Training 2022 Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to the home of the best vanilla slice’s.
I assume you're not talking about Bridgewater in central Victoria. They're the current holders of the award for Best Vanilla Slice in Australia. I ate one two OK three last Friday, and my goodness it is THE BUSINESS! Anyhoo, I digress...

Anyone there this morning? Wanted to go but home life made it hard
No.

Well I'll be! Look what those wet season westerlies blew in today...

Wednesday training report

Today was back at Freo's spiritual oval.

As I arrived I noticed Danny the Doorman accosting Ryan Daniel's for the 1000th time.

Then followed by a few old salts watching on.

As I sat under one of the beautiful fig trees I felt centred and ready to absorb what presented infront of me.

Today's session was predominantly skills based. One of the main focuses during skills training is entirely kicking to position with no handballs.

Overall the skills were just average considering the moderate level of intensity.

It's very hard to notice stand-out players when it's not a match sim.

Having said that none of the 1st and second year players look out of place and trained well.

I can provide a more detailed report on how players are tracking during match sim sessions.

And whoever that guy who floated past me while I was under the fig tree. If you are reading this I officially am a little more worried about contracting covid.

Peace Jedi Mindfulness

Back at the home of WA football, Fremantle Oval.
Gee I was impressed by how well Alex Pearce spoke in this interview.
His words on Harley Balic were very genuine.
Also his thoughts on how the virus could have effects and how it could be handled were very interesting.

How ridiculous does he look having to spin his sleeves to have the Sullivan Logistics logo showing!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Errrgh any danger of a training report?
Stopped for a quick bite and geez so not overly detailed here, try and keep it interesting.

Pearce, Tabs Looked to be off legs after warm up laps, doing PT stuff on boundary, same with Crowden, Rick and Treacy.
Hammer joined in some of the drills later in the session, flying for marks on the pads. Good sighs.

Erasmus trained with the forward group for the most part. Exciting

Clark doing a lot of rebound 50 receives and hitting targets deep. Great peg

Brodie comfortably last in nearly every running drill. Concerning.

5 NGA train-ons down there was a little confusing.

Last edited:
Stopped for a quick bite and geez so not overly detailed here, try and keep it interesting.

Pearce, Tabs Looked to be off legs after warm up laps, doing PT stuff on boundary, same with Crowden, Rick and Treacy.
Hammer joined in some of the drills later in the session, flying for marks on the pads. Good sighs.

Erasmus trained with the forward group for the most part. Exciting

Clark doing a lot of rebound 50 receives and hitting targets deep. Great peg

Brodie comfortable last in nearly every running drill. Concerning.

5 NGA train-ons down there was a little confusing.
From the photo gallery on the FFC website looked like one of those NGA boys was out marking Acres!
might say more about Acres than Josh Draper.

Ha - was just about to post this !!

Impressive vertical leap and hang time from Chappy there... me likey !!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
The best bit is Amiss outmarked him like he was nothing the other day.

Apologies, I didnt look at the thread till last evening and looked like the thread was moving back on track by the time I got on but it's a passionate topic so the Freo vs Cockburn sidetrack didnt want to die down.

Thread is for this pre-season, not 2017, ploz try to keep on track so we can continue to bask in the glory of 2022 training reports and how we are about to go undefeated because every recruit and draftee is winning a brownlow this year until proven otherwise

Apologies, I didnt look at the thread till last evening and looked like the thread was moving back on track by the time I got on but it's a passionate topic so the Freo vs Cockburn sidetrack didnt want to die down.

Thread is for this pre-season, not 2017, ploz try to keep on track so we can continue to bask in the glory of 2022 training reports and how we are about to go undefeated because every recruit and draftee is winning a brownlow this year until proven otherwise
Apology accepted................................this time.

Fremantle Dockers Training Notes: David Mundy, Nat Fyfe, Matt Taberner, Jye Amiss, Josh Treacy and Sam Sturt
Headshot of Braden Quartermaine

Braden QuartermaineThe West Australian
Wed, 12 January 2022 3:04PM
Braden Quartermaine

Fremantle veteran [PLAYERCARD]David Mundy[/PLAYERCARD] was back at training today after an ankle injury.
Fremantle veteran David Mundy was back at training today after an ankle injury. Credit: Paul Kane/Getty Images

UP AND RUNNING
Veteran David Mundy was back at training this morning for the first time since suffering an ankle injury in the last session before Christmas.
Mundy was unable to join the main group, but got through plenty of jogging on the outer side of Fremantle Oval as part of the rehab group.

While the 36-year-old legend will be on a gradual build, he has nine weeks until round one and looks to have time on his side.
TALL TIMBER LAID LOW
The list of Dockers in rehab or staying off the track altogether was longer than the club would like, particularly ahead of a season where COVID could test squad depth like never before.
Key-position players Matt Taberner, Josh Treacy, Alex Pearce and Joel Hamling were missing from the main group, while skipper Nat Fyfe was also part of a rehab running group that included Brandon Walker and Sam Switkowski.
Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe as with the rehab running group as he recovers from post-season shoulder surgery.
Fremantle captain Nat Fyfe as with the rehab running group as he recovers from post-season shoulder surgery. Credit: Paul Kane/Getty Images
Mitch Crowden and Sam Sturt were among those who sweated it out on the sidelines, getting through a power of work on exercise machines in full sun.
Fyfe moved well, beginning in running shoes before changing into footy boots for some agility running around cones and simple ball drills.
JYE NO-MISS

There was some goal kicking practice on the menu for the competition’s worst side in front of the sticks and players appreciated still conditions at Fremantle Oval, in contrast to their often windy Cockburn base.
Top draft pick Jye Amiss, taken with pick 8 in the recent national draft, kicked an accurate 51.15 for the East Perth colts last season and it seems he’s brought his kicking boots with him.
Fremantle young gun Jye Amiss impressed with his goalkicking and his tackling at training today.
Fremantle young gun Jye Amiss impressed with his goalkicking and his tackling at training today. Credit: Paul Kane/Getty Images
Having slotted a set shot from about 45 degrees, an impressed forwards coach Jaymie Graham asked the youngster: “Have you missed one yet?”
The 195cm left-footer is likely to spend the bulk of 2022 with host club Peel, but you get the feeling Freo fans will eventually become very familiar with his slow, deliberate run-up routine which is so far working a treat.
A SAD SIGHT
The issue of homeless people sleeping at the back of traditional WAFL grandstands is by no means a new one.
But the sight of rough sleepers in Fremantle Oval’s 124-year-old Victoria Pavilion as a professional sporting organisation operated on the field was certainly a jarring juxtaposition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back