News Alberton Oval Redevelopment

Remove this Banner Ad

I dislike Morrison as much as the next guy but getting the sitting Liberal PM to Alberton for an announcement in a seat that won't be held by the Liberals in his lifetime is a good get from Koch.
As with everything with this campaigner, the devil is in the detail. Big on announcements like this.

What the * is wrong with Scotty from Marketing's marketing team? In Adelaide all day, down at Alberton, middle of the day and no cameras there for 6pm and 7pm new services. No press/media release on his official website, nothing on his twitter account.

Nothing on Port's website, nothing on Port's twitter account, nothing on Koch's twitter account. What's going on??

Does he think giving Murdoch an exclusive will help him in a few months time?? You'd think with all the bad PR lately, including backbench revolt over legislation and philosophical issues, he would want all the good PR he could get in as wide a spread across the media.

I was expecting this announcement next year closer to the election, but the deal on funding must have been done awhile back, that within a short number of days/week of council granting approval the feds would make an announcement granting the monies. I know we were hoping for approval to be granted between June and August, but Seventh Avenue residents protesting pushed that back a few months.

The feds cash splash that started 3 years ago on pro clubs and pro sports getting funding for women's teams facilities and community functions meant we weren't going to miss out on the standard $15mil they have been handing out. Thanks for the funding ScoMo, but you're still, the liar from the shire.

Is this guaranteed or is it pending Liberal re-election?
Timing before an election has been called and an election budget, says to me this is funded.

When the 2021-22 Mid-Year Economic and Fiscal Outlook is released usually about 10th December, I will have a look, because if it's guaranteed it will be in there as an expenditure item not in the 2021-22 Budget

I dislike Morrison as much as the next guy but getting the sitting Liberal PM to Alberton for an announcement in a seat that won't be held by the Liberals in his lifetime is a good get from Koch.
There are port supporters in other seats, not to mention the senate vote. Great move by the government to show they support true clubs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$2mil upgrade of Williams Family Stand for AFLW - funding by state government
$5mil Port Club upgrade+Museum funded by private benefactors + Pirate Life selling The Creed Lager - buy some!!
$23mil to build the new facility, soccer pitch, demolish buildings+terraces and landscape eastern side of Alberton

$15mil of $23mil from feds. Other $8mil is private contribution plus corporates contributing. Is Murdoch contributing? Is that why he got the exclusive???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back