Society/Culture Can we please stop equating the risk posed by left wing extremists with that of right wing extremists?

Remove this Banner Ad

No, but you were saying (and inferring) this bloke was totally justified in his actions.
If you had shown one ounce of disgust at her assault on him as you did the other way, you'd have at least one shred of credibility... you didn't, you dont.
For the final time... men are not women's punching bags, and although this blokes reaction wouldn't have been mine, don't be surprised when others are not so accommodating.
#notrocketscience #keepyourhandstoyourself

If you had shown one ounce of disgust at her assault on him as you did the other way, you'd have at least one shred of credibility... you didn't, you dont.

What assault on him? There was no evidence of him being struck, and he threw it at her as she was running away.

Where is the assault?

men are not women's punching bags, and although this blokes reaction wouldn't have been mine, don't be surprised when others are not so accommodating.

Classy.

Disingenuous at best...

No, you're the one asserting something (she assaulted him), and then seeking to justify his actions (he assaulted her, as she ran away) in response.

We already agree that you dont think his assault on her was justified.

Can you now show me where she assaulted him? All I've read is she threw it at him and ran off. No evidence of it actually hitting him.

Can you show me proof that happened please?

No, you're the one asserting something (she assaulted him), and then seeking to justify his actions (he assaulted her, as she ran away) in response.

We already agree that you dont think his assault on her was justified.

Can you now show me where she assaulted him? All I've read is she threw it at him and ran off. No evidence of it actually hitting him.

Can you show me proof that happened please?
You dont consider throwing a can at someone an assault?
DM me your work address, Ive got a bag full of cans the kids have been collecting, Ill swing by and throw them at you. See if you still feel the same way.

I wouldn't have the nerve to complain if someone clocked me with the very can I threw at them, after I was caught vandalising private property.

Is it even possible to vandalise an antivax poster that was posted illegally? Not to mention it was on a lamp post/power pole, not private property.

Is it even possible to vandalise an antivax poster that was posted illegally? Not to mention it was on a lamp post, not private property.

These illegal street postings aren't really the issue so much as that it's an unpopular message. I've seen plenty of these posters that I would disagree with, it's not my place to spray all over them or public property because I feel they're wrong.

It's not even a particularly urgent concern. The state is 90% vaccinated, and counting. The anti-vaxxers lost.

You dont consider throwing a can at someone an assault?

No I dont, and neither does the law. Anymore than throwing a punch that doesn't connect would be considered assault.

'Attempted' assault perhaps.

So lets be clear here - you're saying that (even though you personally wouldnt act the same way) if a woman attempts to assault a bloke, and then runs away, he is justified in assaulting her in return as she runs off?

Yes or no?

No I dont, and neither does the law. Anymore than throwing a punch that doesn't connect would be considered assault.

'Attempted' assault perhaps.

So lets be clear here - you're saying that (even though you personally wouldnt act the same way) if a woman attempts to assault a bloke, and then runs away, he is justified in assaulting her in return as she runs off?

Yes or no?
Theres those mental gymnastics again... youre not even remotely good at trying to twist my words.
Still waiting for your DM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action.
I cant take him seriously... he comes across as sneaky and dishonest at best

An assault is the act of inflicting physical harm or unwanted physical contact upon a person or, in some specific legal definitions, a threat or attempt to commit such an action.
What she did would likely be assault in Queensland. What he did would be grievous bodily harm.

What he did would also be out of proportion to the threat she posed to him.

This shouldn’t be at all controversial.

Theres those mental gymnastics again... youre not even remotely good at trying to twist my words.
Still waiting for your DM

Answer the question:

Are you saying that (even though you personally wouldnt act the same way) ''If a woman attempts to assault a bloke, and then runs away, he is justified in assaulting her in return as she runs off?''

Yes or no?

What she did would likely be assault in Queensland. What he did would be grievous bodily harm.

What he did would also be out of proportion to the threat she posed to him.

This shouldn’t be at all controversial.

They can't agree on the assault part, and also theres the question of whether gender should be taken into account.

Answer the question:

Are you saying that (even though you personally wouldnt act the same way) ''If a woman attempts to assault a bloke, and then runs away, he is justified in assaulting her in return as she runs off?''

Yes or no?

Would it be a proportionate response? I don't think he's saying any attempt at assault means he gets a free hit to do whatever he likes.

Clearly not.

If she threw a knife at him (and missed) and then ran away, and he pegged it back at her as she fled and killed her, he's off to prison.

I mean in your hypothetical about what is justified, would his response be a proportionate one? I think a proportionate response is justified.

If the evidence was that he was a frail elderly old bloke (for example) and she was a 6 foot MMA fighter, then we could talk the relevance of gender.

Ditto if she was running towards a table full of weapons, and not attempting to flee.

Both are relevant to the discussion.

Nah, she was painting over antivax propaganda. That's a community service, not graffiti.

I'm of the opinion that neither party should have pegged the spray can at each other. Considering the initial problem though, if he was exercising his freedom of speech by putting up an antivax poster she equally had the right to deface it using a form of free speech all her own. I deface political messages I don't like. If I put posters up advocating things I believe in I fully expect the other side to deface them too. It's the streets, people. That's just how s**t rolls.

I can accept that he had no idea she was a politician's daughter, and that this was not an attempt at political terrorism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back