes of actual research.

Big Christmas is a scam. You can give presents any day you want.

Imagine being so mentally handicapped that you cancel a game celebrating women who have made real achievements in history.
Sometimes I think there are people in this world that are so miserable, that instead of doing something for themselves to make them happier, prefer to just drag others down into their misery instead.

The smart thing to do surely would be to say, "Hey, that's a good idea, why don't we do a similar thing celebrating trans people?"

I actually agree with you that the acronym here is ******* unworkable.

I prefer NHC (not heterosexual or cisgender). It's succinct and covers pretty much everyone that LGBTIQ++++ does.

Group identities are out of control. G. G&L. GL&B. LGBT. LGBTQI. LGBTTQQIAAP. I mean FFS. And now you have things like QTBIPOC which overlap different minority groups.

If you try and make something all encompassing, it loses effectiveness of representation. Eventually there will be a 'not a straight white male' identifier. If you make something too narrowly specific, it will never get any traction. Effectively it's venturing into individual identity, which the woke hate.

And that's just who a group is intended to represent let alone how it is referred to.

Over the course of history (in the US) black, coloured and negro have all been phased in and out of language and now it's pretty much African American or POC if you want to describe someone and minimise your chances of being lynched by an angry mob. Yet at the same time there is the UNCF with the N standing for negro, the NAACP with the C standing or colored, POC and BIPOC are in vogue and of course black lives matter. I can see how people get tripped up by rapidly evolving language. As Dave Chappelle said, "I didn't know what a TERF was but I do know trans people make up words to win arguments". If you are going around calling people slurs then obviously that's different to being surprised that 'black guy' gets you in trouble.

Anyway activist groups are totally up their own arse these days.

A gay rights group that existed for 50 years (and I'm sure given how much society has changed in that time has helped a lot of people) vanishes from the face of the Earth because it's too white.

Group identities are out of control. G. G&L. GL&B. LGBT. LGBTQI. LGBTTQQIAAP. I mean FFS. And now you have things like QTBIPOC which overlap different minority groups.

If you try and make something all encompassing, it loses effectiveness of representation. Eventually there will be a 'not a straight white male' identifier. If you make something too narrowly specific, it will never get any traction. Effectively it's venturing into individual identity, which the woke hate.

Why * up a reasonable discussion with hyperbole?

I think you'll find so called lefties are all about individualism. It's the right wingers that love their othering and hierarchies.

Over the course of history (in the US) black, coloured and negro have all been phased in and out of language and now it's pretty much African American or POC if you want to describe someone and minimise your chances of being lynched by an angry mob.

Firstly, time has shown us pretty clearly that if anyone is getting 'lynched' in the USA, its the black guy.

Secondly, 'Black' is generally preferred. We don't call White Americans 'European Americans' do we?

Why is that?

View attachment 1268657

Cancel it.

And that's just who a group is intended to represent let alone how it is referred to.

Over the course of history (in the US) black, coloured and negro have all been phased in and out of language and now it's pretty much African American or POC if you want to describe someone and minimise your chances of being lynched by an angry mob. Yet at the same time there is the UNCF with the N standing for negro, the NAACP with the C standing or colored, POC and BIPOC are in vogue and of course black lives matter. I can see how people get tripped up by rapidly evolving language. As Dave Chappelle said, "I didn't know what a TERF was but I do know trans people make up words to win arguments". If you are going around calling people slurs then obviously that's different to being surprised that 'black guy' gets you in trouble.

Anyway activist groups are totally up their own arse these days.

A gay rights group that existed for 50 years (and I'm sure given how much society has changed in that time has helped a lot of people) vanishes from the face of the Earth because it's too white.

This is a classic example of impractical, see everybody wants to be 'included', so if you have just 'x' minority group that doesn't include 'z' then someone somewhere will throw the toys out of the cot.

Now we have a pride march and a pride group that are doing good for the community self disbanding coz someone somewhere has thrown the toys out of the cot coz someone wasn't included, then the self loathing follows suit.

Ok if that exclusion was intended then fair enough, knock yourself out, punish yourself until the end of days! Go you good thing.

But FMD there is no doubt that over representation of 'whites' or (evil) people in this organization was NOT the intent.

When are people going to grow up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back