Vic How would you rate Daniel Andrews' performance as Victorian Premier? - Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn’t say that. They mentioned today that they expected a code brown would be called at some stage during the peak.

Given they believe we’ve already hit the peak and hospitalisations lag by weeks, it’s make sense to prepare the workforce for the inevitable peak in the hospital system in the coming weeks.

It’s impossible to gather staff literally overnight so I see this more as a precursor event to deal with the expected potential strain over the 4-6 weeks.

The hospitals made the decision a week back. There arent the staff to gather, thats the problem.

At least you know where the ‘milk sops’ are coming from.

Major difference being - if you take time off for the School Sports Day, reduce your hours or take leave no one dies.

So in your opinion it’s only HCW who are negatively affected in a way that will have a detrimental effect on other people? So in no other area will mass shortages lead to people dying? Interesting.

No more so than your recent digs at me.:rolleyes:
Criticising your off topic posting that makes no sense isn't trolling you
If i start replying ok boomer to everything irrelevant you post, well....

Jeez, a bit tough on Sttew there mate. Sttew is ok, a bit too Tory for my liking but at least presents arguments that could be construed as reasonable.

Eddie is a nutter who really should be in an institution where professionals can look after him, feed him and change his nappies. People like Eddie really shouldn't get about society unsupervised.

Imagine the tantrum the fake teacher would have if people were actually this personal against him instead of the things he takes as a personal insult.

Luckily I’m more thick skinned and pay zero attention to complete nut jobs like this and PRBitch.

Imagine the tantrum the fake teacher would have if people were actually this personal against him instead of the things he takes as a personal insult.

Luckily I’m more thick skinned and pay zero attention to complete nut jobs like this and PRBitch.
We thank you for your service

They have so much ammo yet their election campaign just seems to dig up the same old Twitter sh**. They knee jerk and use the latest news to try and swing voters. It’s all they do.

Oh cases are rising and Dans on leave:
“Why is Dan on leave during a crisis?”

We’ve run out of rapid tests:
“Why didn’t Dan order the rapid tests?”
“Why did Dan say rapid tests don’t work?”

We’re low on healthcare staff:
“Why did Dan sack all the unvaccinated nurses?”

Hospital capacity is thin:
“Where are the 4000 beds Dan promised?”

It’s utter high school garbage. Seriously can’t stand the lot of them. Unqualified morons.
Case in point Matthew Guy attacking the Andrews government on the health care crisis when he and his fellow dingbats have been advocating let it rip since the pandemic began.

Case in point Matthew Guy attacking the Andrews government on the health care crisis when he and his fellow dingbats have been advocating let it rip since the pandemic began.

Nobody was advocating "let it rip" when the pandemic started. Nobody knew how long it would last, how serious it was, etc.

You don't think its possible to "let it rip" without protecting essential services and having contingency plans?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nobody was advocating "let it rip" when the pandemic started. Nobody knew how long it would last, how serious it was, etc.

You don't think its possible to "let it rip" without protecting essential services and having contingency plans?

Plenty of your conservative mob were mate. Heaps of them. The idiot pretending to run NSW has been a no-restriction advocate from day one. As have the usual suspects on Sky Propaganda News. Oxygen stealers like Rowan Dean, Andrew Bolt and Rita the Deplorable were "let it rippers" early on and have flip flopped their way through it from there. Dim Tim Smith was very vocal as early as April 2020 when he attacked the Vic Government for imposing restrictions.

Plenty of your conservative mob were mate. Heaps of them. The idiot pretending to run NSW has been a no-restriction advocate from day one. As have the usual suspects on Sky Propaganda News. Oxygen stealers like Rowan Dean, Andrew Bolt and Rita the Deplorable were "let it rippers" early on and have flip flopped their way through it from there. Dim Tim Smith was very vocal as early as April 2020 year when he attacked the Vic Government for imposing restrictions.
Morning The Cryptkeeper. I won't argue the first point, but what about the second point? Can you "let it rip" and at the same time plan to protect essential services? Surely, for any government, letting it rip and and having contingency plans should go hand in hand?

Morning The Cryptkeeper. I won't argue the first point, but what about the second point? Can you "let it rip" and at the same time plan to protect essential services? Surely, for any government, letting it rip and and having contingency plans should go hand in hand?

It's an interesting question and my answer is that I am not sure. I am not sufficiently across the resourcing requirements from a healthcare perspective but my assumption would be that if Omicron continues on it's trajectory (and continues to e comparatively mild) then we'll see sharp dropoff in cases sooner rather than later (as it will have been right through the population) and a quick easing of restrictions.

I'm not sure that what you are suggesting isn't something of an oxymoron though. Surely by definition, if there are contingency plans in place (and you are right, there should be) a "let it rip" strategy is at best a strategy with some qualifications?

It's an interesting question and my answer is that I am not sure. I am not sufficiently across the resourcing requirements from a healthcare perspective but my assumption would be that if Omicron continues on it's trajectory (and continues to e comparatively mild) then we'll see sharp dropoff in cases sooner rather than later (as it will have been right through the population) and a quick easing of restrictions.

I'm not sure that what you are suggesting isn't something of an oxymoron though. Surely by definition, if there are contingency plans in place (and you are right, there should be) a "let it rip" strategy is at best a strategy with some qualifications?
Its no oxymoron. If the strategy is to let Covid rip through the population in order to protect the economy and/or create herd immunity, unless you properly plan for the inevitable fall out it is doomed to either fail or create new problems. I don't think let it rip means to do absolutely nothing other than let Covid "rip" through the population.

Its no oxymoron. If the strategy is to let Covid rip through the population in order to protect the economy and/or create herd immunity, unless you properly plan for the inevitable fall out it is doomed to either fail or create new problems. I don't think let it rip means to do absolutely nothing other than let Covid "rip" through the population.

Ahh, so we are at cross purposes as to the meaning of "let it rip."

Well yes, of course there needs to be contingencies. But there is also a serious shortage of the medical staff that would be required to ensure our bases are covered. This is not helped by a federal government who have constipated immigration and not taken the necessary steps to mitigate our situation.

So in the context of your question, yes I agree but we are simply underprepared.

People railed against restrictions saying it was killing the economy
The modeling from Treasury said it was better than being open and having the health system collapse

It appears all they did was slowly overload the hospital system then dump the mess on them after two years with no help or break

Fully ****ed at all levels, what is happening now is damaging the economy massively and they've all turned the support taps off and are sitting on their hands

Honestly we're getting what I expected we'd get two years ago it just took them that long to decide it was politically expedient at state and federal levels everywhere bar WA which is doing its own thing as usual

People railed against restrictions saying it was killing the economy
The modeling from Treasury said it was better than being open and having the health system collapse

It appears all they did was slowly overload the hospital system then dump the mess on them after two years with no help or break

Fully f’ed at all levels, what is happening now is damaging the economy massively and they've all turned the support taps off and are sitting on their hands

Honestly we're getting what I expected we'd get two years ago it just took them that long to decide it was politically expedient at state and federal levels everywhere bar WA which is doing its own thing as usual

I think anybody with half a brain and something resembling a social conscience could see this coming.

Sadly neither of these two commodities is in ready supply at federal level, and only in small supply at state level.

From the USA. This is an interesting and very sobering read:

"Some experts are hopeful that Omicron will peak quickly, which would help alleviate the pressure on hospitals. But what then? Ranney fears that once hospitalizations start falling, policy makers and the public will assume that the health-care system is safe, and do nothing to address the staffing shortages, burnout, exploitative working conditions, and just-in-time supply chains that pushed said system to the brink. And even if the flood of COVID patients slows, health-care workers will still have to deal with the fallout—cases of long COVID, or people who sat on severe illnesses and didn’t go to hospital during the surge. They’ll do so with even less support than before, without the colleagues who are quitting their jobs right now, or who will do so once the need and the adrenaline subside. “Right now, there’s a sense of purpose, which lets you mask the trauma that everyone is experiencing,” Pooran said. “My fear is that when COVID is done with and everything does quiet down, that sense of purpose will go away and a lot of good people will leave.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back